New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sacandaga challenge  (Read 20000 times)

Offline adksguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
sacandaga challenge
« on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Hey guys don't want any bickering just wanted to know who all will b out there I hope to meet some of ya ill b in a big blue shanty with wood stove stack near broadalbin launch will have some venison summer sausage feel free to stop in  can't wait   think ice adksguy ;D
good ice, good buds, and good times that's what it's all about!!

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
Re: sacandaga challenge
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Hey Adksguy Our group from Ct, about 6-8 guys will be close to the lake as it narrows and goes east that and the small island the other side of the channel the north side of the big body of the lake.We will be on the lake Friday the day before. I rent a shanty from world famous Dave's bait. I think we will be just north of Sinclair point in the channel. Always looking to meet new friends Stop by

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Hey guys don't want any bickering just wanted to know who all will b out there I hope to meet some of ya ill b in a big blue shanty with wood stove stack near broadalbin launch will have some venison summer sausage feel free to stop in  can't wait   think ice adksguy ;D
I will be in that same shanty, but I think I am going to be out there on Friday to beat some the parking problems that they will have.

Offline adksguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:21 PM »
o2rmk800 great plan and octanehi5 c u out there

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:45 PM »
hey what are you doing on here at 9:22am? no work today? lol

Offline Quackstacker14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2012, 05:48 AM »
I will be there.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2012, 05:52 AM »
Lock it in jan 26 hopefully killin it :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2012, 07:59 AM »

ADKSGUY,
We will be out there.  Probably pretty close to you guys.  Maybe a little more north heading towards the bridge.  I have an early ice spot that I usually do well in and by the looks of things end of January might be early ice.  ***Off topic, did they take down the Walleye Challenge page where HiOctane was complaining about the way the tournament is run?  I can't find it anywhere?
J3W

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Don't know exactly where I'm fishing yet, but I will definitely be out there. It would be nice if I could get a flag this year. hahaha.  Investing in a flasher so maybe that will help.  I'm leaning towards Marcum right now.  Any suggestions?
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Don't know exactly where I'm fishing yet, but I will definitely be out there. It would be nice if I could get a flag this year. hahaha.  Investing in a flasher so maybe that will help.  I'm leaning towards Marcum right now.  Any suggestions?

We are adding a couple flashers to or gear this year.  My buddy has done a lot of research and he is going with Marcum.
J3W

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Thanks Johnny. Any specific models you could recommend and where he is finding the best prices? How much? Appreciate the response.
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2012, 09:47 AM »
I believe he is going with the marcum sundowner.  It has only 1/2" separation and is digital.  Its different than the old flashers that are rounded.  Its just straight up and down digital bars.  It also appears to be more light weight and not as bulky.  I have watched a few ice fishing shows and thats what they were all using.  You should be able to google it and find it for around $340-350 with free shipping.  You just have to see if its the style that you want.  Good luck and let me know later in the season what you choose and if you like it. 
J3W

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2012, 10:05 AM »
We are adding a couple flashers to or gear this year.  My buddy has done a lot of research and he is going with Marcum.
J3W

I'm ot sure, but you might be able to get a deal at the FISH307 open house running today.

Offline Harper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2012, 10:43 AM »
My brother and I will be fishing on the Lakeview side. Hope to see you all out there. Let's pray for good ice!
Harper's Tip-Up Inn

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2012, 01:41 PM »
I believe he is going with the marcum sundowner.  It has only 1/2" separation and is digital.  Its different than the old flashers that are rounded.  Its just straight up and down digital bars.  It also appears to be more light weight and not as bulky.  I have watched a few ice fishing shows and thats what they were all using.  You should be able to google it and find it for around $340-350 with free shipping.  You just have to see if its the style that you want.  Good luck and let me know later in the season what you choose and if you like it. 
J3W

I have the showdown and love it. It is good to check depths on the Sacandaga but to try to jig that lake is a lost cause. If you get a school of perch around you might pick up a few.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:55 AM »
In answer to your ? on the walleye challenge,the Mod did Pm me and asked me if I minded if he took the thread down. I told him it was fine with me. It was not my intention for it to get that negative. From now on I for one will only promote positive things about Ice fishing. That's over move on.I for one can not wait for the tourney and meet some old friends and make a few new ones.Let the fish stories begin :tipup:

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:58 AM »
I have the showdown and it is very easy to use.

Offline wetsleeves

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:04 PM »
If you pick up a showdown or an LX-3 or 5 by Jan 15, ice force is giving away a free tackle pack valued at $80 with a bunch of good stuff from the ice force brands. 

http://www.rapala.com/Buy-MarCum%2C-Get-A-Free-ICE-FORCE-Tackle-Pack/iceforce-rebate-2012-marcum,default,pg.html?id=20

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:22 PM »
I hope this rain is not hurting the ice up north.Would love to make it up there a few weeks early.I have a few spots marked on my GPS I would like to try before the derby :tipup:

Offline adksguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Have a showdown and love it also have a vexilar 8 love that unit too all preference the key is to have one they all work

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2012, 02:35 PM »
I hope this rain is not hurting the ice up north.Would love to make it up there a few weeks early.I have a few spots marked on my GPS I would like to try before the derby :tipup:
[/quote

What ice?  Sacandaga is hasn't even started to freeze. We all could be in this for the raffles. I hope ur spots had deep water, the lake is very low this year.  If you marked 20fow in the summer ur probly looking at 10 now.

Offline bigpike8

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Waiting on a hog!!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2012, 03:08 PM »
hoping the lake freezes up soon i gotta get out there man!!!!!Dang winter.i made it into the challenge and will probably be out there depending on icetop conditions.either way i will be at Lanzi`s to claim a door prize or so i hope.and if i fish hopefully a lil cash.how did everyone else make out heard it filled quick this year.Good contest to be in.
Good judgement comes from experience, and alot of that comes from bad judgement.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2012, 04:53 PM »
I know that the water level drops every winter, one of the reasons to get up a little early and try it out. it maybe a yr to stay in the channel. the rain we are getting should bring things up a bit.

Offline bigpike8

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Waiting on a hog!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2012, 06:48 PM »
yea there is no ice around here.i notice that it is very hard to find deep water in the winter.prolly the river channels and up by the dam is the best bet.where do ya fish octanehi5?deeps or shallows?
Good judgement comes from experience, and alot of that comes from bad judgement.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Lake level is about where it should be this time of year....hunts2long
Northville, NY

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2012, 05:27 AM »
I like to keep a few shallow,then increase in depth,the yr I won the winning tip up was only in 11 ' near shore and that was at 1;30. If you can find structure that always helps

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Lake level is about where it should be this time of year....hunts2long

I am not sure what you mean by saying it is where it should be this time of year. That all depends on water levels down the line. It is where they want it but way lower this year than the last two years.  Like I said,  way lower than when you took him out in ur boat over the summer.....ssminnow

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:42 PM »
The so called dead sea, does not give up big numbers of walleye in ice season. A small hole or bump on the bottom, tree stumps any small structure. A matter of being off the mark by 10' means catching fish or not.I was lucky this yr that Hunts2 long took me out on his boat.The man knows his lake. we caught walleye on every spot he showed me. You can rest assure I will be trying those spots,they should produce walleye. now on the other hand catching the winning walleye is a differant story. We caught a few last derby they did not place.but over 4 yrs we have narrowed our search. with our crew of guys from our state we have 30 tip ups in the water at all times.When a flag does go up we usually get alot of company. On average the derby usually produces about 15% of the people in the derby catch Wally.I plan on being in that 15% Lets make some ice

Offline ADKBIGBEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2012, 02:39 PM »
hey guys..just wanted to say hey ..im new on this sight but not new to the hard water :tipup: ...my shack will be near wallys ...hope to meet some of you on the sacandaga this year ...always have cold beer and venison goin  ;D
may the beer be cold and your lines be tight

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2012, 03:26 PM »
hey guys..just wanted to say hey ..im new on this sight but not new to the hard water :tipup: ...my shack will be near wallys ...hope to meet some of you on the sacandaga this year ...always have cold beer and venison goin  ;D

Welcome aboard!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.