Author Topic: Lk hopatcong State Park and River Styx  (Read 2074 times)

Offline lech

• IceShanty Rookie
Lk hopatcong State Park and River Styx
« on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:59 PM »
I was around 4 pm this afternoon by the bridge on River Styx. There were 3 guys fishing straight  not too far from the decks of  restaurant. Ice is still 4inches and  shoreline is in good shape. After that I went to the State Park.  They were 10 guys fishing spreading on the left in the center and on the right side looking from the parking lot. Even though one guy fishing  the center was far from the shore.Ice is similar 4 inches. Shoreline is holding not too bad so you can get in and out in same  places. I think so incoming cold weather can extend ice fishing for one more week.

Offline TD

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lk hopatcong State Park and River Styx
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:21 AM »
I was at State Park yesterday from about 11 to 2.  Closer to 5 inches of ice, walked out from the beach area.  Dow's said someone went through the ice there...that person must have been closer to the open water to the left.  20 blue gills, 3 perch, 1 crappie, 1 pickerel.  A few people were fishing off Nolan's Point but that looked a bit sketchy.

Offline Chrisper4694

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lk hopatcong State Park and River Styx
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:01 PM »
just to be clear, the water from the bridge to the mouth of the cove is NOT safe.  it was open water a few days ago and is now covered with snow and slush....i wouldn't go anywhere near it.  the inside of the cove is ok, guys were on it this morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.