The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: end of season comet pond brookie  (Read 1550 times)

Offline swampa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bring on the trout
end of season comet pond brookie
« on: Mar 21, 2019, 10:04 AM »
fished my favorite spot on comet pond yesterday north end ( B.P.K point ) from 6 till noon , was a slow day on the ice only had 3 flags 2 hit n spits between 7 and 8 am on crawler 3 ft below ice in 8 ft of water and at 10:20 got my 3 rd flag at my honey hole 5 ft of water rosie 2 ft down and landed a nice fat 14.5 inch brookie , the ice was deteriating fast in the 55 degrees yesterday . I fished this point monday and there was a foot of ice , yesterday there was 9 inches to start morning and the top 3 was crumbling fast and mush by the time i left at noon , so it was a decent way to end the season for me with a nice comet brookie

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: end of season comet pond brookie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:27 AM »
fished my favorite spot on comet pond yesterday north end ( B.P.K point ) from 6 till noon , was a slow day on the ice only had 3 flags 2 hit n spits between 7 and 8 am on crawler 3 ft below ice in 8 ft of water and at 10:20 got my 3 rd flag at my honey hole 5 ft of water rosie 2 ft down and landed a nice fat 14.5 inch brookie , the ice was deteriating fast in the 55 degrees yesterday . I fished this point monday and there was a foot of ice , yesterday there was 9 inches to start morning and the top 3 was crumbling fast and mush by the time i left at noon , so it was a decent way to end the season for me with a nice comet brookie

Did you see the stocking truck? They dumped a load of rainbows in. Might have to try this weekend and jig some stockies

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2019, 12:36 PM »
that's a nice size brookie :)

Offline swampa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bring on the trout
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2019, 01:24 PM »
thanks , that point holds some bigens that was the second fat brookie I caught off that point this season

Offline swampa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bring on the trout
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Did you see the stocking truck? They dumped a load of rainbows in. Might have to try this weekend and jig some stockies
i didnt see them put in ,  I was fishing the northern point from what i was told the truck pulled in the boatramp at 9 am and put in 800 rainbows

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2019, 03:23 PM »
i didnt see them put in ,  I was fishing the northern point from what i was told the truck pulled in the boatramp at 9 am and put in 800 rainbows
I fished around the corner on another pond in the evening and pulled into the ramp and saw the hole they made and all the water on the pavement so I knew they threw them in there.

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Really nice brookie Swampa! I catch them regularly in the 7 mile but nothing near that size. I open water fished at Quinsig today, that was stocked 2 days ago.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Really nice brookie Swampa! I catch them regularly in the 7 mile but nothing near that size. I open water fished at Quinsig today, that was stocked 2 days ago.
I just got back from quinsig. Nothing for me but I just tossed metals at the usual stocking points.

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2019, 04:28 PM »
Nice Brookie Swampa way to end on a high note :)

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Nice fish. I have still never poked a hole there and I live close

Offline swampa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bring on the trout
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Really nice brookie Swampa! I catch them regularly in the 7 mile but nothing near that size. I open water fished at Quinsig today, that was stocked 2 days ago. thanks buddy was great meeting you guys out on south pond , anytime ya want to fish quinsig let me know i will show ya all my hot spots haha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:26 PM »
If your ever looking for someone to fish quinsig with you swamps I live 6 minutes from there and am down to fish anytime I'm not working.

Offline jaltif

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2019, 07:23 AM »
I live on quinsg in one of the best pike areas on the quinsig I troll there and quabbin all the time semi retired always lookin for a second in the boat if anyones interested.

Offline Gavins1800

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:00 AM »
I was casting quinsig all day with nothing how did you do

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:09 AM »
I live on quinsg in one of the best pike areas on the quinsig I troll there and quabbin all the time semi retired always lookin for a second in the boat if anyones interested.

ALWAYS DTF ( DOWN TO FISH)

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I was casting quinsig all day with nothing how did you do
I was carp fishing but not a sniff for 5hrs.
Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.