The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rose Valley Lake  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Braxtonheim62

• IceShanty Rookie
Rose Valley Lake
« on: Nov 21, 2023, 09:23 AM »
Hoping with the "Nino winter" this year to get on the ice earlier this year. With my work I usually only get on the ice 2-3 times a year and I'm fairly novice to it all.. really enjoy getting out when I do though!  I have fished hunters, Lake Jean, and Hills creek. I have a cabin up in Tioga County near morris run and was looking at trying out Rose valley Lake this year. Any input would be great to where to try in that area as well!! Thanks in advance!!! Also I just joined this site and I'm slowly figuring it out. I posted this same post in the main page where everyone from every state can see it. After messing around and finding the pennsylvania page, I figured this would be a better place to post!!!

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
Re: Rose Valley Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2023, 05:46 AM »
off of any of the launches you will see people fishing
i fish it a couple times a year hit me up when you going

Offline PatPending

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2023, 07:39 AM »
I ĥave been there several times but never got to fish there I want to someday soon.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2023, 01:05 PM »
Been there a few times, always seem to have the best luck either at first light, or right before dark, a very tough bite during the day. Recommend finding some of the structure such as the cribs and fishing near this.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline PatPending

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2023, 10:27 AM »
Found a ice fishing show on roku and it had a couple part's on Rose valley show was called hard core fishing

Offline PatPending

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2023, 10:45 AM »
I got the name wrong it's ice fishing hard core

Offline Thetoadhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2023, 06:41 AM »
Expect pickerel, small bass, and the panfishing is hit and miss - but as mentioned before you can always find bluegills at first and last light. There are plenty of fish in the lake to keep you busy, but at times they seem non existent.

Weekends can be extremely crowded and all parking lots filled. Be prepared to socialize  ;)

Offline JK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • retired fish N Pa.to New York
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2023, 07:50 PM »
Lake is covered with skim ice as there has been no wind.  But rain is supposed to be coming to mess that up.   But it is a start!!!!!!.......jk

Offline JK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • retired fish N Pa.to New York
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2023, 04:38 PM »
Remember that skim Ice I mention the other day?    Gone.   lots of fog and drippy pooie weather.  But that means the water is cold enough to freeze quick, I hope.....jk

Offline Fishhog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2023, 12:18 AM »
First off welcome, and secondly know Rosevalley is heavily pressured when there's good ice. But that doesn't mean you can't have great success there. Pickerel is a given about every trip throughout the lake and there's some big ones too. Jumbo perch make an appearance often but don't expect huge numbers. Walleye are a target many attempt but few have consistent luck. I've fished from dusk til dawn on occasion to pull half a limit of keepers. If  it makes good ice this year seems it'll be late season which will make fishing tougher. I generally fish mid lake to the causeway on the north end.  Everytime I think I've it figured out I get humbled. Some have come to call it Deathvalley, but it don't scare me. I know it has some quality which is better than quantity for me. Set lines along with active jigging is my m.o..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.