New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #8400 on: Apr 06, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.. Mother Nature is powerful.. 

Offline spoon-n-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Original" Perch Pirate
« Reply #8401 on: Apr 06, 2014, 01:42 PM »
just found out that the 2 guys both limited in big perch, and there is 1 guy out there now by himself !! they were fishing in 4 fow. I think the spawn is on.   Sully...
Gills in the creek.....

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8402 on: Apr 06, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Wow nice pics . That's crazy

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8403 on: Apr 07, 2014, 04:56 AM »
Gills in the creek.....
I'm gonna give it a whirl later today !  ;)

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8404 on: Apr 07, 2014, 05:33 AM »
Drove the south side of the lake yesterday to Sylvan. Was surprised not to see nobody out on the east end.  The ice is pushed tight to the shore and up and over in some spots as the photos show. Smart nobody out  but still surprised. Canal is high and muddy. South shore launch is clear of ice out a few hundred yards to where guys were fishing last weekend. Oneida shore launch still had ice in it but getting close to where you can get a boat in. Can't go far but it's clearing. Big thick sheet still on the lake. Went home and cleaned to boat charged all the batteries again and started putting down mulch so that's off the list.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8405 on: Apr 07, 2014, 06:31 AM »
they haven't started MFF yet.   Sully...
Diehards thread is up and running on MFF
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #8406 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Gills in the creek.....
cant fish in the creeks can we?

Offline spoon-n-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Original" Perch Pirate
« Reply #8407 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:40 AM »
cant fish in the creeks can we?
I am pretty sure 1/80th oz jig with a maggot is not going to attract econ.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8408 on: Apr 07, 2014, 07:01 PM »
creeks are off limits , until first sat in may except the canal to the bridge , page 42 of your bible

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8409 on: Apr 08, 2014, 11:56 AM »
well guys back from vegas and caught up on all the posts! it was a great year of ice fishing! i enjoyed all your posts, pics  and also the videos! had some really tuff days out there but most of all i enjoyed being able to get out and enjoy the friends i was with! time to get the salmon slayer out(BOAT) and get to the browns and kings! me and kowboy usually go, so got a spot open for anyone wanting to get out with us! but we fish all day and dont go home at noon! LoL :) (franky) pm me if u like! thx again for everything from weather conditions to ice conditions and everything in the middle! see you all next ice fishing season!

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8410 on: Apr 08, 2014, 07:44 PM »
I have kind of a stupid question.....

I was along the south shore today and still quite a bit of ice out there in the middle but not much along the edges.  Just wondering at what point they call it an "ice out".

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8411 on: Apr 09, 2014, 04:19 AM »
I have kind of a stupid question.....

I was along the south shore today and still quite a bit of ice out there in the middle but not much along the edges.  Just wondering at what point they call it an "ice out".
I would assume it is when the lake is completely void of any ice sheets....could be wrong

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8412 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:36 AM »

well yesterday was my last day on the ice , got some flats and some small craps ,a nothern and caught some gaint golden shiners , which would have made some snake eaters happy , had to use my plank to get on the ice , it was a good year on eyes and perch-en wasn't bad , and the flat fishing was loads of fun now it's off to trout fishing ,and getting the boat ready, see ya next winter, here are a few picks of my last couple outtings

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8413 on: Apr 10, 2014, 07:36 AM »
Talk about getting the most out of their ice season!  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #8414 on: Apr 10, 2014, 08:43 AM »
That's why he da Prez!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:
Wayne W.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8415 on: Apr 10, 2014, 08:45 AM »
Talk about getting the most out of their ice season!  ;D

I could get another week in if I put the waders on but with the sunshine , trout fishing is on my mind  ;D and getting the yard work done  >:(, and getting the boat ready , so many different kinds of fish to catch and so little time

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #8416 on: Apr 10, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Nice photos Freddie. it was good fishing with you again this year. glad I was with you when you got that monster Eye early season. good times ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8417 on: Apr 10, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Great ending to a great season Fred!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8418 on: Apr 10, 2014, 01:19 PM »

yes it was nice fishing with many of you on here and some that aren't members , great pics Bruce and HT , choo choo , and snag ,just to name a few ,and a great trip to LG with the PA connection,  and many great reports and many different subjects this season , HT bone up on the pans the old man is coming to flat fish city next winter  ;)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8419 on: Apr 10, 2014, 05:39 PM »
Nice pictures filet. That was a looooong ice season for you.Great job on all the eyes , perch and flats! Sounded like you had a ball with those flatfish late season. The only thing missing was a white perch slaughterfest. I never got to see you  and most of the crew this season, but hopefully next ice season we will cross paths and get to BS out on the ice.I will make it a point to hunt you down out there ;) ;D
See you soon out there  in our boats filet!

Lot's of great scenery, fish, and kids ice fishing pictures this year by so many O L fisherman. The day's we were'nt out on the ice, we could always count on some great stories , pictures, and badgering here on the OL Diehards thread, to perk up the day. I'm looking forward to next year already.Fishing through the ice is a great way to put highest quality fish filets in our freezers, and beat the winter doldrums  here in NY state. Ice fishing is sometimes frustrating, but can be very therapeutic and loads of fun!!

See you all next year,... no wait ,... later This year,.... December I hope!      On to MFF !
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #8420 on: Apr 10, 2014, 05:54 PM »
i hear ya on the yard work thing. just got done fixing my ruts from burying my truck in my lawn 5 times 3 weeks ago ::) my tractor made it easier to get it fixed up for sure. talk to you soon freddie i will be up for a trout fishing trip next month if you got an opening ;) see ya over on MFF ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8421 on: Apr 10, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Nice pictures filet. That was a looooong ice season for you.Great job on all the eyes , perch and flats! Sounded like you had a ball with those flatfish late season. The only thing missing was a white perch slaughterfest. I never got to see you  and most of the crew this season, but hopefully next ice season we will cross paths and get to BS out on the ice.I will make it a point to hunt you down out there ;) ;D
See you soon out there  in our boats filet!

Lot's of great scenery, fish, and kids ice fishing pictures this year by so many O L fisherman. The day's we were'nt out on the ice, we could always count on some great stories , pictures, and badgering here on the OL Diehards thread, to perk up the day. I'm looking forward to next year already.Fishing through the ice is a great way to put highest quality fish filets in our freezers, and beat the winter doldrums  here in NY state. Ice fishing is sometimes frustrating, but can be very therapeutic and loads of fun!!

See you all next year,... no wait ,... later This year,.... December I hope!      On to MFF !
thanks choo give me a holler anytime, HT see ya soon

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8422 on: Apr 11, 2014, 05:59 AM »
That looks like Mile Arm Bay Fillet! ;D Great pics! Out for browns in the boat this afternoon! See you guys on the other side. @)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #8423 on: Apr 11, 2014, 10:32 AM »
That looks like Mile Arm Bay Fillet! ;D Great pics! Out for browns in the boat this afternoon! See you guys on the other side. @)
Nah!  There would not be any of those fish in there!  :P
My last day on the ice was yesterday.  Used a plank to get on and had to get wet to get off!  Water rose over 2' in 4 hours!  I'm done with ice for this season.  April 10th - the latest I've ever been on ice!  ;D
Got a volunteer day this Monday at the Constantia Hatchery - they are expecting to have fish to work with.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8424 on: Apr 11, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Thanks to all of you who posted here .. Enjoyed following your escapades ...  Time to move IS from favorite bar and replace with MFF..   Have a great summer...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8425 on: Apr 11, 2014, 11:22 PM »

not mile arm bay, it's a lake I havn't fished in about 20 yrs

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8426 on: Apr 14, 2014, 07:17 AM »
FYI..... My daughter Rebecca plays on a travel softball team and they are having a Golf fundraiser on May 18 at Traditions at the Glens Resort starting at 1 PM. This organization is a non profit group and is an avenue for High School girls to showcase their talents for College Coaches across the US. Send me a PM if you are interested or would like more info.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8427 on: Apr 16, 2014, 06:58 PM »
GOT ANOTHER ONE FREDDIE!!! :woot: Gonna be a long 8 months bud!! ;D

not so long as I can trout fish and sneak a few days in eye jigging and torture you with a few pics while your working, will help the time pass  ;D I know how much you enjoy that  ;)

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #8428 on: Apr 18, 2014, 05:57 AM »
Wayne W.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #8429 on: Apr 23, 2014, 07:18 PM »
See what KP has to deal with Wayne?? ;D