New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #7380 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:26 AM »
Snagg--

I thought I was the last man standing with out a cell, glad to hear there are others who belive life is better unplugged.

jeez guys I was going to call ya and tell ya of a hot bite , oops sorry your unplugged ,you were broke down, if you would have called I would have helped out ,oops sorry your unplugged  ;) I know they can be annoying but that's why there is an off switch , and not counting on the chance of a family emergency, I carry the basic phone I don't need all the bells and whistles JMO

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7381 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:42 AM »
jeez guys I was going to call ya and tell ya of a hot bite , oops sorry your unplugged ,you were broke down, if you would have called I would have helped out ,oops sorry your unplugged  ;) I know they can be annoying but that's why there is an off switch , and not counting on the chance of a family emergency, I carry the basic phone I don't need all the bells and whistles JMO
i like the ignore button on my phone the best!!  ;D
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7382 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:50 AM »

Same here! I have a dumb phone for emergencies, cost about $120 a year. My son needs me, he can get a hold of me. And just recently used it for a hot bite call, had a great day! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7383 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:01 AM »

Same with me F&R. Just a phone. All the other stuff just annoys me so shut it off.  No text, photos, internet. Have it turned off a lot of the time..

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #7384 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:06 AM »
boy I'm gonna have to get one of these wonderful communication devices I would not want to miss out on a hot bite call from Mr fillet but if that prick release calls me in the middle of the night and starts making crazy noises into the phone well iI may just have to have a couple midgets hold him down and tickle him till his attitude changes  :woot: :woot: :roflmao:
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7385 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:09 AM »
boy I'm gonna have to get one of these wonderful communication devices I would not want to miss out on a hot bite call from Mr fillet but if that prick release calls me in the middle of the night and starts making crazy noises into the phone well iI may just have to have a couple midgets hold him down and tickle him till his attitude changes  :woot: :woot: :roflmao:

man your my hero , I needed a good laugh this morn thanks  :thumbsup:

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7386 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:12 AM »
man your my hero , I needed a good laugh this morn thanks  :thumbsup:

Filet, it is 8 am, how come you are not on the ice ???

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7387 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:44 AM »
Filet, it is 8 am, how come you are not on the ice ???

tossed my back out grrr, hopefully I can get out for the last day of eyes ,  ;)

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7388 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:45 AM »

Out with snag now Fred where's the hot bite :woot:

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #7389 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:57 AM »
blew my back out a month ago have not fished since I can't drill a hole and I'm a walker so dragging the shack with a bad back is not happening open water soon enough  ;)
Now are these modern cellular communication devices  any thing like a flux capacitor???
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7390 on: Mar 14, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Fred snag says mud monsters

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7391 on: Mar 14, 2014, 08:29 AM »
I don't disput the practicality of a cell phone, I just choose not to have one. we all got by with out them at one time.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7392 on: Mar 14, 2014, 08:47 AM »
that sucks , stick to him he never gives up till dark , and if he started where think you are that was my first pick also I'm grounded for today 

I don't disput the practicality of a cell phone, I just choose not to have one. we all got by with out them at one time.

your right there , back then we sent up smoke signals or we relayed messages with pegions  ;D

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7393 on: Mar 14, 2014, 09:28 AM »

Surprising, the barometer looks great today.

Thanks for making me feel better about having to work today.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #7394 on: Mar 14, 2014, 09:58 AM »
not mud monsters for me this morning......made a quick run out to the middle this morning before we head to Myrtle beach this afternoon......traveli ng wasn't bad at all.....quite a few drifts but not  too bad with the sled......snow blew down pretty good......you could see what looked like slush fields but was actually frozen.....saw a couple wheelers that came from the north shore and they didn't appear to be having any trouble from what I could see.....a little slush under the areas of snow......walking would be a b**ch......went out of the state launch on south shore and from shore to the island was a little slushy in spots but doable....once you cleared the island it was clear sailing.......THIS WAS WITH A SLED......use your own judgement with wheelers from there......the fishing was great to say the least.....got 18 jumbos in less than 2 hrs.....all on plastics and spikes worked real slow.....it is a pain in the arse trying to get those small jigs down 28' but thats what they want.....off to myrtle for some r&r......might get a little sloppy by tomorrow if the temps get to what they are saying....good luck boys this weekend and next week

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #7395 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:00 AM »
  Go to the slush keeping your sound to a hush
  Now drill your hole, quiet as a mole
  You'll find the fish in a wink
  Lets just hope the first isn't a dink

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7396 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:09 AM »

Oh oh. I know all about that, Sorry to hear it..   I have learned if I wear suspenders I have fewer back problems. A belt tight enough to hold my pants up is just enough pressure in the wrong spot so when I move just right  POP. I`m in pain again.. Hope you heal up fast....

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7397 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:21 AM »

PinG=====Ping  goes  the phone<mine> 3am
   so now I kmow who is doing this 
or is it the tower  pinging your phone to see if  your  connected ???
 oh well  Got to love new crap !!
 :o :o :o
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7398 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:23 AM »
  Go to the slush keeping your sound to a hush
  Now drill your hole, quiet as a mole
  You'll find the fish in a wink
  Lets just hope the first isn't a dink

How True  sweet  sounding
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7399 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:35 AM »
if anybodys home right now channel 408 the outdoor channel they are fishing black lake ny

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7400 on: Mar 14, 2014, 11:14 AM »
man,what a nice day....hated to leave this morning on a hot bite......also, of the 18 perch I caught this morning 15 were big males.....this has been the norm in this area I have been fishing....just think it is kind of weird....I agree with Snagger, I keep my lure 3' off bottom minimum.....have the second poles lures 5-6' off bottom and have a ton of fish come up on them also....perch are chock full of those mayfly larvea

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7401 on: Mar 14, 2014, 01:05 PM »

scout57 have a nice trip

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #7402 on: Mar 14, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Sorry to hear your out of commission Freddy, hopefully you'll be at it tomorrow.

Having no issues whatsoever with the quads, little slushy here and there but dry for the most part. Biggest hurdle is getting across the east west crack on the north shore. But after that easy goin. Can't speak for if your dragging a heavy shack, I'm not.  Sloppy around shore and getting sloppier. Should be a good soupy mess by tomorrow.  Got out late, dropped an eye under the hole and Pickin at the mud monsters , enough biters to keep your attention. Hoping for some ravenous gravel lizards later in the day, we will see.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7403 on: Mar 14, 2014, 02:02 PM »

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7404 on: Mar 14, 2014, 05:22 PM »
I ran into the infamous Drowing Dots this evening at the liquor store of all places.  :woot:

Nice to finally meet you Eddie!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7405 on: Mar 14, 2014, 05:26 PM »
I ran into the infamous Drowing Dots this evening at the liquor store of all places.  :woot:

He must be confused with this weather.  Thinking its time for bullhead outings.
Step away from the bottle Eddie  ;D

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a warm clam...
« Reply #7406 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:09 PM »
How's Godfrey looking for sleds? I hear the crack in front of the launch opened up a bit. The crossing I was using was close to the left side looking out toward the lake. I suspect that might be compromised.
If you pack it in, pack it out.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7407 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:10 PM »

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a warm clam...
« Reply #7408 on: Mar 14, 2014, 06:55 PM »
A few photos from last ice 2013. Saturday is the Lady's turn.

If you pack it in, pack it out.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #7409 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:02 PM »
He must be confused with this weather.  Thinking its time for bullhead outings.
Step away from the bottle Eddie  ;D
No  ;D Nice to meet you too Bruce, I'm going to get another one if this game keeps going like this......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.