New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #7290 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:43 AM »
  I warned you guys it was the dead sea over there last week.
you didn't warn me  :P

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7291 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Shane, I was at my buddy's house around 8:30 last night and the emergency broadcast system came over the tv with a blizzard warning
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #7292 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Great Crappola Tank! Congrats!

Weather conditions are deteriorating here in the Buff, they are saying that if you ventured out this morning you may not be making it back home this afternoon... :P

Well I HAD to open the shop! How long I stay open will be the question, especially since they already let me know I will NOT be making it back home today!  I might as well just camp out at work then right?  ::)

I better get some beer....... ;D
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #7293 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:12 AM »
tried to get out this morning. there's about 4 to 6" of slush on top. there wasn't that much snow left ???. the top of the ice is deteriorating fast, and if we get the snow thier forcasting we might be done for a while. I turned around, and parked the sled. didn't want to bury it, and the shanty cover was full within 20' of traveling. it's already changed to wet snow here. it's about 3 hours early. the gas holes are going to be showing there selfs very soon. be safe out there.   Sully...

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7294 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:31 AM »

Beer is the answer!
Its getting REAL nasty here in Rochester too.
 Lets just pray that the high winds will help blow all this snow off of Oneida before this weekend's last assault on the walleye.

As much as it hurts to say it bud, I think it's gonna be a no go this weekend.  I don't think there's ANY possibility we can dodge this bullet, and this foot plus on top of the sloppy mess that's underneath it , on top of the MESS going on around all the shoves and cracks......Yep, it's all bad.  I'm usually the king of optimism when it comes to everything fishing, but in this case, a mans gotta know his limits.   Been there, seen it and done it WAY to many times.

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #7295 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:11 AM »
North Shore access changing daily as of yesterday, also crossing areas of the north to south Crack changing also, couldn't cross back to the east mid lake from where we crossed to the west just 8 hours earlier. Don't assume its safe just because you were there in the am or yesterday. Of course with weather on its way conditions will also make it tougher. Fishing slowed drastically for us on 3-11 from 3-10, went from easy limit numbers fishing solo to busting our but for 60 fish yesterday (2 guys), but what a day to be out there, dang was it nice. Moved easily about 10 times yesterday, averaged a couple fish per move with the first morning hurra' giving up a dozen jumbos and a sole eye. Mousey's and Caty's the trick for me all day, buddy had minnow heads working, just marked many less fish, shrimp swimming in our holes on and off both days.

Such a nice day

Yesterdays rewards for much effort and gas burnt

One rather thin incidental, fished should of weighed 4-5 lbs.

A day to remember, even left fish to find bigger fish (:

I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7296 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:11 AM »
 Was going to head up today, looking at all the info I think I'll stick around here. Going to be a mess, not worth driving up, shoveling out the house and dealing with all the slop.  >:(
Jim K.

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7297 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Great pics Tom! Nice job!

I had similar results last Thursday though Sunday.....Put 135 miles on my quad!! :o Ran as far west as Constantia  an as far east as 117, and all points in between.  My GPS trails are like a maze!  :wacko:

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #7298 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Good thinking Jim. There will be better days. Hope to see you soon on the river.
kc

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7299 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:20 AM »
It's starting to come down heavy and wet in moville

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7300 on: Mar 12, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Heavy wet snow falling along the north shore. Multiple cars off the roads. This is only the start to this storm. Not looking good for last days of eye season
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7301 on: Mar 12, 2014, 11:50 AM »
  I warned you guys it was the dead sea over there last week.
[/quote                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Was in Florida  last  week  guess i missed  that  post, but  i  second it.Little  under  the  weather  today  so  it  wasn't hard  to bag it this morning.

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7302 on: Mar 12, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Awesome  job  A-TOM  and  Dark Clould, that's a  mounstaa  crappie.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7303 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:26 PM »
It's raining here now. Things are going to be sloppy.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7304 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Hard freeze line is almost to Syracuse.  Its 30 here now. Snowing badly. 5-6 very dense inches on the ground roads horrible. 
Breeze has picked up not quite "windy" yet

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7305 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Back to heavy snow. Drive safe fellas. This makes for dangerous roads.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #7306 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:47 PM »
Heavy wet snow falling along the north shore. Multiple cars off the roads. This is only the start to this storm. Not looking good for last days of eye season

Are you kidding? Cars off the road? Why we did not expect this, nor have we been driving in this for the past 6 months!!!! Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7307 on: Mar 12, 2014, 01:55 PM »
Are you kidding? Cars off the road? Why we did not expect this, nor have we been driving in this for the past 6 months!!!! Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!
This wet crap anything but 4wheel drive people are having trouble just starting from a stop.  AWD but not 4x4,are struggling on hills.  Some intersections have snowbanks from plows that went 1 way but no one has plowed the other.  Its a mess!
I have good tires &,am driving a 4x4 one hill before this last stop truck chattered a bit while spinning all 4 chucking the slush out of the way.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7308 on: Mar 12, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Just ran into store to pickup dinner.  Temp dropped a few degrees in 15 mins while I was inside.  Wind too.  Waiting for truck to warm and ice the melt off glass. Was slush when I went in.

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7309 on: Mar 12, 2014, 02:39 PM »
Had a city plow spinning it's tires in front of my house after he had to come to a stop to let a car go by. This stuff is HEAVY. Bottom inch or so is compacted slush that makes everything spin and slide real easy.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7310 on: Mar 12, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Nice fish Tom.

Here in Cicero we have about 6-8" real heavy stuff.  This stuff isn't going to blow off.  Looks like plan B in the boat this weekend.

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #7311 on: Mar 12, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Nice fish Tom.

Here in Cicero we have about 6-8" real heavy stuff.  This stuff isn't going to blow off.  Looks like plan B in the boat this weekend.
you been using oakies out there?? I can't find any and now the boat is plowed in my weekend just took a turn for the worse  :-\
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7312 on: Mar 12, 2014, 03:35 PM »

Oneidas looking good.

Heres a shot of my town. all snow here, never got rain.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7313 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:02 PM »
widespread 2 ft statewide, 42 inches in Syracuse.

Yes sir
  If  my mind serves  me rite   I was driveing   to upstate  new york  in that blizzard  from  mid west
from 60 miles  north west  of chicago
 Il. driveing west on I90  I94  cars & semis  were like dropping  from the sky  meaning
they were in blizzard  con.. there were no trails  to how they got there   you saw them  & people inside
 finely  I got to penn..errie  with no sleep  I just had to pull over & take  a room  in a motel

I couldnt fall asleep they  were plowing the parking lot  above my room
 finely I got out & dressed & asked him  If hev wanted me to move my car so0 he could plow all the way up to the window   he then plowed   drift  over the top of my window   I said  if  the trucker 
Swift has got to be on the road  so do I   so he and I drove  slow  slow & slower  interstate  I90 top speed of 25 miles An hour  from then on 

then I went  back in my room  past out  then sleped  then  went  to utica  then home  *& then  I snow shoved big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should have postd all those jackedknived  big rigs  & cars on exit ramps
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7314 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:04 PM »
you been using oakies out there?? I can't find any and now the boat is plowed in my weekend just took a turn for the worse  :-\
Nope, all plastics.  Mostly 1 1/2 crappie sliders, but I also use swirl tail minnows, micro tubes Fin-s minnows. 

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #7315 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:25 PM »
Looks like it might be a brown/ rainbow kinda weekend

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7316 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:43 PM »
This wet crap anything but 4wheel drive people are having trouble just starting from a stop.  AWD but not 4x4,are struggling on hills.  Some intersections have snowbanks from plows that went 1 way but no one has plowed the other.  Its a mess!
I have good tires &,am driving a 4x4 one hill before this last stop truck chattered a bit while spinning all 4 chucking the slush out of the way.

Yeah people are funny, they buy a good car and put a set of 300 dollar all weathers on to drive up here, it's just kooky. I have 2 sets of rims for my volvo which is a rear wheel drive, 1 set summer, 1 set winter. The winter tires are studded hakkapelita tires from Sweden with the eco-studs on them, we really don't have much trouble traveling around at all. The snow tires did cost a pretty penny, it think around $750=800 dollars, but it is the most important safety device on a car here in the wintertime.

cny

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7317 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:45 PM »
snagger told everyone the day that tournament went on, that he tried north shore from godfreys to jewel and nothing was happening there!

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7318 on: Mar 12, 2014, 04:51 PM »
I've gotten in a few verbal disagreements with people about tires. Almost all from people from out of state/south. I kept telling them...all seasons are for all the seasons except winter. You need dedicated snow tires up here. They insisted they didn't need them.  Guess who gets calls asking for help when the roads get snowy  ::) love my Saab in the snow. A rwd Volvo could be fun though.
There are also a lot of jacked up truck and jeep drivers around here who think they're invincible. I enjoy passing them.  ;D

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #7319 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I've gotten in a few verbal disagreements with people about tires.

Agreed

Winter Forcers, try every tire every dealer or friend talks you into but when your done buy yourself a set of these

I only own a small SUV with AWD on demand and I tow a trailer all winter and a 19' Lund all fall that is a bit too big for my grocery getter and I have also purchased almost every tire out there through my 27 years of being someone who goes fishing "when they want"

Not the best for your gas mileage throughout the summer months but hold up VERY WELL none the less

As far as being a jacked up truck owner running 38" rubber I've been there also (: Id rather own my grocery getter with Winter Forcers

Tom

I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.