New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #7050 on: Mar 08, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Surprised me a walleye had not inhaled that sandpike long before the perch got near it..

Yeah. Ballsy little guy. Not only did he steal that logperch/sandpike from a hungry walleye but he thought he was gonna add my #5 jigging rap to his dinner.

Offline Pman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7051 on: Mar 08, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Great job on the fish everyone. Glad to see quite a few people have an outstanding day on the ice and non-ice. Kingfisher I guess Seneca  ;) was the right call over Chaumont.

Hit the South Shore again today and learned a valuable lesson. I think some pages ago Snagger emphasized the wisdom of cutting two holes even though it's extra work. Well today I learned the hard-way after the first two eyes of the day got tangle in the ducer cable and swam away. When I hooked eye #3 I got it about halfway up and then attempted to lift the ducer out of the hole. Needless to say, that fish was gone. All three were good fish and after that I decided to cut another hole. Too late as all I could manage was some pins and one 16". Gave up on the eyes and fished perch for awhile. Did ok but real light biters. Amazing how Snag can get them to go on a jiggin rap without bait and what Tom did. Guess they react differently in different parts of the lake depending upon forage and other things. Anyways, beautiful day out there.

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a warm clam...
« Reply #7052 on: Mar 08, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Did you happen to have 3 guys move pretty close right behind you with a sled and wheelers + a gas auger this morning?
Yes sir...sounded like you were hitting a few too. Shhhhh.
If you pack it in, pack it out.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7053 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I was actually the fella on the bucket a little ways away. I was hoping they knew you as they looked pretty close to ya. They drove between my tipups then sat on top of you. Made me laugh a little.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7054 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Pressure just started rising an hour ago..... A little earlier than expected....  Morning bite should be good.
Get out and have fun

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7055 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Nice perches kingfisher22 ..... ;D
Perches?????????
Did he post pics of multiple cool looking spots for birds?
I must have missed that one. :P
Maybe the dancing bears can show me the way to the perches ;D

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #7056 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:52 PM »
Right click copy img url from photobucket........cli ck on img icon and paste that in between the image icon  [img] like this [img]

Coach I have never put any pics in between any image icon. I just paste it and it works for me.

Offline LOA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7057 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Great job on the fish everyone. Glad to see quite a few people have an outstanding day on the ice and non-ice. Kingfisher I guess Seneca  ;) was the right call over Chaumont.

Hit the South Shore again today and learned a valuable lesson. I think some pages ago Snagger emphasized the wisdom of cutting two holes even though it's extra work. Well today I learned the hard-way after the first two eyes of the day got tangle in the ducer cable and swam away. When I hooked eye #3 I got it about halfway up and then attempted to lift the ducer out of the hole. Needless to say, that fish was gone. All three were good fish and after that I decided to cut another hole. Too late as all I could manage was some pins and one 16". Gave up on the eyes and fished perch for awhile. Did ok but real light biters. Amazing how Snag can get them to go on a jiggin rap without bait and what Tom did. Guess they react differently in different parts of the lake depending upon forage and other things. Anyways, beautiful day out there.

Slather the raps with scent... I use a few different ones,pro cure gels, a shrimp wand from someone. I haven't used a minnow in two seasons.... Not that i have anywhere near the success of someone of the people here, but i have no wheeler or sled and I'm too fat to walk real far.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7058 on: Mar 08, 2014, 08:31 PM »

Great job everyone, sounds like it was a good day...

Continued my exploring looking at my new map chip today. Found a couple really hot waldo holes, but left them after a quick flurry if perch didn't show up, found a really good bass hole, that was fun then later finally found a hole with some big jumbos in it that wanted to eat, not just sit there like most holes, fun day all 6 of us got our eyes, everyone did 15-20 perch each...  brought my camera, hadn't done that in a while, cool watching a waldo and bass inhale my rap, light biting perch were no match with a camera, but its a hassle, so just used it in one hole... another fun day.  had to tip the rap for big perch, dinks, bass and eyes ate it bare.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7059 on: Mar 08, 2014, 08:47 PM »
I can't decide where to try tomorrow for some 'eyes.  Went to Lewis Pt Wednesday night and got blanked after only marking 4 fish in 3 hours.  Anyone having any luck out there lately or should I try the North shore instead?  I hate not having a solid game plan before I head out.  Just want to give it a decent effort one last time before the season closes.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7060 on: Mar 08, 2014, 08:52 PM »

I'm not much help, my buddies drove me out, past walking distance.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #7061 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Very nice fish, ItsInTheHole. Glad you had a great day with your "Man."  :)
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7062 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I had a great day like that on Taft bay at first ice this season and haven't nailed em again since.  Nice job, your son must be hooked now if he wasn't already

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7063 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Spent a great morning with "My Man" (8 yr old son) off the north shore today. He caught his first eye at 6:25 AM,..18". We limited by 8:30. He wanted to stay and catch some perch, but we couldn't keep the eyes off the lines...definitely had worse problems. Caught a really nice 25" female. Struggled to fit my hand around her and work her through an 8" hole. Took some photos and sent her packing. Sent a few more nice sized keepers back and left the ice at 10:30 AM. I'm struggling to add the photos here...I have them uploaded to Photo Bucket, but the insert image button isn't working...any suggestions?

Nice Job my friend.  Super Oneida Eye there.  Glad you and C.J. had a great day. 

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7064 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Just pulled in from Chaumont.  Went with Pooch, his son and two of his son's buds.  Long day, up at 3:30am.  Photo's and story in the a.m. Having a beer and going to bed now.

Short version,  new personal best today.   ;D

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7065 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:41 PM »
You can't do that! ^^ cmonnn  ;D

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7066 on: Mar 08, 2014, 09:49 PM »
O.K.,

Broke the 10lb mark.  Pooch has the pic's.   ;D

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7067 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Just pulled in from Chaumont.  Went with Pooch, his son and two of his son's buds.  Long day, up at 3:30am.  Photo's and story in the a.m. Having a beer and going to bed now.

Short version,  new personal best today.   ;D
Another hint...it's going on the wall.

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7068 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:42 PM »
I was actually the fella on the bucket a little ways away. I was hoping they knew you as they looked pretty close to ya. They drove between my tipups then sat on top of you. Made me laugh a little.
It didn't take long once we started catching fish. Actually nice to hear it wasn't you. Now I can be honest. Opportunists...lurkers ...thieves...lazy late-comers...get out of bed and earn your way. How's that?

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7069 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:03 PM »

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7070 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Well I'll be heading out tomorrow for my last walleye trip of the ice season. Hopefully I'll get a fish or two. Good job for those who did some fish today and good luck for those going out tomorrow. I'll have a wheeler next ice fishing season. Might get a wheeler with my tax return in a few weeks...
It'll eat.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #7071 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:16 PM »
It didn't take long once we started catching fish. Actually nice to hear it wasn't you. Now I can be honest. Opportunists...lurkers ...thieves...lazy late-comers...get out of bed and earn your way. How's that?

Better  ;D

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #7072 on: Mar 09, 2014, 12:17 AM »
fished  couple hours this morning. got 22 gills, no crappies. back at it tomorrow.   Sully...

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7073 on: Mar 09, 2014, 04:29 AM »
O.K.,

Broke the 10lb mark.  Pooch has the pic's.   ;D

Awesome and Congrats! I'm looking forward to the pics and whole story! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7074 on: Mar 09, 2014, 05:55 AM »
Who 
Was that  guy  who got  out first  in the parking lot !!!!!
& got no bites !!!! every thing  went wrong
 & it did     but made   it safely  home 

To fight another day  on the ice \\!!

Ever have one OF those  Days
<Sleep Deprived>

thinking ice fishin >:( >:( >:(
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7075 on: Mar 09, 2014, 06:11 AM »
Fyi. Some jackwagon stole a car and got it stuck on the 3 mile bay access rd.....a couple troopers also got stuck. They arent letting anyone down there as they are trying to get them out ::)
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #7076 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:24 AM »

I'm not much help, my buddies drove me out, past walking distance.
no such thing if I know there are fish I will get me fat arse out there  ;D

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #7077 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Okay, marathon run up to Chaumont yesterday.....Awake and out by 3:30am and home at 10:30pm. Ice was 24 plus inches and trucks everywhere, place was a zoo. Dink Perch all day long kept us awake and busy, no jumbos or anything I would even want to keep. Racer was the only one to catch an eye, and it was a dandy. Biggest yet and obviously his personal best. Congrats Racer......measured in at 29 3/4 just a hair under 30 and weighed 13LBS. Got checked by DEC twice, once as he basically ran his sled into my shanty and jumped off only to catch Racer and I sleeping (lol) and the other at the ramp on the way in. Nice work to those guys. Heres the pics:

Offline Zpotter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7078 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:39 AM »
Wall mounter! 

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #7079 on: Mar 09, 2014, 07:40 AM »
Nice job on the pile of Perch, Kingfisher.

Nice job to all on your weekend catches, thus far!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.