New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827232 times)

Offline Christo571

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #5520 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:17 PM »
HT you nailed it. You even said you weren't a people person.
But it is worth the "escape" . 2 feet of snow or not. Nice blanks and eyes.
Nice to see that people are still trying. Had the kids today. To much for them.
Even pulling them they look like snowmen but he time you
Get there. It'll settle in another day. ..... Hopefully

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5521 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:40 PM »
Nice crappies. Never been to big bay, how's the walk? Thinking about going tomorrow there with the snow I want a shorter walk. Is there a depth or location people look for at bb? Thanks for any info guys

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5522 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:43 PM »
being a people person is over rated just ask release  :woot: or KP  :blink:but I like a nice wine with sharp cheese  ;)
Asiago with some sopressata!!! ;)
Wayne W.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5523 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:47 PM »
filetandrelease, thanks for the tip. I'm a little gun shy being new with sleds, all the snow, the slush and recently getting a pacemaker/defibrillator device implanted. I don't want to get me into a bad situation. An Argo got stuck ???

bcons, thanks for sharing your hard earned lesson, not the situation I want to get into.

Looking into a cordless winch and other options...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5524 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:53 PM »
I'm with you HT, been fishing alot the last six weeks, dragging stuff through this mess even with a machine is not what i'm into. I spent the last three days putting down laminate flooring for the better half (kinda a thank you for no bs cause i was fishing lol), got a ton of other house maintenance things to do till the ice cooperates with a rebuilt hip. Then it's game on till open water  ;D ;D

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5525 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:59 PM »

Got a new neighbor from the north lands today, good luck out there this week bud. I don't think you will get stuck for sure.

cny

Offline 600RevX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #5526 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:04 PM »

Got a new neighbor from the north lands today, good luck out there this week bud. I don't think you will get stuck for sure.

cny
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!  :o
Why work when you can fish?<br />

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5527 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:06 PM »
those machines with tracks are monsters  very nice!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #5528 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Someone had their Wheaties peed in this morning :P
Maybe ya shoulda gone fishing.
Ain't ashamed to admit Oneida kicked my arse today walked 1.34 miles, but got a bit more than an eye and couple perch.
And no never thought you were a people person.  Neither am I, hence why I fish solo 99% of the time.
My response to the SU comment would get me put back on probation, and make raquettedak & adkroy work harder  :P
no body pissed in my Wheaties ??? i dont even eat breakfast much and when i do it wont be that crap. sounds like bacon grease is still sore from his sandy pond failure ::) :whistle: well there's always next year ::) oh ya also i have never and will never be ashamed to admit that i did not catch fish on any body of water. it just happens that i dont have to say that most of the time. have a great weekend bacon grease................ ...................... ................. :P still dont give a crap about the SU games. just like the weather -give it a couple games and they will choke................ :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :afro: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5529 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:24 PM »
CNY - Nice PIC. I dread the day I stick that sucker.  :woot: :woot:

Nice meeting you Tim.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5530 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:28 PM »
CNY - Nice PIC. I dread the day I stick that sucker.  :woot: :woot:

Nice meeting you Tim.
Phil, he's ok for a hippie!  :woot: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
Wayne W.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5531 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Well at least there are other deadheads around here, gadam hippies. Most of them got their hair cut in 95 when the old man died, i'm afraid to cut mine, I might be bald headed underneath. :)

By the way, that quad hooked up to that fish trap looks like a tow truck hooked up to a matchbox car.

cny

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5532 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:34 PM »

cny

That looks like an option, like to hear how well they do out there.$$$$$$$
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5533 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:39 PM »
 I think those track run upwards of 6 k but they look like they work great from the vids on u tube. Ht's next purchase!

Offline FishStoriesJR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U.S. Navy Active Duty Photojournalist
« Reply #5534 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Walked out a half mile out to the channel off of Oneida Shores yesterday with no problem only 8" of ice out there so drilling holes was a breeze. Coming back was another matter. Took less than 20 min to drag the shack out, but with the slush freezing to the bottom when temps dropped after an hour of walking back in I was barely half way and so exhausted it was hard to stand. I sat down, caught my breath and drilled a test hole.

I was far enough in from the channel to be on a solid 12+" of ice. I left the shack, walked into the ramp and got my old Jeep Grand Cherokee. Rolled right through all that crap in 4-High, shoved the shack in the back. Took a couple runs coming up the ramp to bust through the berm of packed snow, but otherwise it was a lifesaver.
Good Luck & Good Fishing!

Jon

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5535 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:46 PM »
Barr, they just "do". They do NOT stay on top of water.

3500 - 4000 $ option.

That looks like an option, like to hear how well they do out there.$$$$$$$

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5536 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Barr, they just "do". They do NOT stay on top of water.

3500 - 4000 $ option.

The tracks are a $3500-$4000 option?
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5537 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:58 PM »

That's right, Bart. Cheaper than a new sled.  ;)

The tracks are a $3500-$4000 option?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5538 on: Feb 16, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Walked out a half mile out to the channel off of Oneida Shores yesterday with no problem only 8" of ice out there so drilling holes was a breeze. Coming back was another matter. Took less than 20 min to drag the shack out, but with the slush freezing to the bottom when temps dropped after an hour of walking back in I was barely half way and so exhausted it was hard to stand. I sat down, caught my breath and drilled a test hole.

I was far enough in from the channel to be on a solid 12+" of ice. I left the shack, walked into the ramp and got my old Jeep Grand Cherokee. Rolled right through all that crap in 4-High, shoved the shack in the back. Took a couple runs coming up the ramp to bust through the berm of packed snow, but otherwise it was a lifesaver.
so you drove your jeep out there ??? love it. lmfao...... ;D

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5539 on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:20 PM »
That's right, Bart. Cheaper than a new sled.  ;)

But I'd have to buy a ATV and a trailer to haul it to the ice! 

I'll probably will be considering other options...   ;D

Keep America Godly...

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5540 on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Attaboy Jon!!!!  :tipup:
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline wallperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5541 on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:25 PM »
No fishing today, but I did put some miles on the snowmobile, well over 24" snow on the ice in my neighborhood (Edgewater) there was a few guys out. My 2-up fish killing machine was working to keep the skis floating, drifts are all of 36"-48".  Hopefully this weeks warm up helps matters.

Offline FishStoriesJR

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U.S. Navy Active Duty Photojournalist
« Reply #5542 on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:36 PM »
so you drove your jeep out there ??? love it. lmfao...... ;D

Yup! Tracks were about knee deep and she was covered in frozen slush, but it saved my bacon.
Good Luck & Good Fishing!

Jon

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5543 on: Feb 16, 2014, 06:40 PM »
at least you made it on and off ;)

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #5544 on: Feb 16, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Yup! Tracks were about knee deep and she was covered in frozen slush, but it saved my bacon.
    here we go If he can do it .....i can do it  ;D

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5545 on: Feb 16, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Got a few guys staying at a place called Cinderella's this Saturday night. Plan on fishing all day Sat. and Sun. and hopefully some of that snow disappears or melts really QUICK.LOL Anyway, Was wondering if anyone can suggest a good spot to get on ice and nearest bait shop. Does the bait shop sharpen auger blades? Hopefully our wheeler will be of some use by then. Don't want your hot spot but has it been better action in a certain depth or place for the eyes/perch. Please send me a personnel message if you can be of some help. Coming a bit of a distance and had part of my colon removed end of Nov. so it'll be my first time out and just want to have a chance at catching a couple eyes and some perch. if you can help me out ,great. if your gonna feed me a bunch of BS , don't bother. heard enough of that from the Doctor's lately.Thanks

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5546 on: Feb 16, 2014, 08:28 PM »
its just all fished out utes!!might as well fish the sm harbor !!!Just kidding!go straight out from were your at 30 ft!gl and we might see u out there not getting a report from up north yet!!!

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5547 on: Feb 16, 2014, 08:32 PM »
Got a few guys staying at a place called Cinderella's this Saturday night. Plan on fishing all day Sat. and Sun. and hopefully some of that snow disappears or melts really QUICK.LOL Anyway, Was wondering if anyone can suggest a good spot to get on ice and nearest bait shop. Does the bait shop sharpen auger blades? Hopefully our wheeler will be of some use by then. Don't want your hot spot but has it been better action in a certain depth or place for the eyes/perch. Please send me a personnel message if you can be of some help. Coming a bit of a distance and had part of my colon removed end of Nov. so it'll be my first time out and just want to have a chance at catching a couple eyes and some perch. if you can help me out ,great. if your gonna feed me a bunch of BS , don't bother. heard enough of that from the Doctor's lately.Thanks

Can't help you out on a good spot but wish you well on your health!!!!
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline rapala47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5548 on: Feb 16, 2014, 08:58 PM »
I couldn't see spending a lot of money on a set of tracks for a quad, very limited use for me but I do have these tires on mine during the winter and went out of Taft on Friday with it and was able to get out o.k. Had another wheeler with chains follow me out and back ( only way he was going to make it ).
I have the ability to walk on water....therefore I am!!!

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5549 on: Feb 16, 2014, 11:15 PM »
Herbs is having it's 20% off sale on ice fishing stuff. I'm tempted to buy a shanty. They also have boots and snowshoes on sale.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.