New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

FISHFORPIKE

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #4980 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Havent been to oneida before and making the trip soon was wondering how the fishing is at night
The boogeymen come out at night, and so do the 100MPH sleds.  :woot:

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4981 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:22 PM »
I've had three lures drop down the hole when my line or somebody's I'm fishing with touched the heater. Got all 3 back. If you had a few feet of line out it just piles up on the bottom under the hole. I drop a big jigging rap down and pound the bottom for a bit. Start reeling up slowly and you see the "lost" jig trailing it up on the graph/flasher. When the rap gets through the hole grab the line tangled up on the hooks and handline the lost jig the rest of the way.

Worked every time so far.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4982 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Havent been to oneida before and making the trip soon was wondering how the fishing is at night

no need to fish at night unless it is a your perference , they hit during the day here and throw out some flares for the speed freaks

and glad your well JL
the ol buzzard is getting ready to get back on home water this week , and from what i was told lakers can't be blown up , opps not quite true , when I tossed her back she was a cork ,I had to release a little air so she could swim  ;)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4983 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »
To everyone that owns a set of the Artic Armor,  I keep telling myself that I'm going to test them in the summer but never have, has anyone ever done a test trial to see how well they really float? If so how well do they really work.

There are videos on YouTube.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4984 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »
If he has floating bibs but not a floating coat, won't he float upside down?

no , check out the striker U tube , there is a demo on tops and bottoms

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4985 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »

I've had no problems with mine. I always vent the shanty and I believe it has a low O2 sensor. Never had a problem cooking, I actually warming up food with mine. But heed other's experiences with their Mr. Heater, it can save you a lot of headaches.

I like Hot Coffee... ;D                                       

Nice  Bart, where  did  you  get the  rack  on top  of your  heater.  I  never   go  without  my  coffee  either.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4986 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:32 PM »
It was just a few pages back...

ljc2tall got it. I ordered a front grill a few years ago, $11 delivered to the door and made a couple of modifications. It pops right on and off. I use the larger tins for frank and beans, no foil.

kingfisher22, you must have stumbled on my fishing grounds! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Pman, nice walleye!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4987 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:36 PM »
wert tell jackperch about the hill on and off  :o don't go there if you have a weak heart , no joke
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    If   it  doesn't  kill  him  it  will make  him stronger.

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4988 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:39 PM »
Thanks  Bart  im   just  getting  caught  up  on  my  reading,  then  im  going to order one.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #4989 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:40 PM »
To everyone that owns a set of the Artic Armor,  I keep telling myself that I'm going to test them in the summer but never have, has anyone ever done a test trial to see how well they really float? If so how well do they really work.
A couple years ago my buddy went threw 16" of crystalized ice with artic armour on. he poped out like a cork. yes, they do work well.   Sully...

Offline Jig it Good

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4990 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Fished out of Taft bay this evening...7 eyes only 1 keeper and three jumbos in 30 FOW. Marked fish the entire time just had trouble getting them to bite. Glad to get into some eyes again.
Whoever came up with ice fishing must have had the worst marriage on the planet

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4991 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Striker Ice is the onoly way to go now ... AA was the first but STRIKER has blowen past them in quality and function.

Float Test ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddp-h4E_LkI
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4992 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:10 PM »

Just found that on the ol tube. hoping the bite comes back soon.

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #4993 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:16 PM »

Other than all that, I set off for CheektoVegas 2 hrs later than I was supposed to because I locked my keys in the truck just as I was ready to leave for home Sunday morning....YAYYYYYYY!!!!! :P

Man, it's ALWAYS somethin'........ :-\

Cut a flat key and keep in wallet, or put in a magnetic box and hide it under fender.
If you need a chipped key for ignition, as most modern trucks do, this key will only unlock the door (which is all you needed).
My extra key has saved me a lot of aggravation on at least two occasions.

PerchEyes
The tug is the drug.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4994 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:23 PM »

Just found that on the ol tube. hoping the bite comes back soon.

the bite always does , but there can be some very slow time come mid ice , but that's good when we have to work for them a little , I actually like this time of year ,it can be a real challenge , to see if you can out think a fish

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4995 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:23 PM »
I read somewhere on this site that the internet killed the lakes and killed the bite on Oneida lake  ::) ::)....hmmm  ::) ::)... if we throw all our computers and cell phones away...would the fishing get good again??? just asking....--KP @)

You're confusing the internet with meth labs  ;)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4996 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:39 PM »
I read somewhere on this site that the internet killed the lakes and killed the bite on Oneida lake  ::) ::)....hmmm  ::) ::)... if we throw all our computers and cell phones away...would the fishing get good again??? just asking....--KP @)

the internet has caused great problems with some lakes , for example Canadarago for one use to see maybe 35 guys now it's 200  , it's not a very big lake and can't handle that kind of pressure as Oneida Lake can, but inland lakes all have a breaking point and other lakes, ponds need different regs to keep it healthy and productive 

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4997 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Gotta run with Freddie on this one....this is the time of the year where we all will earn our "stripes" ;D and eyes...makes it fun actually, learning how a fish thinks!! ;)
Then what was you guys excuse for finishing 8th or 9th at Sandy Pond? Those "Swigo" county fish just that smart? :whistle:  :P  :P

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #4998 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:46 PM »
Bart if I had known you were doing gourmet cooking out there I would tag along more often.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #4999 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:47 PM »
man I'm glad I'm only 57
You told me you were 57 last year...are you standin still or moon walkin son!?? :roflmao:
Wayne W.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5000 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I agree its usually pretty close just wish it was just a smaller dot or something instead of the arrow so you could pin point a little better

The tip of the arrow is your location....

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #5001 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:49 PM »
If he has floating bibs but not a floating coat, won't he float upside down?
problably but its a start. lmao ::) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5002 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:53 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    If   it  doesn't  kill  him  it  will make  him stronger.
Ok Nietzche, since you don't mind the hill, why I don't I keep the sled for the rest of the year?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5003 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:55 PM »
You told me you were 57 last year...are you standin still or moon walkin son!?? :roflmao:
he said that to me 3 years ago ??? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: i dont think he knows or cares anymore. lol ::) ::) ;D

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5004 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Artic you better lay off her gloves she says she knows where you live and she doesn't want the fish to bite her, lmao I know I know ive told her they are frozen and dead but she still thinks they are going to bite. KC told her about you losing 2 and she says it doesn't make her feel any better, my response was well if it makes you feel better buy me a new one lol. KP we definetly worked it this week, and im sure for awhile longer its going to be hit and run and many long days for us on Oneida.Bart nice looking heater Buddy think I will make one for her to make coffee as shes spilled her spill proof cup the last 2 times out in the bottom of shanty, lol Might make a half day trip tomarrow will half to check weather for the morning. Deadeyez you got any weather report for morning

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5005 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:11 PM »
he said that to me 3 years ago ??? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: i dont think he knows or cares anymore. lol ::) ::) ;D
Once guys get to be ancient they no longer count total years.  They don't celebrate birthdays, only anniversaries.  Like this is the 17th anniversary of my 40th bday.  Occasionally the math gets them confused

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5006 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:13 PM »
So Stormy, are you a Striker Rep now? or do you just wear the suit? Tell ya what I LOVE mine  ;)

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5007 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:23 PM »
the internet has caused great problems with some lakes , for example Canadarago for one use to see maybe 35 guys now it's 200  , it's not a very big lake and can't handle that kind of pressure as Oneida Lake can, but inland lakes all have a breaking point and other lakes, ponds need different regs to keep it healthy and productive
didnt one of the news channel get it started by doing a special on ice fishing on cando and show guys getting big perch out of there

Offline Jackperch72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5008 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Hey filetandrelease just wanted to say thanks for info.I was looking at map and wondering where can I park on Lewis point is it public access or do I need permission?
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,

doesn’t know what a patient man she married !

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5009 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:53 PM »
there is public access there just get there early to get a spot is all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.