New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #3630 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:03 AM »

Lol ..no sense of explaining, anything I say on here you just contradict anyhow..

wrong, you were contradicting me 2 weeks ago.   

I fished sitting on a bucket up til 3 yrs ago, now I can use braid like open water so I'm just getting used too it, had too buy all new rods for my braid.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3631 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:05 AM »
U da man ;D

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3632 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:07 AM »
The sweet smell of success afew minutes later and ses forgotten about the one she dumped. Priceless lmao

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3633 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:08 AM »
U da man ;D

whatever, just thought there was a trick too this stiff line, no biggie I'll figure it out.  My advice too colleen would of been never give them any slack.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3634 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Great video kowboy....    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #3635 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:16 AM »

north shored it today sat in one spot and slugged it out ,ended up landing 16 eyes and 10 perch , I should have moved around but it was cozy in side , not much growth on the ice just about the same 12-14" 
and nice to see you Ice Addict ,, guess we had the same idea wish you could have stuck around maybe you could have gotten those stripe-rs motivated

Pleasure was all mine brother!  I ended up nailing my other 2 JUST before I had to pull out! Sundays stink! A quick 2-3 hrs. on ice then the load up, pack up and 2 1/2 hr. drive home.  That was freakin hilarious! Yep, great minds think alike!   

7:45 AM- Filet- Hey, you fishin "such and such"
7:46 AM- IA- "yep"
7:47 AM- Filet- look behind you!
7:48 AM- IA- LOL!!! Hey buddy!!!

I have to apologize though sir,  I could have been a bit more hospitable when you came on over to say hello, instead of talking out the window. I SHOULD have flipped the shack open, shook your hand and joined you for a smoke....I was just running out of time and I needed 2 more eyes at the time and didn't want to take my eyes off the screen for a second! I guess it's like you've been saying the past few years now, " Is that the heater I hear in there?"  Yes Freddy, yes it is!!! " you make me so proud!!"  Yes sir, gettin old, you've taught me well ;)
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3636 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Nice job Deadeyez and Little Deadeyez.  :clap:

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3637 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Great pics and stories again from the weekend. Way to go everyone. Love the picture of little deadeye memories for dad that will last forever. Shane been awork in progress with her on that, you should see her when she sets the hoke multipule times on the fish, thinks shes fishing for lakers, lol but she is getting better every trip. Got a lot of great video, just pain loading takes forever and im not sure how to condense it like someone mentioned. Back to the jungle for me for a few days.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3638 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:44 AM »
  whatever, just thought there was a trick too this stiff line, no biggie I'll figure it out.  My advice too colleen would of been never give them any slack.

I know when I would cut a hole I`d be in a hurry to get the rap down there. Found if I took the time to spud out the edge at the bottom of the hole (round it off a little) I dropped a lot less fish..  I was more of a Kastmaster guy.  Can`t remember losing one at the hole on them...   

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3639 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Folks, I was having problems with Iceshanty over the weekend. I normally stay logged in but for some reason, I got un-logged and couldn't get back in?  Scott Freeman from IS was helping me and I'm able to log on with my wife's computer and my I-phone but not my computer which I've been logged in on for 6 years?  When I try to log in with my computer, it says that my password is incorrect and if I follow the link for "forgot password", it says I've timed out and to try again later...which doesn't work.
I know it's a computer glitch of some sort...does anyone have any ideas???
Thanks!
Wayne W.

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3640 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Had the same problem.i use to have the name Allpro on here and couldn't get it back for some reason.it said the same thing pass word problem. wish i could get back
ml

Offline Postletown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Working to afford bait!
« Reply #3641 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Well, our Oneida trip is over and I am back to work today :( We fished Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday.  Friday night we fished Constantia and only got a burbot.  Saturday we headed to Lewis Point and struck out, not even a bite.  We were marking fish here and there on the elite 4x and weren't getting any hits so we dropped the camera down and it was just a school of sheepshead swarming the area.  We tried many different depths.  Sunday we had a late start and fished from 11am-5pm at Constantia in 23fow.  We marked and saw perch on the screen all day and only iced four, we also missed a few.  They seemed really skiddish.  Saw one small eye on the camera.  All in all, the fishing was terrible for us but we always enjoy the area and we had a great time!  It seems that as soon as we got closer to finding some fish it was time to go.  Oh well, we learned a little more about Oneida Lake and we will try it again next year!  Thanks to everyone that gave me some tips on this forum!
-Chris

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #3642 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Folks, I was having problems with Iceshanty over the weekend. I normally stay logged in but for some reason, I got un-logged and couldn't get back in?  Scott Freeman from IS was helping me and I'm able to log on with my wife's computer and my I-phone but not my computer which I've been logged in on for 6 years?  When I try to log in with my computer, it says that my password is incorrect and if I follow the link for "forgot password", it says I've timed out and to try again later...which doesn't work.
I know it's a computer glitch of some sort...does anyone have any ideas???
Thanks!

Perhaps try another web browser.  IE 11 (which for most updates automatically) is causing problems with many sites.  Also try clearing your cache?
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3643 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:34 AM »
Had the same problem.i use to have the name Allpro on here and couldn't get it back for some reason.it said the same thing pass word problem. wish i could get back
Thanks.  I can log on with the phone and my wife's computer with my name and password but not my computer???  It's got to be something with the computer?  It's six years old...and ya know what...i haven't fired the .454 Casull in awhile...trigger finger is gettin itchy! :woot: :woot:
Wayne W.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3644 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Perhaps try another web browser.  IE 11 (which for most updates automatically) is causing problems with many sites.  Also try clearing your cache?
Using Firefox but so is my wife's computer??  will try IE just to see.  Thanks.
Wayne W.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3645 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Very cool photo Pooch and Snagger's version is equally cool.  I'd blow up and frame one of them.

Thanks Kingfisher, I plan on blowing one up.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3646 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Thanks guys - yesterday was simply one of those special days. It's amazing how Oneida can humble you so often and then so richly reward you. We are truly fortunate to have such an amazing fishery in our own backyard. Ended up with a pretty impressive stack of filets which I hand delivered to a few people this afternoon. The smiles on their faces said it all.

Pooch I think we saw you yesterday - were you on the 2 wheeler? You had quite a week of fishing. I couldn't buy an eye yesterday but was more than happy with a nice bunch of stripers.

Great pics.

Yeah Pman, I am the one of the two wheel, only one out there I think with one at the moment. Nice job with the fillets.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3647 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:05 AM »
Not sure if the video is going to work or not so here it is. Was fooling with the gopro Friday during the meylay. Got to work out some bugs in doing it as the remote eats the battery to quick. Got lots more video, but it takes forever to download it to photobucket.

Nice video and good job on the perch and eyes

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3648 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:25 AM »

That's sucks losing them like that... that's why I run braid.
Can you elaborate on this ?

Offline brotz55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3649 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Hardwater61 - click the start button on your computer, lower left hand corner on most computers.  Find "MY Computer"  Then create a restore point......   The restore point should be the date of the day before you started having this problem.
If you don't see "create a restore point" then just do a search for it.......The  search will provide instructions.

This should solve your problem.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3650 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:40 AM »
  wrong, you were contradicting me 2 weeks ago.   

I fished sitting on a bucket up til 3 yrs ago, now I can use braid like open water so I'm just getting used too it, had too buy all new rods for my braid.

I've used fire line for ice fishing with a leader second year it was out due to advice from a a pro on the PWT, took a little practice getting use to , I like it and it does fish different but far a losing fish we all due not counting the rare break off , lure hits ice, pulling hooks out and losing on the way up due to fish just not getting a good grip on the bait during hook set , snag I'll let you try out my new rig on a couple of eyes ,it's insane loL

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3651 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:45 AM »
One of the biggest tip on not loosing fish is to chill and not force things at the bottom of the hole - like my old HS FB coach use to say "act like you have been there before and will be again"...
If you dump a fish, drop down and get another... Or pull a "freddy" and knock em out on the bottom of the hole...  ;D

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3652 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:59 AM »
One of the biggest tip on not loosing fish is to chill and not force things at the bottom of the hole - like my old HS FB coach use to say "act like you have been there before and will be again"...
If you dump a fish, drop down and get another... Or pull a "freddy" and knock em out on the bottom of the hole...  ;D

they aren't out cold ,just more  like me a little confused  ;D

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #3653 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:20 PM »
they aren't out cold ,just more  like me a little confused  ;D

Lolll you guys are too funny  ;D

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #3654 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:15 PM »
The president has a new lickin' stick!!  NEED to see it in action!!!  :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :woot:
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3655 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:15 PM »

snag your pm box is full

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3656 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:17 PM »
The president has a new lickin' stick!!  NEED to see it in action!!!  :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :woot:

all you got to do is dial it to scaled , filleted or head ripped off  :woot: I think the lakers are really going to like it  ::)

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3657 on: Jan 27, 2014, 01:38 PM »

;)
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline beechcomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3658 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Does anyone know if you can take a atv out of Verona beach State Park. Or how about a sled?

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3659 on: Jan 27, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Bump
It'll eat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.