New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #3510 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:00 PM »
I did,  well changed the nozzle, filter, cleaned the chamber before that, changed the eye that sees the flame, cleaned the induced draft fan tube censor thing, whats left?  Primary control, right?  it runs 23 out of 24 hrs, but on the second call for heat, the short cycle, it cuts out and back in, then trips the reset, if I'm fishin, it will be out all day, I live alone.
   sounds like the primary control is on its way out or the control sensor is bad. is your reset button on your primary control box? ive also seen bad wire connections on those control boxes make that happen.  make shur all connections are clean no rust and sh-t like that
ml

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3511 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Whatever you do, don't hit it with the sledgehammer :o :o :o :o

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3512 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:03 PM »
   sounds like the primary control is on its way out or the control sensor is bad. is your reset button on your primary control box?
  yes, only 2 yellow wires leaving it to the flame sensor, older burner unit.  it does 3 clicks, 2 of which kill the burner for 2-3 seconds then it resumes burning, indused fan never quits stays the course during this.

bet some snows gone on Oneida ...... easy 25-35mph west winds last 3 hours up here.. 45mph gusts.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3513 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:11 PM »
does it light on the first click if so it should not click no more . so that would tell me that its not sensing that its lit
ml

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3514 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Shane,  put the zone valve in bypass mode if you can, honeywells all have a slide switch to bypass, jumper the thermostat wires together, this will call for heat all the time while testing. If you can run from a 5-gallon can of fuel oil, you may have water in the tank, also if you have an inline filter cartridge, change it!
Also the limit swicth where the aquastat goes into the boiler has a temp adjustment on it. This cold weather will short cycle the burner like crazy if it's set to low, try 185 F.
Sucks, been there done that!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3515 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:14 PM »
does it light on the first click if so it should not click no more . so that would tell me that its not sensing that its lit

onida thread has turned into plumbing/heating class.  :woot:

It will do one full cycle, then the water goes threw the zones, when it does the next short cycle to re heat that water is where the trouble happens, it will click indused fan pre starts then burner, but sometimes and not always say a few times a day, the second click happens, or a third.... burning stops for 3 seconds, hear a click burning starts again, after the cycle is complete, the reset trips.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3516 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:17 PM »
fished this afternoon on the east end off Lewis pt, sucked, marked very few fish, one rocky entertained us, could have caught more in the bait bucket.
wasn't that bad out there, toted the new smitty sled, worked like a charm.
Took two hours to get home, 60 miles of white knuckles, snowed like mad.

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3517 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:34 PM »

It will do one full cycle, then the water goes threw the zones, when it does the next short cycle to re heat that water is where the trouble happens, it will click indused fan pre starts then burner, but sometimes and not always say a few times a day, the second click happens, or a third.... burning stops for 3 seconds, hear a click burning starts again, after the cycle is complete, the reset trips. man i wish i was there i no i can hook it up it could be a fuel problem maybe sucking air at first its one of those thing you need to trouble shoot on site. its somthing stupid and small. did you try cleaning the sensor with some sand paper. if  i only could see what unit you  have some of them have a long probe that sense s the water temp which sends a signal back to the control box. i just fixed one and it was doing pretty much the same thang as yours
ml

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3518 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:40 PM »
on the second cycle it sounds like the probe aint sending back the rite signal to the control box. is there another wire coming out of the control box going to a big nut ? if so thats where the probe is. and that will be the problem
ml

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3519 on: Jan 25, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Wow .... I am glad I went with propane and wood  :thumbsup: :woot:
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3520 on: Jan 25, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Clicking is the burner relay.   Zone valve endswitches have a tendency to flicker on and off  when they go bad.   To check
 Do you have a voltmeter?

If so, set your meter up for AC volts (24)  probe to the T T on the boiler aquastat.  With no call for heat you will see voltage  (24)

When any zone calls for heat, this voltage will (should) be zero. If you see the meter jump when the burner cuts out, that would indicate that the endswitch is momentarily 'letting go'. This would be MUCH easier to see with an analog meter.  Sometimes it is too fast for digitals to catch

If when the questionable zone calls for heat you see the voltage 'floating' a few volts above zero, but the other zones go all the way to zero, that would also indicate a problem with the endswitch in that zone valve.

Now again, may not be this, but nice and easy to eliminate.   If you have Taco zone valves changing  the head in less than a minute

Snowing like crazy here in Parish

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3521 on: Jan 25, 2014, 10:16 PM »

It will do one full cycle, then the water goes threw the zones, when it does the next short cycle to re heat that water is where the trouble happens, it will click indused fan pre starts then burner, but sometimes and not always say a few times a day, the second click happens, or a third.... burning stops for 3 seconds, hear a click burning starts again, after the cycle is complete, the reset trips.

Does it  trip the reset before it reaches high limit (usually 180)  or cut out after it clicks 2 or 3 times.   

Offline denny13126

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig your heart out!
« Reply #3522 on: Jan 26, 2014, 12:13 AM »
took a limit of gills at big bay then went to constantia went out to the left where i saw a small village lol but only ended up with 2 perch never caught a walleye threw the ice before id love to learn how. i tryed jigging everything i could think of. with buckeyes fat heads and rosie reds.. nothing... perch came on small jigs with spikes.
it's all about finesse! tight lines and clean holes!

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3523 on: Jan 26, 2014, 02:25 AM »
How much snow fell Cleveland area guys?

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #3524 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:14 AM »
Just looked out the window at apps in Cleveland, not much new snow at all really.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3525 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:38 AM »
Got about 2 inches of grainy snow in Cicero last night.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3526 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:42 AM »
South shore it appears 1-1.5" because of the wind hard to really tell how much is new. Still snowing now

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #3527 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:44 AM »
One and a half inches in Cleveland.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline chubrock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3528 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:07 AM »
The snow band was low last night. We got 7 inches out in Lpool. :-\
Bait it. Jig it. Hook it.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3529 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:27 AM »
nice meeting you today Bart even though you wouldn't let me catch any fish ;D

I thought we agreed to blame flatironfisherman! ;D

It was great meeting you, Your shanty/smitty sled combo is awesome in design and workmanship.

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #3530 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:28 AM »
gettin old sucks......slipped on some ice first step out of the truck yesterday and tweaked my back......toughed it out yest. and it wasn't too bad but woke up this morning and WOW.. :'(....not good.....first time in a long time with this......good luck out there today boys.....barometer looks pretty good too.....

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3531 on: Jan 26, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Only got 1"-2" here in Constantia.

Hope your back feels better Scout.

Congrats to everyone that hammered them yesterday. I am hanging with the family today. The baro does look good though...

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3532 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Bad backs are the worst. Get  TO A CHIROPRACTOR, don't wait. I did 2 months this past year thinking it would get better,finally went to the chiro and in 2 days it was over.

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3533 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Nice job Kingfisher!  Ya, Pooch & I had a great week out there. 

Hope everyone did well today.  I stayed home for some "Honey Do" not to mention a little R & R.  Back sometime this week.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #3534 on: Jan 26, 2014, 09:36 AM »
went across the lake this morning to big bay with my grandson. crossed a good size crack running down the middle of the channel. it was slushy about 50 yds across it. ended up with 16 nice gills, and 2 crappies. my grandson got his 1st crappie !!   Sully...

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3535 on: Jan 26, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Didn't make it out to where I wanted.  Fighting a nasty cold.  The crap I'm coughing up & blowing out my nose looks more like slop left over on cleaning table. Yuck! But better feeling crappy while fishing than feeling crappy at home.
By 8 the snow was basically over.  Was beautiful out for a couple hours. cold but barely a breeze.  Now its kicking pretty good.  Gusts 20-25.  When the wind started the bite changed drastically.
Fishing 20fow was great earlier although a lot of short eyes.  Fewer perch than last time I was here.  Did get a burbot though.
Good luck

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #3536 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:02 AM »
I did,  well changed the nozzle, filter, cleaned the chamber before that, changed the eye that sees the flame, cleaned the induced draft fan tube censor thing, whats left?  Primary control, right?  it runs 23 out of 24 hrs, but on the second call for heat, the short cycle, it cuts out and back in, then trips the reset, if I'm fishin, it will be out all day, I live alone.
    look for a loose wire someplace had one on my inlaws furnace worked fine then acted up when it was hot then worked fine again for days.

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3537 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:11 AM »

Great day today on the ice. Eric, his son Hunter, Lunker Joe, and I had our limits by 8:30. Hope everyone else did well too!!
FISH  ON !!!

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #3538 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:14 AM »
you know I don't seem to need a barometer or any thing else to tell me when the fish are biting ...If we have to work the fish will be biting and if were off the fish are close liped gggrrrrr

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3539 on: Jan 26, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Got out this morning by myself, off the ice by 8:30am, fish were hungry. Dumped a big girl at the hole. Wish I could have stayed, but I needed to get some stuff done. Have a sink full of eyes to clean. Just put a new front tire on the bike  ;D. Been a great vacation.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.