New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827220 times)

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1620 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:04 PM »

Nice Cat Larry....   :thumbsup:
    x2
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1621 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Hey guys!  My brother and a couple buddies are heading to Oneida for our "second annual Oneida Lake ice fishing trip".  We came up last January and pretty much got skunked, but we had such a great time that we are returning.  We will be coming January 24th-26th for the weekend.  By the looks of it, right now is the time to be there, but unfortunately work and wives are keeping me from that now!  Ice is sketchy here in Chautauqua County so I haven't been out anywhere yet.  If anyone is willing to give me any extra info on Oneida we would appreciate it! If not, that's okay we will have fun anyway! 

PS, even though we are out of towners, we pulled a lot of garbage off that lake last year, I was surprised to see so much junk left on the ice!     

Chris,
thank you for looking out for our resource, this is an ongoing issue we have here in recent years, Its a major thorn in my side personally, I am in conversation with the greater oneida lake chamber of commerce on an inititive to address this on the west end of the lake. stay tuned for more details.  Hope your trip this year is a good one with lots of tight lines
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1622 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:50 PM »
Rob,
Is it possible that you post here when the licsense system comes back on line?

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1623 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:51 PM »
yes sir i will. been keeping an eye on it actually
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1624 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:53 PM »
nice to meet you in person yesterday Rob. great looking shop you have there. make sure you post up here when you get those small buckeyes in as i know you will ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1625 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Finally gonna get a chance to make it up and fish friday thru sunday can"t wait maybe run into some of you guys on the northshore

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
« Reply #1626 on: Jan 06, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Nice cat Larry....

As Junior found out....they will put the squeeze on a set of fingers!    :woot:

Had a nice walleye put the clamp-down on my thumb yesterday while I was retrieving a throated rap. I agree... I deserved a bite or two, but he went to work on my thumb like he was chewing a piece of cheap steak.
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1627 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:00 PM »
hey wired sorry about your son hope he gets better

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #1628 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:01 PM »
SNAGGER, Great videos, you're making it look easy! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1629 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Nice cat Larry....

As Junior found out....they will put the squeeze on a set of fingers!    :woot:

Had a nice walleye put the clamp-down on my thumb yesterday while I was retrieving a throated rap. I agree... I deserved a bite or two, but he went to work on my thumb like he was chewing a piece of cheap steak.
saturday i reached down to grab a very big eye and he opened his mouth at the last second and got my pinky finger. friggen blood was all over my shanty >:( sunday i reached down to grab another big eye and the hook pulled out of the eye and the trebble buried into my middle finger. the bite was hot so i ripped it out with forceps ::) ??? ??? ;D

Offline SwedishPIMP69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1630 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:13 PM »
great videos snagger. keep em comming

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #1631 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Are you guys bragging or complaining! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #1632 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:47 PM »
in regards to the licenses - just read an article on Syracuse.com stating that the new system is up and running.

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2014/01/dec_resumes_selling_sportsmans.html#incart_river
Take it for what it's worth

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1633 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Snagger taught me my first season to soak you fingers in hydrogen Peroxide ..... It works too .
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1634 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Great reports guys, hope it is that good Thursday to Monday this week ;D, hows that new suit working Freddie?

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1635 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Got this pic of a 30" cat I caught off the North Shore last year going back down the hole.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1636 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Nice cat KP, hey that sled looks familiar  ;D
Jim K.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1637 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:21 PM »

Wow, a lot to digest..... First Bobby, Kp, Snag and Freddy, Hookinup, Scott, Pat and crew, Adam, Stormy, Pops and HT, WELL DONE FELLERS  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Boggy sorry we didn't hook up my friend, but the time is fast approaching. This lake is an incredible resource and anyone who disrespects it  with trash or pollutants, shame on you :nono: :nono: :nono: I missed the blitz between work and outher such things but will still put plenty of protein on the table tonight. I live for this shisnit  ;D ;D ;D

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1638 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:26 PM »
whooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhha. the oneida lake ollc/ die hards kicked some serious walleye a** last weekend didnt we :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: ;D
geeze we only wait all year for good ice and fish ;)

Offline bass14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1639 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:36 PM »
I live a few hours from Oneida but I fish there often in the summer. I've never fished it in the winter. Where is the best place to go ice fishing?

Offline Guppiekilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1640 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:38 PM »
[/URL][/img]
First brown I ever caught out of Oneida lake 17 1/2''

Offline Guppiekilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1641 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:40 PM »

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1642 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Well big congrats fellas. Wired hope your son gets better. I was beaten severly yesterday by oneida. Not sure what happ. Guess you gotta be on the right spot. I fished constantia from sun up til 12, from 17ft to 22, only dumped one at the hole. I threw everything at them, raps, slenders, buckshots, even demons with a maki. Ton of lookers no takers. Lp from noon to 4 same thing.

Offline Guppiekilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1643 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:00 PM »

when the bait shops had no buckeyes fishing with bass minnows, end up with bass this big smallie came from the North Shore 22' of water on a tip up

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1644 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Spent the day with my son and grandson on the south shore. Eyes were non stop until about 1 pm. Grandson's first time on the ice, was like killing a monster buck on his first hunt. Uhh, he wants to go again :o.

Way to pound them Mike...I did not know you where that good. Great Job!!!
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1645 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Man, I just got home from work, caught up on the madness from this weekend, I think everyone is pumped to get back out there...I may not chase a Crappie this year, these silly Walleyed fish have me hooked now, I hope my next drought doesn't last 3 years!  Awesome vids Snagger, awesome Cat KP and Jr, Awesome fish and reports all around from everyone, I hope your son has a speedy recovery wired!...glad to hear the snow went and the cold is here, if this snow storm stays off maybe we can hockey skate out there...I filmed a short video yesterday too, to submit to the 13 fishing name that reel contest, hopefully my quick work can win me a new concept reel from them...I have won a Frabill snowsuit from Frabill and 4 life jackets from Oswego County tourism...I'm shooting for a hat trick!     

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1646 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:20 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
when the bait shops had no buckeyes fishing with bass minnows, end up with bass this big smallie came from the North Shore 22' of water on a tip up
now that is a real fish thu the ice right there. nice monster small mouth :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1647 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)[/URL][/img]
First brown I ever caught out of Oneida lake 17 1/2''

Just wondering what area of oneida the trout came from. It seems like every year i hear of a decent size trout being caught on oneida. They have been releasing them for quite some time yet there doesn't seem to have a population that survives. The fish that are caught are big enough that they have to be a few years old. I wonder why a few survive and the others don't

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1648 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Just wondering what area of oneida the trout came from. It seems like every year i hear of a decent size trout being caught on oneida. They have been releasing them for quite some time yet there doesn't seem to have a population that survives. The fish that are caught are big enough that they have to be a few years old. I wonder why a few survive and the others don't

They are stocked in a few streams which dump into Oneida.  Butternut Creek, Limestone Creek, Chittenango Creek all empty into the lake.  I am sure there are many others. 

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1649 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:04 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
This looks like it could be an Atlantic salmon to me? They are stocked in Fish Creek.

Notice the short mouth, long  skinny caudal peduncle, slightly forked tail, less spots below lateral line, no spots on adipose fin , spots look like X's, etc etc.

The only SURE WAY I know to tell the difference between Browns and Atlantics is.... Vomerine teeth.

Browns have two very distinct and sharp rows of them on the roof of their mouth, where Atlantics have one, hardly noticeable row on theirs.   ;)

Either way, it's nice to catch them while ice fishing, too bad you have to let them go because the season is closed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.