New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1290 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:42 AM »
Does anyone who lives near Oneida lake or someone who went out on the lake today have a snowfall total?

Thanks !

Out here now. About 5"-8" of snow on the ice no slush.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #1291 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:59 AM »
reeleyz, you walkin or ridin??
Wayne W.

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #1292 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:05 AM »

Just enough to waste the perfect temps...
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1293 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:12 AM »
reeleyz, you walkin or ridin??

Riding...

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #1294 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:14 AM »
:roflmao: :roflmao:  Us walkers can only hope thats the case - [easy walking].  Calling for a little bit of a "warm up" - 37*- this weekend which will hopefully turn that 5" into 1.5"-2" after it settles and melts away a little.  Then right back into the single digits and teens begining of next week for daytime highs.  Stay safe out there with the machines.  :tipup: :tipup:

National weather service out of Buffalo is getting pretty excited about a possible monster lake effect event for Tuesday. this after sunday nights rain wet snow storm..... Its winter now baby were just gonna half too roll with it......
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1295 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:36 AM »
  National weather service out of Buffalo is getting pretty excited about a possible monster lake effect event for Tuesday. this after sunday nights rain wet snow storm..... Its winter now baby were just gonna half too roll with it......
Aren't our upper lake connections frozen by now.  Seems like with all this cold we should be past monster lake effect, on a NW wind anyway.  I am sick of plowing it all ready, have not made it out yet. Hopefully next week. 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1296 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:43 AM »
Even in cold winters, lake effect stays productive through the end of January, maybe we'll have a good old fashion sunny February.  So far this season Lake Ontario has been running solo, no help from the other lakes, the bands have been setting up in southern Jefferson county.  I would imagine Lake Ontario is still running 39 degrees.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #1297 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:44 AM »
Wayne W.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1298 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:48 AM »
I was out there with ya chief ..... I ask a guy for a ride ...I would have died walking that in .... Beautiful day no wind but they did not want to play at all .....  >:(

No man they weren't active at all! Tried dead sticking, even tried small jigs with spikes for perch in the afternoon. Thought maybe if I downsized I could pull a few more perch. Not the case. Took us an hr to drag back to shore. Really sucked. I'm just bringing my jet sled out with me Sunday and limited gear unless the snow blows off. Sorry to what about your auger. That blows..
It'll eat.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1299 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:48 AM »
did you finally have to find fish for yourself  :o now you don't have to play follow the leader, you have your very own app  :woot:, so snag and I will let you lead us around only fair  :o

Every time I pick a spot and Snag checks it out with me on the phone all he tells me is .... Oh man you better not let Freddie see you there thats his hump ...  :woot:  You two taught me how to read a map .... I pick all the same places.

Yesterday I got yelled at because I was 150 ' away from Sngs secret hole .....  ;D
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1300 on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Fished for eyes for the first time this ice season on Wednesday with my buddy Jeff. Started in 30 fow and picked up a keeper eye each and about a dozen perch. Made a move to another spot in 24 fow and I ended up landing 3 keepers and a short before dark. Ice was 6-8 inches in the area we were fishing. It was good to finally get on some eyes!

Nice looking eye bobby :thumbsup:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Oneida_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1301 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:20 AM »
Thanks for the info... Cant wait just got the bait and bags packed be fishin at 6 am.... aint leavin till 8pm will see how it ends up ....wahooo cant wait worse than the kids lol, jig jig jig

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1302 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:28 AM »
OMG LMAO glad I just didn't have a coffee going the screen would have been soaked  ;D

Zippy made a funny  :clap:  :woot:

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #1303 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:34 AM »

Ill be out there any chance I get regardless of if there's glare ice or 10". Sometimes just prefer to not have the legs burning after walking a couple hundred yards lol. Fishing is an addiction and Im sure I speak for almost everyone on the diehard thread when I say I'm not going to let snow stop me. See everyone on the ice  :tipup: :tipup:
Take it for what it's worth

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1304 on: Jan 03, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Ok guys, I finally have the chance to come down and try out Oneida Lake tomorrow morning. I would like to target walleye's primarily but will never turn down some nice perch. Just wondering where I should start out from? I don't mind a long walk as I will be traveling light. I won't be able to reach the ice until around 9ish and would like to not have to figh for parking. I have the hot spots map to guide me around a little but mainly need a spot to safely get on the ice and after some waldo's. Thanks for any help.  @)

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1305 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Stormys new auger...

I have two 6in Lasers, A 7in Laser, a 6in Nils, a 8in Mora and the Spoon. I know guys say the spoons cut awesome when sharpened properly, but a bag of salt would get you through the ice quicker...

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #1306 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:08 PM »
Ok Oneida me and the boy are all packed up got the big machine loaded and we rollin see you guys in am going to Chapman in morning but might make the move to north shore at Godfrey. Hopefully the cracks are solid enough to roll across
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #1307 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:10 PM »
my old spoon will cut at least 1/2" of ice per turn of the handle

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1308 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Every time I pick a spot and Snag checks it out with me on the phone all he tells me is .... Oh man you better not let Freddie see you there thats his hump ...  :woot:  You two taught me how to read a map .... I pick all the same places.

Yesterday I got yelled at because I was 150 ' away from Sngs secret hole .....  ;D

Now you got too figure out when and where on that app, I know I wouldn't have started yesterday where you did, shallow at 930, I'd been lookin for perch, shoot you'll grab your 3 on accident fishin perch on virgin ice.......  Consistency, consistency, did I say consistency stormy....Been almost 4 seasons since I fished mid season with the ole fredster, maybe we'll have too go on a mission soon...  :woot:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1309 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Ok Oneida me and the boy are all packed up got the big machine loaded and we rollin see you guys in am going to Chapman in morning but might make the move to north shore at Godfrey. Hopefully the cracks are solid enough to roll across

I'm assuming you've talked too people who have already crossed the lake in that area on machines, godfrey always freezes last with current breaks near the drops, minus 5 not a good time too be going threw the ice....

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1310 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:22 PM »
Stormys new auger...
(Image removed from quote.)
I have two 6in Lasers, A 7in Laser, a 6in Nils, a 8in Mora and the Spoon. I know guys say the spoons cut awesome when sharpened properly, but a bag of salt would get you through the ice quicker...
id bring my chain saw out there before I try to using that dinosaur.  :woot:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1311 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Stormys new auger...
(Image removed from quote.)

Et tu, Brute  ?  :'(  Where is the Southern Tier Brotherhood ?

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1312 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:43 PM »

Now you got too figure out when and where on that app, I know I wouldn't have started yesterday where you did, shallow at 930, I'd been lookin for perch, shoot you'll grab your 3 on accident fishin perch on virgin ice.......  Consistency, consistency, did I say consistency stormy....Been almost 4 seasons since I fished mid season with the ole fredster, maybe we'll have too go on a mission soon...  :woot:

I nearly stroked out getting to that spot .... it was only going to be a quick visit until I ducked my auger .....  ::)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1313 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:44 PM »

Watches are already up for Tuesday.

Lake Effect Snow Watch for Oswego County until 1:00pm Wednesday.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1314 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:45 PM »
I nearly stroked out getting to that spot .... it was only going to be a quick visit until I ducked my auger .....  ::)

4 inches of snow with a smitty sled,   :blink:      should been out there last week.

Offline JIGAWOPPER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1315 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Big Bay may be ok

Offline mwajac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1316 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Looking at a place to buy on Lakeshore Rd by Boysen Bay. From what I remember as a kid, dad used to take us towards Frenchman from the public parking by the small beach. In general, anyone know if ice is questionable anywhere in the area from Boysen that would prevent us from riding machines out to the islands to fish through the ice.  Not specifically this year but overall.  I understand there's quite a few area that you guys know of yearly gas pockets etc.  Thanks

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #1317 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:23 PM »
  I'm assuming you've talked too people who have already crossed the lake in that area on machines, godfrey always freezes last with current breaks near the drops, minus 5 not a good time too be going threw the ice....
Hey Shane oh no I won't cross with the machine load her up and drive around. I may be dumb but not stupid lol
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline twodogs02

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is that battery failure?
« Reply #1318 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Ice...ice...ice...lots of ice!  Last year was terrible, what a great start to this season.  See you guys out on the ice.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1319 on: Jan 03, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Shane, looks like your better. Be carfull. Last year I thought I was better and deove out there. Got the first two eyes early, felt a little funky but hung out till dark for the limit. Bad idea. Flu for the next two weeks and had to sit around and watch you post pictures. Not fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.