The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ben Needs to Retire & The Defense Stinks  (Read 1046 times)

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
Ben Needs to Retire & The Defense Stinks
« on: Dec 17, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Game/season/superbowl on the line.  A chip shot field goal to send it to OT.  And then our "Hall of Fame" QB throws a dumb as dirt pass into TRIPLE coverage.  I think ben's tired of playing football.  He needs to fade into the sunset.

Then there's our high school level secondary.  They couldn't stop brady if they were armed with Uzis and machetes.

No whining about the "touchdown" either.  James dropped it, according to the rules.  (Same thing happened to bryant in a Cowpie's game a couple years ago.) 

So the steelers will beat a weak sister or two then get their posteriors handed to them in New England.  I'm fed up with that baloney...   :'(

Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ben Needs to Retire & The Defense Stinks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2017, 08:59 PM »
Wow

Offline pabassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:00 PM »
Game/season/superbowl on the line.  A chip shot field goal to send it to OT.  And then our "Hall of Fame" QB throws a dumb as dirt pass into TRIPLE coverage.  I think ben's tired of playing football.  He needs to fade into the sunset.

Then there's our high school level secondary.  They couldn't stop brady if they were armed with Uzis and machetes.

No whining about the "touchdown" either.  James dropped it, according to the rules.  (Same thing happened to bryant in a Cowpie's game a couple years ago.) 

So the steelers will beat a weak sister or two then get their posteriors handed to them in New England.  I'm fed up with that baloney...   :'(

Agreed :(

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:10 PM »
Here is the rule

Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:21 PM »
I picked a bad day to quit sniffin' glue...

Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:25 PM »
Raider interception on side line looks like same thing

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:29 PM »
I am a Pittsburgh fan but seriously you think they have a championship D ? No way. You cannot let gronk beat you straight down the field.

Offline Gills4me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2017, 10:25 PM »
I'm wondering how this topic belongs on this site

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2017, 12:03 AM »
There was no disputable evidence that shows James dropped the ball.  No camera view shows the ball hitting the turf, or anything else.   It was a BS call.

Why would you kick a field goal with the amount of time left on the clock they had rather than go for a td.  Spike the ball and kick the field goal with a few seconds on the clock?   

The D secondary is terrible and has been since what the last year they won the Super Bowl?   Their D is designed to give up the underneath pass which more often then not is what beats them.

Gronk is one of the best in the league.... and they didn’t get their posterior handed to them.  They lost by a field goal.  That shouldn’t of had to of been kicked to tie it to begin with. 

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2017, 12:29 AM »
Pats may have won the be but not the war. Very good game till the TD called back. To me it'sa TD,he broke the plane of the end zone then bobbled the ball when he hit the ground. Unfortunately that's the rule,but a very stupid one that will get changed but no help today. Steelers D isn't like the old days but either is NE. As for Ben retiring,who you going to put in the? Landry Jones.lol    Good QB's are hard to come by,yeah the last play was stupid,they should have spiked the ball and kicked the FG,but they didn't. Should've,could've but didn't. Overall a good game. Will see them again and the outcome will be different. Gronk is a beast, I hate him but he's a force to reckon with,how do you defend him against those little DB's. As usual NE gets every break,it's almost unreal,but they do. Anyone believe these games might be fixed? KOV'IE lol

Offline clhuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:02 AM »
Pats may have won the be but not the war. Very good game till the TD called back. To me it'sa TD,he broke the plane of the end zone then bobbled the ball when he hit the ground. Unfortunately that's the rule,but a very stupid one that will get changed but no help today. Steelers D isn't like the old days but either is NE. As for Ben retiring,who you going to put in the? Landry Jones.lol    Good QB's are hard to come by,yeah the last play was stupid,they should have spiked the ball and kicked the FG,but they didn't. Should've,could've but didn't. Overall a good game. Will see them again and the outcome will be different. Gronk is a beast, I hate him but he's a force to reckon with,how do you defend him against those little DB's. As usual NE gets every break,it's almost unreal,but they do. Anyone believe these games might be fixed? KOV'IE lol

I couldn't of said it any better myself.      But yeah for real gronk is the best in NFL I don't like him at all but  all teams have trouble defending him.  I thought we didn't pretty good defending everybody else man to man worked  better.   And we were even without our starting cornerback  Joe Haden.    As for  Ben retiring this team would go no where without Ben he one of the best in the NFL.   

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Yes the ball moved but did it hit the grass or was jesses hand under it .....was a TD... SETTING THE STAGE ......FOR BIG MONEY....

Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:23 AM »
It was a fix,right KOV'IE.  lol

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:34 AM »
They KOV'IE how did the Refs read that rule? I can't the prints too small.lol  Is that another rule the Patriots had make for them,like the Brady "TUCK" rule.????????????? Maybe before we spank their a -- in NE they'll make a couple more rules for the GOLDEN BOY.lol

Offline MikeFLN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2017, 03:32 PM »
I understand that is the rule and it was called right according to the rule, but my goodness is that a stupid rule.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I understand that is the rule and it was called right according to the rule, but my goodness is that a stupid rule.

But if the rule was called right why wouldn’t all the others be over turned instead of “ the ball crossed the plain of the end zone” the calls go either way all the time.  It’s never definitive.  Pats shouldn’t of won but they did. 

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2017, 03:08 PM »
Regarding the called back td, Jessie made a football move.  The ball was put into his stomach and then reached breaking plane, but rule touchdown.  I feel better this year than last year for beating the in playoffs.  Had several key players out.  Also what about pass interference in end zone when pats defense jumped all over wide receiver back

Offline Wall_Hanger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Doesn't get any better than this.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2017, 04:05 PM »
I think we'll have ice by next weekend, anybody else?

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2017, 04:38 PM »
More likely I think the coaches should retire,and the point spred was 2.5 points for the patriots playing the steelers at home,a dropped interception in the defencemans hands and the pats scoring with 70 seconds left and then the blown call at the end of game.End result Pats beat spread 3 points.Fix was in

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2017, 04:56 PM »
game was almost as good as the SB last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.