Author Topic: Night fishing  (Read 948 times)

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
Night fishing
« on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Anyone go ice fishing at night? DONT GET ME WRONG I DON'T MEAN NIGHT FISHING THIS EARLY IN THE SEASON.  I KNOW THE DANGERS OF BEING ON ICE..anyway I've been night ice fishing In new Hampshire on 20 inches of icebut any of you ri guys venture out after dark? Looks like my nights are open for the winter, hopefully this conversation gets rolling
Flaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Night fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Yes.
Just add water.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Yup I'm going to see if I can raise some cats off the bottom this winter if possible.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:04 PM »
I ice fish almost always at night with my work schedule.It works for me because I'm in love with the Walleye but I do catch a  lot of different species at night.

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:29 PM »
The way things been going I probably will have a good amount of evening time available to get out once everything sets in I was curious as to how many venture out after dark

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Night time ice fishing can be awsome. I just got some new light house tillt lights in.  Great way to make the most of a season.  Most years we get trout, calicoes and eyeballs. 

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:14 PM »
I saw those last year and wanted to get them but didn’t have the company to go night fishing. Those things look sweet

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Theres bunch on the market. For $16 bucks its a good light... Little bulky but built decent. So awsome when its spinning away in the darkness.  They work best on the polar style. FF

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:06 AM »
So im looking at the lighthouse lights and the frabill arctic tipup lights on Amazon...not sure if i get 2 of each or 4 of the same?  Anyone prefer one over the other?

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Also i have all styles of tip ups so that doesn't make a difference

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:17 AM »
I added reflective tape to my tip ups so I can see them easier at night with the flashlight, just put them in strait rows and its easy to check them at night. I've brought cots out and slept on the ice as well as just the late night pick up and go in, both work well. Great time fishing at night, burbot put up a heck of a fight while waiting for walleye to mosey on in. I invested in a 14ftx8 foot eskimo inuslated pop up last year, love it :-) I recommend getting an led mag light to check your lines, battery will last all season and their bright as you can get....plus a club I suppose if you really needed one.... :-) I like GPS to help get back off the ice if you are traveling at night to make sure you don't stray off your original trail, or get caught in a blizzard.
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:25 AM »
Also i have all styles of tip ups so that doesn't make a difference

Ive used the Frabill lights ..works on the H style Polars and Frabills round thermal too

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Frabill-Arctic-Fire-Tip-Up-Light
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:10 PM »
 I have the frabil shiner light too. The benefit to the light house is the spin. Ive done the tape , im done with that but it works..i think its worth a little cash. . FF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.