Author Topic: 2018 Loughborough Laker Watch  (Read 9333 times)

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
2018 Loughborough Laker Watch
« on: Dec 13, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Nothing picture worthy over the laker grounds but ice forming along the shoreline. Further east on the lake, The division st launch is iced up and a good portion of the shallow east lake is ice covered. We have a couple nights of -17 coming up so let’s hope for some pre New Years Lakers!

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2018 Loughborough Laker Watch
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated on the conditions for lobo JZ.. I appreciate it.  Can't wait to get out fishing. 

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Look forward to another season JZ!

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:29 AM »
Do you guys fish Dog at all in the winter? My family has a cottage there and for years I've wanted to fish it hardwater but have never had a chance to do it (I live in Rhode Island, USA)

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2017, 03:02 AM »
I fish Dog a lot, most fish for the splake but there are crappie and panfish as well.
cheers sig
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline robbyc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2017, 12:29 AM »
hey guys, i want to ask a question about the west side BL at Loughbrorough. But not sure if its a good idea to make it public or if will get hated on. If anyone with some knowledge on the area can pm me, maybe i could as a specific member and not make it public if  it will create a problem..
thanks in advance guys
robbyc

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Isn't the whole point of posts like this to make info about the lake available? I get what your saying but I think info should be shared. My opinion anyway.

Offline robbyc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2017, 09:43 PM »
Isn't the whole point of posts like this to make info about the lake available? I get what your saying but I think info should be shared. My opinion anyway.

i see your point clearly, however, i didn't want to ask a question with specific road names and destinations. Than have it be a zoo for all the locals that live in that area for the rest of their  life. Ive seen small honey holes get pulverized and destroyed at the helm of public fishing boards and groups. Say what you will, i think i did the right thing. And , thank you very much to JZ for answering my question.

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Hey robbyc, I didn't mean to come off as complaining about your post.. i guess I was thinking more about ice conditions and reports rather than locations for catching and stuff. I certainly can see why people don't want to give up their honey holes  ;D

Anyways, good luck to you.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Has anyone been on Loughborough at the south end off of Sydenham (LOUGH DR.) to fish and if so how is the ice?
I would think it should be fishable by now...
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:10 AM »
I will give it a look today and post some pics, it was still open water on the 26th but I think should be ice over now
@jzuliniak

Offline icejunkie33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:16 AM »
There was a guy fishing out there shallow yesterday morning, I wouldn't say he was any deeper than the 20-30 foot range. The lake only has a skim of snow on the ice so it should be making ice alot better than the ones with all this snow on them

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2017, 07:19 AM »
The west end is now locked up as far as the eye can see. It’s one day old ice over the laker grounds 40-120fow so it will be another day or two before I start poking holes out there.

From the launch

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Well in no rush at this end if fish-able might show up on Sat. but truly looking to fish it on Wed or Thurs that will be my availability time next week. Tight lines and stay safe no-one needs a cold bath.
Thanks JZ

Offline Digem1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:25 AM »
Likely no snow on it was there JZ? If not should make some good ice over next few days

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Likely no snow on it was there JZ? If not should make some good ice over next few days
Just a dusting of snow and the temp on the truck was -30 so it should be making some hard black ice.
@jzuliniak

Offline Digem1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:38 AM »
Good good. Should make getting around a little easier as well. Not having to wade through all the snow.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Good good. Should make getting around a little easier as well. Not having to wade through all the snow.

I think that half of my past trips to Lobo included trekking through 12-20"s of snow whether it was down the hill and off of the beach or the south launch.

Offline Digem1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:08 PM »
If the weather holds like this for a week like it's saying it's going to we should be golden.

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:11 PM »
I like the sounds of this, only a dusting of snow. Maybe ill check it out next week

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:33 PM »
seen some who wandered out there today right in front of the launch... don't know how deep they where
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Somebody out there today over what I would guess is 40-55 fow
@jzuliniak

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:53 AM »
seen some sled tracks yesterday going across.. do not know how much ice is out there
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Went out at 11 for a couple hours didn’t mark anything. Talked with a few groups that went out earlier, 2 got nothing one other group got 2. Ice was good I set up in 83 fow on 5” of black ice. I got lazy and stayed in my hut in the one spot the whole time which didn’t up my odds but it was cold! Might give it another shot tomorrow depending on how many drinks I have tonight. Happy New Year

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2017, 09:05 PM »
Thanks for the update Jon, I work tomorrow and Tuesday so if all goes well I might be able to hit the ice on Wed. You going on at the South Launch?

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 04, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Any updates on Loughborough?

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Nothing from me, I was planning on a trip there yesterday or today but the truck is in the shop( tie rod ends and oil.) Next time for me will not happen until at least Tues. work nights this weekend.

Offline dlees188

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Drove by Loughborough Dr. today, there was probably 5-6 people out there, including a clam hut that had to be over 100 FOW, it's gotta be good to go.  I'm going out Sunday, I'll report what I find.

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Was out yesterday from about 9-1.  Stayed to the right of the public launch.  Did not measure but was a solid 5-6 black ice.  There were lots of people out but did not see much action.  One guy was leaving when I arrived and had one.  Another said he was skunked, as was I.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:20 PM »
I have been seeing people out there everyday since the 31st, Ive been out as far as 90-100fow with 5-6 inch of ice that was about a week ago.  Someone brought a perm hut out and parked it over the shallows.  I saw some skidoo tracks but havent seen any ATVs out there yet, Iam sure there will be lots of people out this weekend with ATVs and sleds.
@jzuliniak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.