Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614929 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12000 on: Mar 20, 2018, 03:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Old Goat, ER's
                           It's 12* here on my hill but down in the low land it's 7*, the weather cat is out on the prowl! :whistle:
                           Marv......I'm glad you and the girls got the big trees down. I don't know how much of a distance you have to travel on the grass but
               when I was in the drilling business, my rig weighed 26 tons, it would sink out of site during mud season. I bought a few heavy duty canvas tarps
               and laid them down and backed my rig over them. The tires sank in a little but it kept the mud out of the treads and we had traction to drive out. :flex:
                           Bud......Your weather just like the rest of the country sure has it's ups a down, who knows what the next day brings? ???
                           H2L......Good job sir! :clap:
                           With this cold snap the ice on Lake George has firmed up, Jon fished yesterday and so did MW and his wife. Today I'll be hitting the ice with Jon.
              Yesterday he ended up with a nice Salmon and a Laker. MW and his wife hit a different spot and got into some Lakers. :flex:
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12001 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's 24* this morning.  Got a little more moisture on the lawn.

Jeff, yeah weather is about as crazy as the NCAA tournament,  I think I know where my boat is.  Under a canopy maybe ?

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12002 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:43 AM »
good luck out there today IW you and John and MW been doing very well keep it up

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12003 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:59 AM »
Be safe out there IW. Hope you have some luck.

11* this morning no clouds. Waiting for the sun to break over the hill.

Eddie, good luck with the truck.

Got my horns back yesterday. Euro mount looks real good. I will get a picture up here.

Thanks for the wishes for the bowling team.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #12004 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:32 AM »
3 degrees here in northern vt.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12005 on: Mar 20, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Good morning fellow 9:45ers ,sunny mostly blue sky and light wind outside at this time. I have to check forecast for tonight and Wednesday yet another Winter storm some weather guessers calling for up to 16 inches in parts of my county. Stopped by the house last night most of prep work done paint should be going on walls/ceilings today.
Light Liner welcome to the thread.
Old Goat enjoy the rest of NCAA Men's basket ball tournament
Hunts 2 long congrats on bowling team's first place league standing for second half of season. Looking forward to seeing your mount.
IFF sorry to hear about boat canopy hope once boat is dug out/snow melts you find no damage to the boat.
Ice Wanderer assume all went well at the doctors . Be safe and enjoy remaining ice
Eddie I think UMBC is the new Gonzoga neither school was well know until scoring major upset wins in NCAA Men's B-ball tournament. May parts/parts arrive at repair shop soon and you have your truck back before weekend.
Whopper Stopper glad ground held up and with "Girls" help you finished part of side job.
Wallyworld happy to read recent power outage at your sons was not as bad as one earlier this month. Hope your area of NY. is not predicted to receive major amount of Snow from coming storm.

Everyone have a safe and good day. Exercise caution if hitting the late season ice..
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12006 on: Mar 20, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Good Evening Everyone! :bow:

It got too late this morning so I had to skip posting, figured I would do it now.

My side job is going well and I expect to finish it tomorrow if everything works out. There are a total of 15 spruce trees that I am removing from a back yard. The trees are about 16” in diameter but they all are about 90’ tall. I knock them down and cut whatever my 4 wheeler can drag, then pull it around the side of the house, to where my chipper and trailer are. The lady has all kinds of staked plants and trees that I have to work around, but so far she is very happy.

TT here is something you may enjoy. The guy had told me he feeds a good sized flock of turkeys. I don’t know what I was dreaming about this morning but when I walked around the house into the back yard all hell broke loose. There were about 35 turkeys that took to the air about 10’ in front of me. Wings beating, some gobbling, all of the scared to death, talk about jumping out of your skin :woot:.

One other noteworthy item to mention. About 1pm the lady came out with what I thought was a flower vase ???. Come to find out it was a drink she had made me. She walked over to a couple of chairs on the deck and she asked if I like cherry coke. It’s not my favorite but I was parched and said you bet! I took a good sized gulp and and felt the hair on my arms and neck stand straight up. I said what the heck is this? She said it was Cherry Coke mixed with a pint of Crown Royal. Balls!

We sat out in the falling snow for over an hour before I finished it all off.

What a way to end the day!

Hope everyone is having good evening!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12007 on: Mar 21, 2018, 03:32 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 21* here on my hill a lot warmer than yesterday!
                          Marv........Sounds like a good drink to me, did you have another? lol :roflmao:
                          I'm going to make this short this morning, we are hitting the ice a little earlier than usual. The Russians are coming. The other day a guy came out
                 to see if we were catching and saw some of the fish that was on the ice and he said he was coming back today with some friends. So we have some more
                 of our friends coming and we are loading our area.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump day either at work or fishing!

IW                   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12008 on: Mar 21, 2018, 06:47 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts & prayers to all involved in the Maryland school shooting  :'( :'(  What a crazy world we live in today  :(  :(

IW.....good luck on the ice today, hope you & your friends beat the rush  ;)

WS....who was more startled the birds or you  ??? :roflmao: glad the job is going well & home owners are happy  :thumbsup: proceed with caution if any more refreshments are offered  :roflmao:

MrC....fingers crossed Toby doesn't hit your area too hard, we seem to be out of the line of fire this time thank goodness  ;D

IFF.....so sorry to see the picture of the snow & trapped boat  :'(  sure hope there's no damage beyond the canopy

H2L.....congrats on the 1st place standing  :flex: :clap: 

Eddie.....hope the gremlins didn't visit this morning  :nono: 

Not much happening in this neck of the woods, just waiting not so patiently for the snow to melt and spring to return  ::) 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12009 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:03 AM »
24* and cloudy.

Glad to see that IW is still getting out on the ice. There are some very nice perch in this lake, but they are so "hit or miss" that very few ever go out on the ice after pike and walleye season closes. Next week they should close the dam so the lake will come up. It has to come up a little over 15 feet to get to normal May levels. Most of that runs past the house, if I could only charge for it...lol.

Up in the woods, every bare patch of south facing ground had deer on them yesterday PM. Some are showing signs of loosing their winter coats, most look in good shape. Still a lot of snow in the woods.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12010 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Good morning ERs. I have been following along silently on here for a few weeks and hadn't felt compelled to chime in yet but I am starting to feel like a stalker so I thought I would at least introduce myself! ;D My name is Kris and I'm from the Southern Tier of NY between Binghamton and Elmira. I was born and raised on a dairy farm, left 7 years ago and worked construction installing runway and taxiway lights at airports around the northeast, then rolled that over into a career with the FAA based at the Elmira airport 2 years ago where I now work on systems that the aircraft use for guidance and communications. I am married with 2 little girls- one is 10, the other is 5. Life is busy so I don't get out fishing nearly as often as I would like, but I always manage to get a handful of trips in each year. I may chime in from time to time, but probably not every day. Good luck to those battling some kind of problem- health or otherwise. Also, good luck to anyone who is still able to get out chasing the swimmers. Have a great day everyone!  :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12011 on: Mar 21, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Welcome aboard Deerefishy.

I thought I had better chime in as I have been busy the last few days and have not posted.

Here is hoping this latest storm does not hit you people to the east too bad. A big high pressure system has kept it to the south of us. It has been sunny but not that warm due to a NE wind.

I need to message my primary Doc as they have not posted the results of the drug screen yet. I want to know if I am a drug addict or not. With the two gals working in the lab that day it is hard telling what happend.

I am worn out this morning after tearing the top off of the vanity in one bath room yesterday so I can replace it after painting the room.

They have started  to bring one of our big impoundments back up to level.  They lower it every winter to keep from having flooding from spring run off. It caught the early run off from the snow melt  and rain with the Feburay melt down.

Hopefullly I caught all of my typing mistakes as spell check stopped working after it red lined Deerefishy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12012 on: Mar 21, 2018, 10:28 AM »
TOM, We might as well admit it, we're IS addicts
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12013 on: Mar 21, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone! :bow:

Welcome to the 9:45 deerefishyfishy :clap: Hope you continue to write when compelled. It seems like there is always something going on among the crew. TT always says this is the best thread on the internet and I think he is spot on :thumbsup:

I just hit the recliner after finishing my side job. It's been awhile since I have had a 3 day job but the home owners made the time fly. I will be going back to their house this fall and knocking down a couple big oak trees.

This morning I had finished cutting and loading the last of the pine which left a bunch of raking and stick pickup to do. My drinking buddy came out of the house and said "wouldn't it be easier if we made a fire?" I had been thinking about that for a while but wasn't sure if they would go for it. Anyway we started a fire and she helped me rake the whole yard. The lady is 77 but runs a wheel barrow and a rake better that a lot of teenagers. She said she was going to miss not having me around and that I had best stop once in a while to visit. I already have 7 on my visiting list, but there is always room for another.

25 years ago I started getting more into the side work. I have never advertised and all work is by word of mouth. My wife always sends the customer a Thank You card with a quick note and 4-5 business cards. You wouldn’t believe how often people haul the crazy card out and comment on it.

I just got off the phone with my sister. Everything sure sounds like it is going well and she is taking her therapy very serious. She does have one problem and that is muscle spasms. She said they have tried several relaxers but so far not much is helping. She is a tough old bird so when she said it hurts I believe her.

Hope you all have a nice evening, time for me to peel some potatoes.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12014 on: Mar 21, 2018, 07:11 PM »
WS
Word of mouth got me more work than advertising. Actually all of my work. It was slow one winter so I put an add in the newspaper. I never got a call of the ad. All the work I got was by word of mouth. Up until a few years ago I would get a call to install some carpet. I had to go on disability in the early 2000's. People that know you do good work are always willing to give out our name knowing you do good work.

Dang I wish I could work like that lady and she is two years older than me. I stop and see people every once in a while that I have worked for over the years. You might get a teenager to run a wheel barrel if it can me with a game boy on the handles.

IFF I think there  are a lot of IS addicts. Good bunch of addicts. IS addicts are way better than drug addicts.

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12015 on: Mar 21, 2018, 08:40 PM »
IS addicts are way better than drug addicts.
So true. I tell my wife that there are far worse things I could be chasing and spending my money on than fish... and far worse chat rooms I could be perusing online!  ;)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12016 on: Mar 22, 2018, 01:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those involved in that Maryland school shooting as well...
  A bit windy and 29* this am, high of 39 here today. Chance of snow showers for my area today, but appears this latest storm is staying south... :clap:

Deerefishyfishy...Kris, welcome aboard the 9:45!  :thumbsup:  Couldn't agree more with your last post...shoot, I learned how to almost type on here,  ;D. Looking forward to your posts!
  Marv..it sure makes things nice working for decent homeowners, makes up for the other ones! Glad everything went well for you and some more work coming, excellent! Great idea on the Thank You notes...:thumbsup:  now, about that Crown Royal and Cherry Coke?...how was it???   ;D
  Tom...hope the bathroom job goes well for you, careful putting that vanity back in Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...enjoy that warm weather out in the Mile High area today! Best of luck with the Walters ...:thumbsup:
  H2...I've been seeing a lot of deer and quite a few turkeys now on my drive home, much less snow and even some open pastures now down below. Hoping we get a slow thaw with all the snow here yet.
  Wally..crossing fingers no snow shoveling for you today either!  :thumbsup:  Didn't have any trouble with the gremlins yesterday, just running behind for another 4am start. Reunited with my truck yesterday!!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...how did the Russian invasion go yesterday??   ;D. Hope you all did well, looking forward to your report, best of luck today if heading back out!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..wondering how the snow is down your way? Heard NYC area might get upwards of 12-15"...that could cause some problems down there. Hope your area isn't getting hammered!

Finally got my truck back... :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:   Mechanic was apologetic for the delay, and the price was actually very reasonable, but that's all the work he'll ever see from me again aside from maybe an inspection.
  Another 4am start this morning, so will check back in to see how everyone's doing today...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12017 on: Mar 22, 2018, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 28* here on my hill with wind in the forecast, the weather cat did not want to go out!
                          Welcome to the morning addiction deerfisyfishy, maybe fishy will be your nickname for us. ::) I was hoping you'd join in after the PM you sent
                me. We are a friendly group and welcome anyone who wants to join in. :clap:
                          Eddie,......I should have explain myself better yesterday. The other day a couple of Russian accent guys walked out to see if we were catching
                anything and when they saw the Lakers their eyes grew and said they would be back with friends. So we decided to flood our area with our close friends
                and make them find their own fishing spot. I know we don't own the lake but when we test the ice and put the time in we don't enjoy people encroaching
                on us. If they want to fish after we're gone that's one thing but just force their way in is not acceptable. :%$#!: We did quite well yesterday a bunch of
                Lakers and a couple of Salmon caught! :thumbsup: US 1 Russians 0 :roflmao:
                          WS.......Good work on the side job, sounds like you nave another advertiser in your corner. I like the idea of the Cherry Coke and Crown Royal. :clap:
                I'm going to have to try it! ;D
                          Bud.......I hope your warm weather continues so you can get out in the boat more! :flex:
                          Wally......It looks like we dodged the bullet yet again on this noreaster. :whistle:
                          Steve......Watching the news from NYC last evening, I see you should have had only an inch or two! :unsure:
                          Going to give it another try this morning, on the ice.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12018 on: Mar 22, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Morning all,

IW......good job on taking the gold yesterday  :flex: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Eddie.....glad you FINALLY got your ride back & the $$$ wasn't too bad  :clap: 

WS.....one can never have too many friends right  ???   ;D  time to ditch the "real" job & work for yourself  ;)2

Deere.....welcome  :)

TT.....hope the bathroom redo is going problem free  :)

MrC....hope you made it thru the storm with minimal amounts of snow  ;)

Some baking on the agenda today as we're heading to MA tomorrow  :woot: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12019 on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Waking up with stiff shoulder joints again this morning.  Must be from my weight lose diet.  :unsure: Could it be muscles are shrinking too ?  Hooking up the boat should work the kinks out.  Think its possible it might hit 72 today.  Hoping some Aleve with the coffee will put some spring in my step by the time I get to the lake.

Did someone piss off the ground hog ?  or Ole Man winter ?  Mother Nature maybe ?  See the East is still having to hunker down some.

Found a trolling rod got snapped, when the canopy collapsed, but no reason to panic Seems I picked up two trolling rods, when the Gander Mountains were liquidating.   :thumbsup:

Now I'm burning daylight.....So hope everyone's day is a smooth one.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12020 on: Mar 22, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Greetings 9:45ers thought my area might get bypassed by latest storm no such luck arrived late Wednesday night thankfully only 2-3 inches of snow. painter has most of house interior finished looks good. Between all the recent storms work and cleaning/clearing out house fell like a snow plow has run me over.
Deerefishyfishy welcome to the thread seen photo of your one daughter in NY. kids ice fishing pictures thread. feel free to post at any time.
Whopper Stopper you sure have picked up some different clients over the years with the side jobs between the beer drinker and now the Crown Royal and cherry coke drink maker. Hope I'm as chipper when I reach 72 .
Ice Wanderer always others looking to benefit from someone "s fishing knowledge may the Russians not ruin your spot.
Tom Turkey all the best with bath room remodel , no offense but think you are like many Americans a prescription drug addict who gets addict to the drugs that make life more tolerable for each respective person.
wallyworld a safe trip to MA. figured you would be on the roadways next week.
Eddie glad you have your truck back and repair bill was not high.
IFF sorry to hear about trolling rod good to hear no damage to the boat or canopy frame work.

Have a good Thursday .
Steve

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12021 on: Mar 22, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! Like I said, I may not post all the time but I'll be around!! Stay dry, safe, and healthy, and keep your lines tight!  ;D

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12022 on: Mar 23, 2018, 01:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* with some wind this am, high of 39 here today.

Steve..glad to read you didn't get hit too hard with the snow down your way, nice!  Sounds like the painter is moving right along as well, any idea on when you may put the house on the market? 
  Bud..72* temps would surely knock down some of the snow here, lol. If hooking up the boat didn't take the kinks out of your shoulder, hopefully reeling in some Walters did....best of luck if hitting the water again today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels today to you and Mr.WW...not sure what was in the oven yesterday, but I'm sure the grandchildren will be happy!! Have a great visit!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... :clap:  :bow: :thumbsup:  way to go!! Congrats to you and the group....think I might have met those fellas you mentioned up in Pulaski!   ;D. Good luck today if heading back out!

Starting at 4 again this morning, looking forward to the early quit! Will check in to see how everyone's doing around break.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12023 on: Mar 23, 2018, 03:49 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, ER's.
                         It's 26* here on my hill, the guessers are saying a chance of snow.
                         Eddie.......The Russians came and tried a different spot but didn't have any luck. How's your truck running? ???
                         Bud..........Everyone I talk to is tired of winter and they are looking forward to temps like you're getting! :woot:
                         Steve.......I'm glad you escaped the major part of the storm. :clap:
                         Wally........Have a safe trip to your family in Mass.. I'm sure the grand kids are waiting for some of your baking treats! :woot:
                         We're heading out again today, we want to take advantage of the ice while it's here. :flex:
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12024 on: Mar 23, 2018, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck on the ice today IW :thumbsup:

Have a good wrap to the week Eddie! Any weekend plans?

WW safe travels to you and Mr WW :thumbsup: What was in the oven ???

Bud our new Gander Outdoors opened yesterday, the parking lot was packed.

I have to go for my CDL physical this morning. I am sure there will be some reason I can only have a health card for 1 year, what a racket they have going :cookoo:

Tonight the Bellamy Brothers are in the area so we are going to take them in. They always put on an excellent show. The down side is they are preaching 1-10" of snow moving in around 10pm through tomorrow morning. I am also sick of the snow and very tired of the forecasters trying to scare everyone into cancelling or changing plans. I told the wife I will drink water tonight so if we get dumped on I can drive home.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday! Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12025 on: Mar 23, 2018, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......hope you filled the boat with eyes  :)  sorry about the achy shoulders  :(

IW.....good luck again today, next week might end things for good  :-\

Eddie.....early end the week again yay  ;D  enjoy

MrC....sorry you got snow out of the last storm  :'(  fingers crossed it's over now  ;)

WS....10"  :o :o  sure hope not  :%$#!: :cookoo:  enjoy the show tonight  @)

Heading out shortly, looks like clear sailing  :clap:  Have a few hockey games to catch and a science fair to attend so we'll be on the go all weekend ;D  I might be getting too old to keep up  :woot:

Have a good Friday & a great weekend whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12026 on: Mar 23, 2018, 06:36 AM »
26* this morning. Snow is starting to go in the yard. Got up to 47 yesterday.

IFF, it is going to be awhile before I get my boat out. Sounds like some nice weather you are having.

WW, have a good trip.

IW, Hope you have some luck on the ice today. Be Safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12027 on: Mar 23, 2018, 07:54 AM »
Good morning everyone, most of snow from last storm has already melted weather guessers calling for scattered rain/snow showers this afternoon see what happens this time.
Eddie hopefully by late April/early May house will be on the market still have one legal problem to clear up with the county. We had to file new paperwork for property title change house is still listed with county under my mother's name need to get that corrected before putting house on market.
Ice Wanderer enjoy the late ice remember safety gear. Also keep any fish you catch hidden in case your new found comrades pay a visit.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the show tonight may snow fall be limited.
Wallyworld keep up with the activities best that you can , what project was done for the science fair.

Have a safe and good Friday everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12028 on: Mar 23, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Ice Wanderer enjoy the late ice remember safety gear. Also keep any fish you catch hidden in case your new found comrades pay a visit.
Steve

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12029 on: Mar 23, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is having a good week, having internet issues and unfortunately not able to go anywhere makes it difficult to get online. Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.