Author Topic: Your Favorite Burger  (Read 2876 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Your Favorite Burger
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Let's face it. there ain't much better than a great burger.

My fav is;
1/3lb 85/15 Angus cooked to 155 deg.
Lettuce
Tomato
White onion
Bacon
American cheese
Pickle slices
Ketchup
Mustard
Mayo
On a toasted hard roll

Salt pepper and a good dash of Spicy Steve's Volcanic Ash :woot:

What's your Favorite burger?
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Your Favorite Burger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Cowboy burger.

1/4 lb patty cooked medum well
american cheese
your favorite  barb-b-q sauce
deep fried or beer battered onion rings

put on a guinness roll.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:17 PM »
1/4 lb patty cooked medum well
american cheese
pickles
my favorite  barb-b-q sauce
fried mushrooms
deep fried onion rings
hot suace (Franks red hot)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Prime ground chuck, with a couple o' shakes of Worcestershire sauce mixed in, 2 medium patties, one slice of sharp cheddar and one slice of swiss on bottom patty, mold top patty over and seal edges. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Top with 1 halved strip of thick smoked bacon, BBQ sauce, leaf lettuce, and thin sliced tomato and purple onion on a corn dusted Kaiser roll. *slobber*
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:18 PM »
One half pound of ground caribou per burger, mixed well with chopped onion and a touch of garlic, some salt and good whack of coarse black pepper. Formed a bit thin into five inch patties, then broiled in the oven, or grilled over the coals, and served in a fresh sourdough bun with lettuce, tomato, old cheddar cheese......and lots of ketchup and Stompin Stampede bbq sauce on the side.

Ted

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:37 PM »
My sister raises red angus, and it more than often prime. This gives me a little advantage! Moral of the story, buy your beef from a farmer!! It seems like it tastes better when you can go visit the steer when it is still walking around and eating hay... ;D

PATTY MELT!!!

Cook a big old ugly oblong hand made 80/20 patty to medium-medium rare in a frying pan in it's own grease. It is important to use low heat so the meat does not get seared on the outside. When it is near done, move it to the side and fry a sweet onion such as a vidalia in the hamburger grease. Put the onyuns on top of the patty and drain the pan. Butter two pieces of your favorite bread and put one piece butter side down in the pan. Put a piece of swiss, american, cheddar, or provolone on the bread. Put the patty and onion pile (it should be a heap) on top of the bread and cheese. Put another piece of cheese on top of the onions. Put the last piece of bread butter side up on top. flip when the bread on the bottom is golden brown. you may need two spatulas to hold it all together for the flip. Mash it down a bit and brown the bread that is now on the bottom.

If done properly, it should be a big mess that takes two hands to eat. It will be greasy and the cheese will be oozing out the sides! ;D

I will not pay for a post meal cholesterol test, eat at your own risk!     

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:30 PM »
My god these sound good  :o........

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:20 AM »
Anyone I can get. There ALL GOOD.

Offline 9am53

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Freshly ground beef  and a little bit of bread crumbs, blue cheese, mozza, green onions and lots of crushed black pepper with some chili flakes in a mixing bowl.  Mix it up good, make 1/3# patties grilled on charcoal to medium (still pink) topped with grilled onions on a crusty ciabbatta or rye bun

Offline Superpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:28 AM »
Ground Venison, Bleu Cheese, Onion Soup mix.  Mix quickly, form patties, BBQ, top with whatever you like.  BBQ must be charcoal, with LP you might as well just go to Burger King for a Jr. Whopper.

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:56 AM »
I think I came to the conclusion that I am starving.

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:43 AM »
3/4lb ground Moose meat
1/2 cup of sauteed Portabella Shrooms
1/4 cup of sauteed Vidalia onions
1 slice of Cabot's Garlic and Herb cheese
form 2 patties and layer Shrooms, onions and cheese between the 2 patties
Grill over applewood coals till Medium rare
Top with condiments
Install feed bag and Have at it !!
Bullwinkle Ambrosia !!

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Does In and Out count?

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2012, 03:14 PM »
1/2 lbs 80/20 hand formed patty at room temp seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper cooked to medium on the weber
grilled onion slices on the weber (thickly sliced onion drizzled with evoo with a dash of sea salt, fresh ground pepper and chili powder)
3 slices of bacon
pepper jack cheese
kosher dill pickle slices
lettuce
tomato
dinosaur bbq sauce
on a grilled kieser roll

Offline Crazy Joe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:12 PM »
Man,they all sound great..
Here mine
    1 1/2 pounds ground beef
    1/4 cup beer (such as Sam Adams®)
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger whiskey (such as Jack Daniel's®)
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
    Combine the ground beef, beer, Worcestershire sauce, whiskey, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix until evenly combined. Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
    Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 5 to 8 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

"If it was that was, everyone would do it"

MA Anglers.com

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Ground Venison, Bleu Cheese, Onion Soup mix.  Mix quickly, form patties, BBQ, top with whatever you like.  BBQ must be charcoal, with LP you might as well just go to Burger King for a Jr. Whopper.
  i was just going to write about my venision burger but yours is very close.

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:10 PM »
  i was just going to write about my venision burger but yours is very close.

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:20 PM »
  i was just going to write about my venison burger but yours is very close.
ditto.

Any venison recipe is better than beef(unless you "dropped" the cow yourself).Its the experience that adds that final flavor that cant be bought in stores!!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline 4ssss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:23 PM »
My favorite burger is a Barneveld Burger from Van's Tavern in Barneveld, NY.   Add 8 shrimp cocktail and some fries and it's the best 9" plate size burger you'll EVER have for 6 bucks.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:37 PM »
The nearest real town to me is St. Cloud MN. It is a college town so it is loaded with burger and pizza places. My favorites in this order that I suggest you visit if ever in STC...

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
Val's
Best Burger Ever
Burger Time

These four all understand that a good burger should be dripping with grease and cheese! ;D

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:25 PM »
My favorite burger is simple.  One pound fresh ground round, Half pound Bacon, American, and Cheddar cheese.  Fry half the  Bacon let cool and finely crumble.  Mix the bacon with the ground chuck and One egg.  Make TWO [yes Two] patties, fry in black cast iron skillet with some of the bacon grease from frying half of bacon.  Fry patties One degree past rare, add cheese and cook till Two degrees past rare lol, then add the rest of the bacon plate on toasted sour dough roll add lettuce, tomato, spicy brown mustard, and mayonaise. Eat em up.  It aint healthy but its yummy,lol. :P
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline eyesonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:00 PM »
These all sound great here is mine:
Lean ground sirloin (2 lbs.)
Sweet onion (about 1/2 cup chopped up)
1 egg
2 dashes of worcheister
crumbled bacon about 2/3 cup
6-8 saltine crackers crushed up
Mix all together and form into 4 patties
Grill until med well
Put on toasted hamb bun with a slab of cheddar cheese and sliced pickles.
FLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA;

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:12 PM »
All sound great!!! 

Biggest taste factor is cooking method

CHARCOAL  ALL THE WAY!!!  no lighter fluid (chimney starter with paper)

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:18 PM »
My favorite burger is a Barneveld Burger from Van's Tavern in Barneveld, NY.   Add 8 shrimp cocktail and some fries and it's the best 9" plate size burger you'll EVER have for 6 bucks.

Tuggers and the Osceola Hotel both make a great burger too...IMO.

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2012, 03:59 PM »
the biggest hit in my house is the flying terriyaki sliders!

1/2 lb lean beef (Deer, Elk, and Antelope also work well, don't try Bear)
1/2 lb ground duck breast (Pheasant, Grouse, Chicken or Turkey will also work)
1 egg
1 slice white bread
1/2 cup soy
1/2 cup gingerale
1 tb white seasame seeds
1 can pineapple rings
sliced pepperjack cheese
lettuce
tomato
mayo
12 potato rolls

Start about 2 hours before by mixxing the soy sauce, gingerale, seasame seeds and a few dashes of the pineapple juice in a gallon baggy, add ground duck breast (chicken or turkey will work if you don't sling a gauger in the marsh).  mix the meat well and put it in the fidge for 30 min to 2 hours.  remove bag from fridge and dump meat marinade mixture into a colander to drain off excess marinade.  rip slice of bread into little 1/2 inch peices in a bowl add marinated duck with lean beef and 1 egg mix thouroughly, divide evenly into 12 portions, squish each portion into a patty and grill until rare, add a slice of pepper jack cheese and melt.  throw a couple pineapple slices on the grill and soften them up with some grill marks.  cut rolls in half, slather the top half with mayo, on the bottom start with lettuce and tomato, add patty.  now for the finishing touch put a big chunk of pineapple on top of the patty put the top half of the roll back on...  ENJOY!   

For some heat add some pickled jalapeno's or mix the mayo with a little sriracha chili sauce.  my wife likes to put some of that costco brand terriyaki sauce on hers, my son likes his roll grilled too.

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:59 PM »
My burger of choice is a 1/2 lb lean ground seasoned with salt and pepper just brown both sides in a pan or grill then take em off put them in a bath of johnnys seasoned aju then put them back on the grill until  desired doneness with a thick slice of pepper jack cook down some mushrooms, bacon, . grill a big kiser bun put chipoltle mayo on the bun add pickles,lettuce, tomato, add american cheese, then the burger,bacon,mushrooms and blue cheese then top it and serve with a big pile of waffle fries. This my friends is a trophy lol I been thinkin about adding smoked brisket to it someday for a little twist
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:22 PM »
My favorite burger is simple.  One pound fresh ground round, Half pound Bacon, American, and Cheddar cheese.  Fry half the  Bacon let cool and finely crumble.  Mix the bacon with the ground chuck and One egg.  Make TWO [yes Two] patties, fry in black cast iron skillet with some of the bacon grease from frying half of bacon.  Fry patties One degree past rare, add cheese and cook till Two degrees past rare lol, then add the rest of the bacon plate on toasted sour dough roll add lettuce, tomato, spicy brown mustard, and mayonaise. Eat em up.  It aint healthy but its yummy,lol. :P
the only thing that would make this better is moving the patty to the bun, covering them while you fried 4 eggs in the same pan/grease and then slid the eggs onto the burger.   give it a try.   eggs and burgers go together like. . . . . . according to forest gump, peas and carrots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.