Author Topic: wing recipes  (Read 1740 times)

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
wing recipes
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Looking for some good old wing recipes. Hot wings, mild Wings, different tasting wings any thing you got throw it out there please. thanks for any infor.

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: wing recipes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:12 AM »
I asked the same question a while back and the overwhelming response was also the simplest.
I deep fry the wings and then pour a mix of Franks Red Hot Sauce mixed with a big dollop of margarine that is heated in a seperate pan. My wife and I love them this way. My kids prefer honey/garlic so I just pour the commercially prepared sauce over theirs.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2011, 09:43 PM »
garlic wings,fry the garlic in olive oil untill it starts to get golden then put the cooked wings in a pot sprinkle with parmesan cheese salt pepper and pour the olive oil and garlic over them cover them and shake to evenly coat the wings,you can sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on them when you plate them and use as much garlic as you want

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2011, 04:55 AM »
Try Franks Red Hot and Wishbone Italian on your wings.

Put the Italian on first then the Franks. I sold thousands and thousands of pounds of wings this way back when I was ran a restaurant.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:29 AM »
Put the Italian on first then the Franks. I sold thousands and thousands of pounds of wings this way back when I was ran a restaurant.

RG

Ahhhh...... you used to run a restaraunt...... no wonder when I'm looking for a recipe and you have one listed with 10 other people, I always pick yours. I can't stand Frank's hot sauce..... but if I liked it... I'm sure that would be awesome. I adapted a recipe off of here a couple years back that was awesome.... I will dig it up in the next night or 2 and type it out.....

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2011, 07:14 AM »
When the weather allows it and the grill is fired up. I got a tumbler basket for the rotisory. Place the wings in the tumbler and grill away.
Mix BBQ sauce and hot sauce to taste and just before they are done (cooked not raw) take them out of basket and place in a large pan with the sauce and shake them to coat. Place them back in basket and grill to cook on BBQ sauce. About 5 min.  If you are useing propane try adding a few woodchips for that smoke flavor at this time. These wings aren't fried and less greasy this way. When done completely put back into sauce and shake again and serve. They should be slightly crispy.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2011, 07:26 AM »
I like to throw my wings in the smoker for an hour, then place them on the grill to crisp up the skin and finish the cooking.

When it comes to sauces I like to mix it up, and try different things, we have a restaurant close by that has 72 flavors of wing sauce, I like to read the menu and try to concoct my on variation.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:23 PM »
I love my wings on the Weber. Coat them with olive oil infused with garlic and cook them sloooooow. Hit them with your favorite sauce when they're cooked through and let it set up.

I have to back up.....CAN'T STAND FRANKS  :unsure:

I put that stuff on my Cheerios :woot:

So, what do you use for heat?
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:33 AM »
Well.... one of the reason's that I can't stand Franks is that I don't really like the heat....lol. So pretty much any wing recipie that calls for Franks.... I'll substitute with a tangy BBQ sauce or something like that..... and maybe a little liquid smoke.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:21 AM »
I see....
Good vinegar will add substantial tang without heat. Spicy is good too ;D Play with the pepper. I have a pepper grinder with a peppercorn and spice mix that I've worked on for many years.
Black, red, white and green peppercorns
Whole coriander
Celery seed
Dried Rosemary
Spicy Steve's Volcanic Ash (his private blend) You should probably skip that if you don't like heat.
Luzzianne Cajun spice
Sea Salt
Dried Crushed garlic

It's my "go to for flavor" spice.

RG

Offline wallyspartan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:07 PM »
i usually do the hot sauce/butter thing, but this one is good for a switch.

sweat a little garlic in some veg. oil, then add some teriyaki sauce and a bit of honey.  let cook down until a good coating thickness, then at the last minute toss some chopped green onions.  toss with the wings, then sprinkle in some toasted sesame seeds.  it's an easy one for a little bit of asian flair.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Ill see if i can find my peanut thai sauce recipe.  the recipe bakes the wings in the sauce. 

the meat falls off the bone. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Thanks for all the good ideas guys keep them coming!!!!!!

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2011, 10:54 AM »
Ok now that I know what I am looking for off with there wings.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2011, 11:42 AM »
I coat my wings with a rub then grill them.  When they are cooked I toss them in BBQ sauce or a buffalo wing sauce, and return them to the grill for a few minutes to glaze the sauce on them.  I remove them and toss them in more sauce then serve.  Really good, and messy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.