Author Topic: auger blades.  (Read 3740 times)

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
auger blades.
« on: Oct 21, 2005, 06:04 AM »
hey guys i am looking for someone to sharpen my auger blades.  my guy retired.  any suggestions?

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
Re: auger blades.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2005, 06:56 AM »
Rico you have the laser auger don't you? I get two or three years out of a set on mine, then just replace just a thought.

Offline goggleye57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2005, 07:21 AM »
I have a student whose dad can sharpen about any spoon, drill or auger, he lives just north of Kendallville.  Its a ways for you.  the Angler in Helmer will trade blades, he sharpens for them too.  I bought an extra set and then usually have a sharp set on hand.  What size do you have.  I think I have a new 5" set around someone gave me I don't need, mine is a 6 "

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2005, 07:55 AM »
no jigginstick i cant afford one of those "cadillacs"! i have a 15 year-old 6'' mora.  so those 5" blades wont fit goggleye.  i have about 5 sets of blades, so i only get them sharpened about every three years or so and every once in a while i buy a new set.  north of kendallville huh?  i was looking for something a little closer to me, you know down here in God's country where the men are men and the sheep run scared :o

Offline goggleye57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Hey I thought we were talking lazers for some reason - I have a number of sets of sharpened moras.  Dad passed away about a month ago and I inherited about 12 sets of 6 inch mora blades.  When we meet up at the honey hole or some place I could trade you a couple of sets for some dull ones.  Let me know - As of last count I have a lazer, 3 moras and 4 spoon augers and two spud bars ;D

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2005, 09:41 PM »
What about the kitchen sink Goggleye?
Fish on!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2005, 12:11 AM »
Hey I thought we were talking lazers for some reason - I have a number of sets of sharpened moras.  Dad passed away about a month ago and I inherited about 12 sets of 6 inch mora blades.  When we meet up at the honey hole or some place I could trade you a couple of sets for some dull ones.  Let me know - As of last count I have a lazer, 3 moras and 4 spoon augers and two spud bars ;D
yea what about the kitchen sink?  are all of those blades sharp?  we could talk some business!!!!!!!!

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I have a buddy who does his own with one of thoes WEN wet wheel grinders it really works well. He has sharpened some for me and other people too, if you have one or know some one who does they do a great job, easy does it! You just want to touch them up!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2005, 07:40 PM »
I have a buddy who does his own with one of thoes WEN wet wheel grinders it really works well. He has sharpened some for me and other people too, if you have one or know some one who does they do a great job, easy does it! You just want to touch them up!
consider myself a jack of all trades guy!(master of none)  have tried sharpening them myself in the past...did alright but not as good as a pro!!!!!!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:10 PM »
i got it taken care of gents...i found an "old timer" in peru that does it.  40 miles for me, but i am working over that way at the present.....

Offline goggleye57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2005, 12:21 PM »
There's an old guy in Peru they call Grizzly, he lives over by the hospital.  He used to be able to sharpen any kind of augers.  When I lived down in 12 Mile he sharpened some spoons for me and did a great job.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2005, 09:47 PM »
12 Mile 500? I used to live in Logansport and we went through 12 Mile on the way to Denver.(Indiana that is!) Go Berries!!!!
Later Greg
Fish on!

Offline goggleye57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Used to love to fish on Fletcher's Lake - beautiful bluegills

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2005, 11:40 AM »
My aunt by marrage parents used to live in the A-frame on the one end of the lake. I went up for a couple of days fishing with him, had
a great time. Now he has passed and his great-grandson is playing
football for Logansport tonight against Dwenger.
Later Greg
Fish on!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2005, 02:19 PM »
There's an old guy in Peru they call Grizzly, he lives over by the hospital.  He used to be able to sharpen any kind of augers.  When I lived down in 12 Mile he sharpened some spoons for me and did a great job.
small world...that is the guy!!!!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2005, 02:29 PM »
hmm find anybody yet..
Hard Ice

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Bishop Dwenger 23 Logansport20. Just got home from game. Best high school game I seen in a long time!
Later Greg
Fish on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.