Author Topic: Lake maps  (Read 1744 times)

Offline ice-PAC

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake maps
« on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Does anyone know if any true lake maps exist for Deep Creek?  I have seen bathospheric maps but am having trouble finding a contor map.  Plenty of contour maps for around the lake can be found.  Last winter I had bookmarked a website that had a link to a contour/lake map but can no longer find the website.

Offline PAluke

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake maps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:26 AM »
This is a very useful site.  I have the app on my phone too.  Even more useful once your on the map.

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@40.298100,-78.392600,6z

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Agree. You can scroll around & zoom in. I take a screen shot & print it out when I go. Almost makes me want to get a smart phone just for the navionics app.    :)

Offline Denuh Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:01 PM »
Awesome stuff.  Has anyone tried the SonarPhone/fishfinder feature?  Can't really figure out exactly what it does from the description.

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Hi, I have to questions, does the app show your current location and how much it is after trial?

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:42 PM »
The app shows your current location  and will show direction of travel while navigation to a waypoint.

The app is 10 bucks it will be the best 10 buck you spend for fishing.  DCL has a decent amount of contour info on it. 

Offline Douger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2015, 07:03 PM »
The app shows your current location  and will show direction of travel while navigation to a waypoint.

The app is 10 bucks it will be the best 10 buck you spend for fishing.  DCL has a decent amount of contour info on it.

hess is absolutely correct about this being the best 10 bucks you spend.  I have had it now for 3 years and I use it everywhere, DCL, Lake Champlain, Lake Anna, Potomac River; and you can get routine updates, I believe that feature costs an extra few bucks, but I get updates all the time.  I have it on both my iPad and iPhone, I prep with the iPad and carry the iPhone right out on the ice and walk right to my spots.  Sweeeet.

Offline Bear Lake Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2015, 12:28 PM »
 :tipup:great stuff, thanks for sharing with the group!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.