The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dailey Lake  (Read 2035 times)

Offline wallydog

• IceShanty Rookie
Dailey Lake
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Thinking of checking out Dailey Lake this weekend.  Anyone been there recently or heard any information?  Thanks.

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dailey Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Looks like the Dailey Lake info is top secret, Wallydog!!

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 03:52 PM »
I think most people would rather say nothing then admit that they got a skunkin! Last year I could make a haul at daily's, usually 10 -15 fish in an hour or two, which is not great compared to the by gone days. The perch by dailey lake standards are big, 9-12 inches. I think I forgot how to hold my mouth. There are fish on the camera but they are sluggish acting. I can bounce my pimple off their back and they just keep cruisin. I have only caught 7 fish in 5 trips, all fish in 1- 2 hour trip. Last night, my dad 4 feet away, caught three I got the skunkin. The ice was a hard 10-12 inches, but had some water on it. I will keep killin maggots you send the luck.
Ya gotta be tuff when yer dumb

Offline wallydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Thanks Rooster.    Think we're going to try anyway and will report back.

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:25 PM »
My father caught 14 perch two nights ago. He said he caught 1 for every 10 on the camera.
Ya gotta be tuff when yer dumb

Offline wallydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:43 AM »
Thanks rooster,  We didn't go this weekend just assumed that as much as it was howling here, Dailey would be worse

Offline mtjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:16 PM »
Has anybody fished it recently? I am going to Livinston this weekend and I thought I would hit it, the last I heard it wasn't fishing well, and I was hoping it had gotten better.

Offline fishawn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:03 AM »
I had a buddy go over there last Saturday and caught two perch. His friend was tlaking it up about catching 50+ the weekend before so apparently the fish weren't below their holes, his friend was lying, or my buddy just brought his bad luck to the lake. Can't say what they caught their two fish on either, but would guess a swedish pimple and maggots.
Fish Ninja

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:45 AM »
I don't go to daily much anymore because I hate the wind.  Really I hate the wind.  When your buddies get blown across the ice its to windy.  Lost buckets, tackle boxes, and a close call on a hand auger make me hesitate whenever I think of heading down there.  What I can say is that from our experience was you had to get there early.  Just before daybreak was always the best and more often than not once the sun hit the ice the bite slowed dramatically.  Ice is always spooky down there too because of the wind.  Ive seen were the ice had been broken up by the wind and then refroze with chunks of broken ice froze back in.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

iceandwiskey

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Fishing on Daily has been real slow this year!!  Early, mid day and late... 

Offline fishforfood72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:35 PM »
been there twice this year not even a bump last year did dam good  on perch   :o
(PATHFINDER)

Offline mtjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:51 PM »
went on sat it was pretty slow we had to move a lot it seemed like you would catch 1-2dink perch per hole. we only caught 2 keepers and probably 15-20 fish total between 3 people in 6 hrs.

Offline Bowhunter4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's always somethin'
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Has daily picked up any at all this year. I have heard good and bad reports floating around. Dont know what to believe.  :tipup: :tipup:
Rooney

Offline bucky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:11 PM »
If you're heading to Dailey, take a swimsuit with you.  Drove over there this morning to find open water 50-100 yards wide running along the entire east side and wrapping around the north end.  It was warm and windy today so it may be half open by now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.