The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: More picts  (Read 925 times)

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
More picts
« on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:54 AM »
[imghttp://][/img]

Sorry, still practicing

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: More picts
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:05 AM »
[imghttp://][/img]

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:14 AM »
[/URL][/img]

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 12:07 PM »
Dude, are you fishin' for "Dog Fish"?!?!?  :o

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Only black ones:)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2015, 01:16 PM »
looks like in your top picture, that sled it wanting a set of cross country skies cut down to fit the bottom length. or instead, maybe 2 sled runner bottom savers on the same sled runner. so two on the left runner and two on the right runner. maybe one down the middle too. i just bought a set of otter sled savers from amazon for 38$ for 5 of them 4 feet each including hardware. they are 1 1/4" x 3/4" x 48" each.

i never have seen a design like that one. nothing in the middle to support items inside the sled. you can see it still makes ground contact tho.
looks like you got it sealed off good.

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Thanks, sleds about ten years old, I saw those runners you recommended. Didn't evan know they made those, going to start out making a smitty sled over spring break first and see how that works out next year. Now that I know how to do pict. I'll keep you posted on the sled and the fish next year. I know I sure enjoy seeing everybody else's picts.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2015, 01:53 PM »
you will like the smitty sled, but for snow covered days. you can still have the savers bolted on too or cut down cross country skis so they just fit your tub. the front of the ski sits in the front of your tub and cut the back of the skies to match the length of your tub or get the runner savers.
my smitty sled hardly got used this year, well, the first half at most it did when we got lots of snow. i took my snow blower out onto the ice and made a trail when it got hard to walk on tho and then the smitty sled wasn't needed again.

if you add the runner savers, it does a few things besides saving the plastic, it pulls a lot easier (less friction/drag) and tracks straighter and has less noise.

i have them on my flip over shappell and like them so much, i will never go w/o them again and like i said i just bought another set from otter to add to my extra large cabelas sled. i like the shappell extra large sled too and might  hold up installing the runner savers for it instead or just do all three if i get the extra sled.

one of my buddies who has about the same shack and contents as i do was complaining how hard his is to pull over the slush. i showed him how easy mine is in comparison to his. one finger pulling. i showed him another thing it would do after adding them. i would grab the back two corners and run and push it away and watch it go for a long way on its own. he is convinced now too and will be adding them. first he was complaining about costs and he could just buy a new tub, until he saw the other advantages like i am explaining to you.

maybe i'll dig up a picture or two for ya.

Offline Nwfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Thanks 3300

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:48 PM »
How do u mount the x country skis to the bottom of your sled?

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2015, 10:42 PM »
How do u mount the x country skis to the bottom of your sled?
i have not done that because i have the PTFE runner savers on mine. the skies could be done in a few ways. one being non-aggressive.  use a silicone/adhesive. scuff/rough sand surfaces first and maybe some denatured alcohol or mineral spirits or naphtha before gluing.
the other would be drilling holes and counter sinking the ski holes and using stainless hardware and rubber washer and flat washer on it and a locking nut on top of that stainless bolt. keeping it as short as possible. maybe a shot of silicon on the bolt hole area in a small  circle before placing the ski onto the tub at each bolt hole.
downhill skies won't work like that because they have the hump in the middle of the ski. you would have to make shims for it.
his wide runners look like a perfect place to add them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.