Author Topic: Banner Marsh?  (Read 1420 times)

1spot1shot

Banner Marsh?
« on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Anyone made it out to Banner yet this year?

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Banner Marsh?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2015, 09:10 PM »
I have never been to Banner but I drove by there today for work. Johnson Lake looks like a nice place to go. It is still covered with ice but I don't know how thick or condition of it. Looks pretty big to just randomly drill holes.

Can anybody give some advise about this place? Thanks
Shawn

Offline fishbowl69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2015, 10:40 PM »
I fish it a lot and I feel like I'm randomly drilling holes all the time. It's weird  loaded with baby gills and big bass in the wood and fair crappies and big cats in between  but it has lots of easy water to access. Theirs probably a little lake that's load with big gills in the marsh but I haven't found it yet.

Offline Crappie Day11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Ive fished it a few times and it was slow most of the time but if you get the catfish fired up its really fun.

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:10 AM »
I'm thinking of going to Johnson Lake Sunday the 1st.. Any advise on where to try first? I was going to park at dock and walk SE onto the big part in deeper water. There are so many necks and holes it's hard to describe. Also thought of driving to east side and trying it.
Shawn

Offline fishbowl69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Went to east Sunday and walked in off the end of the road. Caught a couple nice catfish and some little gills but that was about it.  Did get checked by the warden and after talking with him it sounded like most guys were catching little bluegills and and he said 9ish inch crappie. I've never ice fished main so I'm not sure what the scoop is on where the fish are but if your willing to walk and do some searching you should find plenty of fish. I think I'm done with the marsh for about a month or so at least until I can jig fish with something bigger then a 1/64 ounce  more like a 1/2 ounce black and blue   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.