Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1644319 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17160 on: Oct 06, 2019, 04:38 AM »

Good morning WS, Er's,
                         It's 37* and clear here on my hill another fine day ahead. ::)
                         Marv..........Your pictures that you posted were great, especially the Royal Gorge pictures, awesome. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                         I-45...........Looks like a nice truck, I'm glad you and Mr. Dickens can get to the park. :thumbsup:
                         Steve.........We had a lot of frost yesterday with the temp at 28*. :o
                         Wally..........Your suppose to plant a garden for yourself and one for the deer,Lol :roflmao:
                         Yesterday I went to Glens Falls and went through Warrensburg around 10 am, I took a back street to get around the traffic, but
                 when I got to Route 9 the cars were bumper to bumper for 4 miles coming from Lake George, the same on the Northway. It must have
                 really busy there, When I came home I took a route that didn't take me any wheres near Warrensburg.
                         Not much going on today staying away from town, I have a few things to do around here and then there is always Giant Football
                 at 1 pm.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17161 on: Oct 06, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Breezy 41* this am, low 60’s for a high today, might see some rain this afternoon.

Jeff...sounds like a big turnout yesterday, weather was decent as well...good boost for the local economy!   :thumbsup:  Hope things are going well for your M-I-L , best wishes sent to her and for your therapy tomorrow!
  Marv...excellent job on the pictures, brought back fond memories seeing that landscape and gorge again!  :thumbsup:  Those tractors pulling triples are a scarey deal, especially on steep grades...have you seen any of the runaway truck ramps with the sand pits to stop them yet? Will be looking forward to today’s adventures!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...crossing fingers that’s all the truck needs as well...what it really needs is a new owner, lol. Looking around for another one now, a little newer with less mileage.
  I-45... thanks for sharing the pictures, nice looking truck! Glad the problem was only a bad wire and the Fire Co. helped you out, must have been a tense moment...glad it all worked out ok!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...did your peppers survive the frost?

Had a good yield of Jalapeños and green peppers from the garden, froze quite a few for later use, but have been interested in making pepper jelly. Watched a bunch of videos yesterday, looks easy enough, so today will try my hand at that for the first time after a trip to Wally World for some supplies.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17162 on: Oct 06, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

45 degrees with 25mph winds, cool start, refreshing out there.

Heading to Leadville in a couple of minutes to take the train ride. It can be googled if anyone is wondering about it. The ride is 2.5 hours, and supposed to be very nice.

After that we are off to Golden Co. getting closer to looking for elk.

Hope you all have an excellent day. Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17163 on: Oct 06, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 34* here this morning. Been lucky so far and haven’t had to turn the heat on. House is still comfortable. Not much going on today. Church and the football game.

Ice Wanderer, continued prayers for your mother in law. Is she sleeping any better?

Mason Eddie, You can find anything on You Tube. My wife is a believer now. Good luck with your pepper jelly today.

Whopper Stopper, it is amazing how different states do things differently as far as the dot. Here in Mass you can’t keep up with the regulations. Glad your having a great time

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17164 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Morning all,

WS......enjoy today's adventures, will be checking out the train ride after posting  ;)2 :thumbsup:

IF45.....caps are great, lots of room but expensive  :-\  tonneau covers are less expensive but much less room  :unsure:  guess it mostly depends on what you'll be putting in the bed, a 5 gallon bucket with tip ups won't stand upright with a tonneau cover  :whistle:

IW.....glad the garage sale is bringing in a lot of business  :thumbsup: :clap:  good luck at therapy tomorrow  :flex:

Eddie....curious how you like the pepper jelly  ???  can't quite wrap my head around around the taste  :blink: 

Got the lawn mowed yesterday afternoon after it mostly dried out from the morning frost  :flex:  probably another 4 weeks or so until the mowers get put up for winter  ::) 

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17165 on: Oct 06, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Good Morning, good morning, everybody

Cloudy, warmer than yesterday

Ellie wants to road trip to NNJ to see leaves in color, High Point - Del. River-Water Gap-Port Jervis

Be back later

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17166 on: Oct 06, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky and a temperature of sixty head to 68 like Eddie's area of NY. chance of rain later today. I was on a cable news site before logging in here see drummer for early British Rock super group Cream Ginger Baker has died at the age of eighty. Also two sad events a bar shooting in Kansas City,Kansas and a attack on homeless people in the Chinatown section of NYC four people left dead from each incident.Prayers for all of the victims.
Eddie best with the truck shopping if you go that route I thought you truck was fairly new only purchased a couple years ago. See it is a somber weekend up your way with the first anniversary of the limo crash.Have fun making the pepper jelly may it turn out great.
Ice Wanderer good to have a knowledge of local road system or GPS hope you did not have to go to far out of your way to return home. May your Mil be sleeping well and have her blood pressure under control. Best to you at tomorrow's therapy session.
Whopper Stopper hope you were able to get some sleep after early morning reply to my post last night. Those triple trailer rigs are a different site to see also was a little shocked first time I was on a mountain road in Wyoming and noticed the lack of guard rails. Enjoy the train ride by chance is it the famous Silverton to Durango route on narrow gauge track. You and the girls have some Coors for all of us while in Golden. May you see some Elk today. Also keep a watch for the mythical Jackalope.
Icefisher-45 I received a notice from my property management company they were turning on heating system this past Friday still have my themostat set at 62 and my apartment is holding at 68. Helps to have only one exterior wall. Have a good day enjoy your new truck.
Wallyworld will not be long before you are shuffling equipment around in your barn to be ready for Winter snow storms. Has Mr.WW been seeing any deer at your hunting camp.
Capt.Jim hope things are different in the part of NJ.,Port Jervis/Delaware water Gap area. I'm around one hours drive east of port Jervis some color change but far from peak. Here is some info. for any future trips to Delaware Water Gap/ Port Jervis,NY. area in Milford,Pa. there is a restaurant called Jorgesens located in the Dimmick Hotel also in Mattamorris,Pa. the Holiday Inn has a nice Sunday Brunch. The Holiday Inn is close to interstate 84 and sits on bank of Delaware river paved walking area behind the hotel.

Have a Safe and good Sunday. Best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17167 on: Oct 06, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, went to Mass this morning. Interesting sermon on how people don’t take responsibility for anything. Didn’t do much after church. Headache is bad today.

WallyWorld, Thank you, Going to try and find a used cap for the truck. Has Mr WW seen any deer at the hunting lodge?

Mr Clean, It is helpful to have only one exterior wall.

Capt Jim, Hope you had a safe trip to NNJ.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. I hope everyone has a great evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17168 on: Oct 06, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

A long day of driving an sightseeing but we are finally in Golden CO. We started out this morning before light so we could make it to the town of Leadville for a train ride up in the Rocky's. http://www.leadville-train.com/  It was 32degrees when we started the open air ride that took in 2.5 hours before we reached the top. There were closed cars, but from reading many said it was best to sit outside for pictures. These pictures are all from our ride. The s-i-l took a couple hundred total, I wasn't anywhere close to that with my phone.

From there we did a couple scenic drives and to be honest after awhile pictures just seem to lack capturing the vast beauty.We have not been disappointing yet with anything we have seen. The Aspen leaves are definitely a week past their prime for color but the yellows are still gorgeous nonetheless. We again saw a fair number of antelope but are still waiting on our first elk. The locals say the peak part of the rut is over but we should still see some good numbers.

Tomorrow the girls are going to take in the Denver mint, and I am planning something just as exciting.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe and talk to you all tomorrow.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17169 on: Oct 06, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Good Evening, Gang

Cloudy with light mist, but warmer than at the 'High Point' monument - mid 60's at home

The road  trip was uneventful , to say the least, between the cloud cover, mist, and stiff breeze, there was more green on the trees than colored leaves, very disappointing
     It still felt good to get away for a few hours and see something different

Mr. Clean - Got the message, didn't do any exploring this trip, Ellie wasn't up to food searching, she had a bit of a cranky stomach, so will keep things in mind for next go-round,
     thanks for the info.

45 - How are you feeling, is everything fixed, or in better shape than before?

Mason - A helper, I hear, good, takes some of the heavy load off you

W.S. - Some nice pictures from Colorado, have fun

Just finished an estimate for painting and laminate flooring in a 600 s.f. condo unit, 7th floor, in Atlantic City, customer responded back already accepting price, now have to
     write the contract & get it signed, work for tomorrow, eyes very tired so more later

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17170 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Good evening overcast sky all of day light hours still no rain drops .
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear today was a bad headache one. The priest's sermon/homily does sound interesting.
Capt.Jim glad the message went through sorry your wife was not feeling well and the weather was not the best along with amount of color change. It has probably been five or more years since I was last in Milford, Pa. My mom and I used to meet friends who live in Pa. and have a vacation home by Lake Wallenpaupack (Spelling?) there for lunch. Nice little town with some historic sites and homes.
Whopper Stopper thank you for tonight's trip update looks like you had a good day for the train ride.  Great photos are all of them from your phone? Hope all of you get to see some elk before your trip ends any Mule Deer sightings yet.

A pleasant evening to all.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17171 on: Oct 06, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Good evening again!

mr.clean good evening to you!  Yes all I have for a camera is my phone. My s-i-l has a very nice Canon with a couple of lenses. I wanted to post the pictures as we went and the phone method is way faster than having her download them to me, and I having to go to the cloud with them and then fetch them back.

Also tomorrow afternoon we plan to take in the Coors tour. I will toast you all as I sample :thumbsup:

We have seen a few mule deer but nothing of size yet. I am looking forward to the elk portion of the trip. My wife said they wanted to get all the other stuff in before she lost me to the game spotting. She could be on to something.

By the way Eddie, we have seen a few of the runaway truck areas, but not that many yet.

I am off to bed soon, I haven't slept much on the trip yet, to dang excited.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17172 on: Oct 07, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  60* this am, rain expected throughout the day, high of 62.

Marv...that had to be a little nippy on the open cars yesterday morn! Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing!  :clap:
Hope you all have a great time today with the tours...enjoy the Colorado Cool-Aid!  The Mrs. and I said our “ I do’s “ in Golden!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...sorry the road trip didn’t pan out like you had hoped for, things are pretty drab around here as well. Congrats on the Atlantic City job... :clap:
  I-45...hope the headache has passed, best wishes sent today’s a better day!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...my truck is an ‘09 and still in decent shape, but it’s starting to nickel and dime me with things going on it and the salt is starting to take its toll on the undercarriage. Ready for something newer.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the jelly turned out pretty good! Made 7 half pints, Jalapeño/pear...took the seeds out of most of the jalapeños to reduce the heat. Tried some of the leftovers with cream cheese and crackers last evening, had a good flavor!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...good luck with the therapy today!    :thumbsup:
  H2...hope you and the team took all 4 points again last evening!   :thumbsup:

Weather guessers say we might see over an inch of rain today...that should cancel today’s concrete pour!   :clap:  ;D
  The boys went back for another round at the salmon yesterday....pretty slow from the texts they sent, although my son Mike landed one salmon and caught his first Steelhead!   :clap:
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17173 on: Oct 07, 2019, 04:18 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 58* and of course it's raining here as well. ::)
                      Eddie.........Congratu lations to Mike on his first Steelhead,  :clap: Maybe it's time you treat yourself to a brand new truck. :blink:
                      Marv..........Excellen t pictures, that is such a majestic place to see.  :thumbsup: Raise a couple for me. :whistle:
                      I-45..........Did you ever get that recliner for your headaches? I hope the headache passed. ???
                      Capt. Jim...I guess the leaf peeping isn't exciting yet or won't be. The leaves are not a bright up here, mot sure what's the cause
             of it. Cool summer, rain a lot who knows? ???
                      Steve........My M I L is doing well, she's sleeping better. She has to use a walker to get around for now, and a therapist will visit
             her at home. She needs help standing up but hopefully she will get back to normal soon. :flex:
                      Today is my first therapy appointment, mostly I think it's an evaluation session, I'm hoping that I'm ahead of where I should be
             at this point of time.
                      I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or dodging rain drops.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17174 on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:39 AM »
56* and light rain.
WS, you are having a great trip. Keep the pictures coming. Enjoy the "cool" one.
Capt. Jim, there is good color up in the hills, around the lake it is just starting.
Eddie, good luck with the truck search, it is never fun. Glad the boys got at least one fish. I don't see many reports over on MFF, but I think most have moved to that FB thing...lol
Ice-45, hope you are feeling better.

We took 3 of 4 points and think we may have moved into first place. I don't pay much attention to where we are this early in the season, it only counts on the last week. I bowled my avg.
The wife is heading out this morning for Rochester to see her sister for a couple days. She has been wanting to go and now is a good time, with the painters in here for a couple days.
Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17175 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Warm out this morning. 62* here and cloudy and windy. Headache is back to it’s normal pain level. Right now sleeping on the couch sitting up with my legs on the ottoman. The last offer on the settlement was insulting.

Hunts2long, Thats good your team is doing well. Hopefully your wife enjoys her time at her sisters.

Ice Wanderer, That’s good your mother in law is sleeping better and is getting around. Good luck today at physical therapy. With everything you’ve been doing I think you would be ahead of the curve.

Mason Eddie, sounds like your son and his friends are still having fun. Congratulations to him on the steelhead. Jalapeño jelly does sound good.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those great pictures. Glad your having a great time.

Captain Jim, Thats great you and your wife had a uneventful trip. How long will it take you to finish that job?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17176 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:04 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Mid 30's, it may kiss 70 degrees later today. It sounds like Thursday may see some bad weather with a high of 35 and a decent snow. We may have an indoor day, time will tell.

The girls are on their way to the Mint. They need to get in line 45 minutes or so early to be sure and get a spot on the tour. Afterwards they are going to take in the Fire Fighters museum https://denverfirefightersmuseum.org/.

I will catch up to them around noon when we are going to see how many Coors we can drink, when I toast all of you, and Eddie you get two for the I Do's here  :clap: https://www.visitgolden.com/places-to-go/coors-brewery-tour/

If my sources are correct, tomorrow I am finally going to go elk spotting :thumbsup: But before all that, something that I have been waiting to do for a few months already ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

I will check in later......

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17177 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:34 AM »
Good morning again :bow:

The girls are excited as they got their Golden Tickets to the Mint

Also Thanks for all the excellent tips people have offered over the last couple of months for things to see. We went over everything and we went with some. Unfortunately some of the drives went south when we found that some roads are already closed. Also the Buick is an awesome car but the clearance under the front bumper it about 4" so we had to stick to decent roads. A couple of the pull offs almost scraped.

That's it for now :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17178 on: Oct 07, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

We made it to the Coors tour, and enjoyed 4 glasses of product. I wasn't able to take many pictures, but I was happy to be able to see the operation.

We spent the rest of the afternoon checking out some of the stores. All in all another great day in Colorado.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Ft Collins.

This morning I enjoyed one of my planned highlights of our trip. A few months ago I got in touch with IFF (Bud) and asked him if it would be possible to meet up with him while here in Denver. Not only did he pick me up this morning, but we had a very enjoyable breakfast that he wouldn't even allow me to buy, plus good conversation. It was a privilege to spend a couple hours with him and it truly was a highlight. Bud is a fine example of what the 9:45 members are all about. Thanks again Sir!

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17179 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:31 PM »
WS...... :clap: :thumbsup:

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17180 on: Oct 07, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Was my pleasure Marv, I was going to add, a Colorado Visit you will not soon forget.  Least I will not. When I get a chance I will look for the "TP" adventure.   ;) ;)
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17181 on: Oct 08, 2019, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Damp 49* this am, but no rain today, high of 63.

Marv...one heck of a trip so far and a classic moment to boot! That’s so awesome you got to meet up with Bud, well done!!   :bow: :clap:  Safe travels to you all with today’s adventures, this has been a great ride ....Thanks for sharing it with us all here!   :clap: :clap:
  I-45... hope the headache has passed and today is a better day Sir! Maybe a good day for another walk with Mr.Dickens and some fresh air!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to the team on the bowling, hope your wife had safe travels yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..fingers crossed you impressed the therapist yesterday, hope it went well.  :thumbsup:  I don’t see a brand new truck in the future yet, but something newer anyway...sticker shocked again, lol.

Hats off to Marv for taking us along on this trip, what a treat!   :bow:   
  We got rained out yesterday but everything is on schedule for today. Mechanic had an opening early in the am, so truck is back in order and ready for new inspection today.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17182 on: Oct 08, 2019, 03:14 AM »
Good Morning ER's way to go bud meeting up with Marv. How close to landing that walleye were you? Marv keep the trip pics coming. Cold weather should be here in about 4 or 5 days. Maybe I can squeeze in an outing before it hits. Have a safe day and enjoy it.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17183 on: Oct 08, 2019, 04:33 AM »
Morning all,

WS......x2 on Eddie's and OG's comments, one heck of a ride  :thumbsup: :clap:  thanks for sharing  :bow: :bow: safe travels today

Eddie....glad the truck's up & running again  :thumbsup:  we were looking for newer used truck too until we figured out that with rebates and incentives new was actually a less expensive option  :whistle: :blink:

IW......hope therapy went well yesterday  :flex:

H2L.....hope MrsH2L has a nice visit with her sister and gets a chance to visit Wegman's  ;)2

Going to hit the lake for a bit this morning, see if there's any walleyes looking to play  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17184 on: Oct 08, 2019, 04:35 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OG, ER's,
                        It's 47* and some clouds for now, no rain in the forecast. ::)
                        Marv.........Good job meeting up with Bud aka IFF.  :thumbsup: I bet breakfast was good and a lot was discussed. :flex: How was the girls
                tour of the Denver Mint? ???
                       Eddie........My therapy session went well, my therapist said that I was way ahead of where I should be at this stage. :flex: She was impressed
                with my finger ladder and said that probably contributed to my recovery. I only have to go for one session a week for now but probably will increase
                it to twice a week when weight strengthening starts. :clap:
                       I-45.........I'm sorry that your headache was so bad, I hope that someone can figure something out. ??? I hope you can get a chance to get to
                the park with Mr. Dickens. :thumbsup:
                       H2L.........3 out of 4 points must keep you and your team in top place. :clap:
                       Wally.......You just posted while I was typing, have a good day on the lake. :flex:
                       Today my wife has asked me to come out to her mother's to help her get her mother to the Dr.'s for an appointment, so that's my day.
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out wetting a line or traveling our great country.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17185 on: Oct 08, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a rainy day. My wife is working today. She was up late putting together a basket for the church fair this weekend. She calls it game night has some games and a couple of movies and a bucket of popcorn.

Whopper Stopper, that’s awesome you got to meet up with IFF. Good that the girls had fun at the mint.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like your going to have a busy day. That’s good news your ahead of the curve with your shoulder. Dr says I will have a constant headache. Just have to learn to deal with it.

WallyWorld, Good luck today. Hope the fish want to play today.

Mason Eddie, That’s good news that your truck is fixed.

IFF, Thats great you got to meet up with Whopper Stopper.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17186 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:45 AM »
47* and cloudy.
Eddie, we sure did get a lot of rain. As of 6pm last night Wells had reported over 2 inches. It all has to come by the house. The river has come up.
IW, glad the therapy is going well. I find it strange that the local news doesn't do any reports on the World's Largest Garage Sale.
WS, thanks for the picture. It is always nice to meet-up with one of the members from on here. Glad the trip is going so well.
WW, hope the fish are biting. One last trip is always nice. Are you kidding me, the wife stopped at Wegman's BEFORE she got to her sister's.

What I am about to say is NOT the joke of the day...At 11am yesterday the painters called and told me they wouldn't be starting until Tuesday. The reason was, "it's raining". I told him "not in my living room". He said he didn't want to make a mess in my house. It's foggy this morning, I hope they can find the house.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17187 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

48 heading into the uppers 70's as the day goes on. They are still talking changing by Thursday. It sounds like we may even see some below zero temps if we go looking for it ???

We are about to take in breakfast in the lobby then once again on the road.

I will gather up some pictures between here and ft Collins and post them. But first time for breakfast.

Hope you all have an excellent day.

Stay safe.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17188 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Mid 30's this morning. Good weather until the week end then some rain. It looks like my plan to go over to the other place Saturday will be put on hold.

If I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all. I bought two fittings to go from Pex to CPVC locally. When I went to test them they the leaked bad. I will got to Home Depot when we are in the city today to get some thing that works. I need to get that fixed so I can put up the last of the drywall so I can finish it.

Marv It is great that you got to meet up with Bud. Your meeting him was the first thing I thought of when you said your were heading his way. your mentioning the truck run offs in the mountains brought back the memory of all of them going down the west side of Wolf Creek pass headed to Pagosa springs. I am sure there was some good views going down but I was too intent on not burning out my brakes. I by passed the pass on the way home. My 302 Ford did not like the mountains. Be careful if you get out in high altitudes as the sun is brutal up high. Easy to get a bad burn.

The weirdest part of that trip was when we were in the hot springs at Pagosa Springs on the way home. In the next hot tub over was some people I knew from back home.

H2L it sound like the painters are not that dependable. It sounds like a lame excuse to me.

IW I am sure that you are ahead of the game with what you did before starting therapy.

Time to get breakfast as the wife has an appointment in the city again today. The pain in her leg comes and goes.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17189 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Good morning another cloudy day so far with chances for rain  we had rain overnight weather guessers calling for a high in the upper sixties then cool off some tomorrow with a high of only sixty.
Eddie good to read you have your truck back. May the weather today allow you to work with the concrete. Enjoy your pepper jelly. Congrats to Mike on catching his first steal head.
Ice Wanderer keep up the good work nice to be ahead on progress with your shoulder surgery recovery. Have a safe trip to your MIL's may she receive a good report from the doctor.
Hunts2long congrats to you and your bowling team may everyone continue having a good season. Hope Mrs.H2L had no problems on her trip to Rochester. May the painters show up today.
Wallyworld have fun at the lake hope the walleyes are active today.
Icefisher-45 looks like it is now a struggle to find proper management program with your head aches so you can have a more "normal" life.  All the best to your church with the fair.
Old Goat hope you can get a fishing trip in before the cooler weather arrives in your area.
Capt.Jim congratulations on getting the Atlantic City job may the property owner be easy to work with and their be no surprises while doing the job.
Whopper Stopper happy for you things worked out and you got to meet IFF/Bud . Your camera phone takes good photos. How did the "Girls" like the mint and fire fighters museum. Have a safe journey to Fort Collins today . Has anyone had a wild game dish yet at one of your meals.
Tom Turkey hope Home Depot has the proper fittings so you can finish bathroom renovation. How is Mrs.TT's leg doing may the swelling have gone down.

May everyone have a safe and good Tuesday. best to all hunting or fishing.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.