Author Topic: Tube jigs  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tube jigs
« on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:11 AM »
Recently got some 3" tubes. My question is what is the best weighted jig head and hook to use in the 1/4 to 3/8oz range ???

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Tube jigs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:53 PM »
Hi Maddog,
With my tube jigs a regular 1/4 to 3/8oz regular ball head jig works OK.  Placing it in different areas of the tube jig will affect how it sinks in the water.
If you place the ball head all the way up to the front of the tube it will fall straight down the further back you go with the jig the more of a spiral action to the fall of the tube, especially with the lighter weights. Adding a small rattle chamber ahead of the ball head is another good option if would like some additional sound to you presentation.

The other option is using a standard tube jig hook. They are usually oval shape so fit the tube fully.
Check out tube jig heads at tackle warehouse for the different styles out there. ---> http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tube_Bait_Jigheads/catpage-TUBEJIGS.html

The tube jig head I use is similar to the "Danielson Tube Jig Heads 5pk".

Hope this helps. :)

WW

Offline taskercj04

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2015, 12:28 AM »
Provider Tackle Performance Series. Razor sharp and tough Owner hooks. And shape gives amazing action to tubes.
MHHHHHMMM Stockies .... It's what's for DINNER !!!!!!!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2015, 08:03 AM »
janns netcraft sells gamakatsu heavy hook tube jigs. i like 3/8 and 1/4 oz. these heavy hooks won't bend like the bass style tube jigs will. I've landed musky up to 20lbs. on them. buddy of mine landed a 12b. laker on one also. pearl tubes work on all species. good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.