Author Topic: Sitting in limbo  (Read 1039 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Sitting in limbo
« on: Mar 08, 2018, 01:57 PM »
I have been just sitting in limbo for the last few days. We have plenty of ice but got dumped on with snow last Monday night, and it is not settling down. It has been cold ever since. I am afraid to even try and go out with a snowmobile for fear of getting stuck in deep snow. We had 25 mph wind during the storm and the snow drifts are deep. This sucks  :(

Offline adkiceman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sitting in limbo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2018, 02:01 PM »
Amen brother
I’m feeling alright, I’m feeling ooooookay! - moe.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2018, 02:23 PM »
I have been just sitting in limbo for the last few days. We have plenty of ice but got dumped on with snow last Monday night, and it is not settling down. It has been cold ever since. I am afraid to even try and go out with a snowmobile for fear of getting stuck in deep snow. We had 25 mph wind during the storm and the snow drifts are deep. This sucks  :(

same friend, dont wanna mess with the ice and there is still ice so that means i cant go open water fishing, and i already put the sled away and dont want to pull it out again
~Good Luck~

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2018, 03:01 PM »
It can be a nightmare workout trying to get a sled off the ice after you get stuck a half a doz times in the same day.  Been there, done that, no fun.

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Lake Champlain has snow coming down and the ice is already opened at the shoreline. Plus the white perch is on = Sucks!

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2018, 07:29 PM »
How far is the walk ? Are snowshoes an option ? I have had  to use them before ....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:10 AM »
I guarantee if you walk in this crap 100 feet you will turn around and go home.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:39 AM »
I'm with you. I'm introducing a Resolution to the Conservation Congress at the Spring Meetings up in Vilas Monday April 9th and am praying to God we don't get anymore snow and that the crap that's on the ice melts off so I can do some Perch fishing without having to wear waders.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Last time I drove out I threw a couple of wooden pallets in the back of the truck to stand on. Otherwise you are standing in ankle deep water and slush. The good thing is that there is still so much ice when this snow finally does melt down we are still going to have 2 feet of good ice left. I have a good feeling we are going to be ice fishing well into late April. I don’t see this snow melting anytime soon. I had zero this morning again for the 3rd straight morning.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2018, 03:58 PM »
I made it out on Friday, the slush wasn’t bad. Snowmobile had no problem, but a truck would never make it. Ice was still thick as ever a good 25” - 26” about 3 inches of slush under a good 12+” of snow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.