New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver lake fishing  (Read 115764 times)

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Silver lake fishing
« Reply #360 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:32 PM »
I talked to him the other day, he says his supplier retired and not sure when he'll be doing bait again. The guy on w. Lake Rd is great.... Self serve stand with various sizes of bait fish as well as grubs and some tackle.

Does he have something to take that shows bait is certified ? In case of DEC.

Offline Iceyvein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #361 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Does he have something to take that shows bait is certified ? In case of DEC.
Yes. He has receipts with his cert. on them.

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #362 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Thanks. Planning to head there tomorrow.

Offline awolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #363 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #364 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:39 PM »
I thought that I had read a post yesterday on a scheduled pike tournament on 10 February but now I can't locate that post. If anyone has information on this event, I would appreciate the particulars. Thanks.
I would call the Varysbury Hotel and ask them if they are the one having the Pike Tournament.  They have one each year in Feb.  Good luck on your search.

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #365 on: Feb 01, 2019, 04:28 PM »
Does anyone know the hours for the bait shop on W Lake Rd? Thank you!

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #366 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:44 PM »
I thought that I had read a post yesterday on a scheduled pike tournament on 10 February but now I can't locate that post. If anyone has information on this event, I would appreciate the particulars. Thanks.

Look up "Wny Ice Fishing Report" on Facebook
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #367 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:54 PM »
24-7 the bait shop is open

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #368 on: Feb 01, 2019, 07:12 PM »
24-7 the bait shop is open
thank you, I appreciate it!

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #369 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Stopped and bought some bait at the self-serve baitshop today and talked with the owner. He’s been ripped off twice this week including once today. A few cheap losers are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #370 on: Feb 02, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Stopped and bought some bait at the self-serve baitshop today and talked with the owner. He’s been ripped off twice this week including once today. A few cheap losers are going to ruin it for the rest of us.
This is BS. He needs to set up a camera and post the pictures of these A-holes all over the net. What a bunch of low lifes. He's the only game in town. Maybe if these people are publicly shamed, it will slow down. I don't have enough contempt for these jerks that steal.

Offline mpsilverlake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #371 on: Feb 02, 2019, 03:56 PM »
He’s got a picture up of The guys truck that ripped him off. Can we post those pictures here?  So that we can help Higgins with this stuff?  I have been throwing in a few extra bucks each time to help him offset that nonsense. I figure he’s saving me 20 or 30 bucks in gas not having to drive to conesus. Got to go first bite!

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #372 on: Feb 02, 2019, 11:29 PM »
Fished out of Perry Public Beach from 8:00 to 1:00,  10" of solid clear ice, no snow ice.  Patchy snow on top, very easy drag.  Fished 35 FOW, bite was slow, only caught a few 8"-9" perch.  Moved to State Launch at South end at 1 pm.  Two of us caught over 40 perch in the afternoon, left the lake at 5:30 with (30) 8"-9" perch.  Ice was the same as North end.  There was a Rescue Team practicing ice rescue just to the left of the State Launch.  They had cut out large sections of ice to get to clear water.  When they left they did leave a few caution cones around the holes, but a machine moving quickly could drop into the open water, use caution in this area.

Offline Rynofirefighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #373 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Any ice reports? You one out today?

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #374 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:57 PM »
There were quite a few guys out on the lake today, any one want to give an ice report along with shore ice status? You don't have to give a fish report.  I am there every weekend and give an ice and fish report when I get home, so others may use the info., how about you guys this time.  Did not make it today but will report tomorrow nite.

Offline Jakemanges123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #375 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:23 PM »
I wasn’t out today by plan to get out there tommorow. Can post a report tommorow!

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #376 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Ice 8-10 clear off perry beach where I was today.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #377 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Went out of State Launch at 8:30 am and shore ice was OK to get on.  You could see where the shore ice had melted away and reformed out about 6-10 ft .  Did not cut a hole through the new ice but you could see it was not as thick as the main ice sheet.  3 solid wacks with the spud did not go through.  Main ice was 8" but you could see a lot of vertical streaks or lines going from the top surface to the under water surface.  This main ice sheet must have started to "Candle" (honeycomb) during the warm spell and rain last week.  The latest cold temps have refroze the ice surface and it is hard at this time but loaded with vertical streaks and cracks in all directions.  There were a lot of pike fishermen out on the South end in the AM.  Perch bite was OK for me in the AM but better just before dark.  Very little snow on the ice.

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
« Reply #378 on: Feb 16, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Planning to go out of Perry beach tomorrow. Never used this access before. How is the parking and how long of a walk to get to fishing grounds?

Offline hwfoa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #379 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Not a ton of parking generally just on the side of the road ,about a 50 yard walk to lake
JIG PAUSE JIGG JIGGG PAUSE

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #380 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Don’t forget the big hill....
When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #381 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:14 PM »
The parking at Perry Beach they don't plow very good if there is a lot of snow, and ya the hill is a brute, steep 45* at the lake and then about 15* for 50+ yds. to the road.  I fished Perry Public Beach from 8:00 to 5:00 today, 20 yds of shore ice was a little slushy with crust on top, but safe.  Main ice was 10" black ice with inch or two of white snow ice on top.  Patchy snow on lake, very easy drag.  Fished 33 FOW, perch bite was ok until noon then very slow after that.

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #382 on: Feb 16, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Plenty of room at in the perry beach parking lot. Room for maybe 12-15 vehicles. Yeah, the hill can be rough. Especially if no snow on the grass.

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
« Reply #383 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:07 AM »
 Thanks for that hill info. Saved my beat up old a$$. Went to west side golf club, much easier.  Could see that hill on other side. No likey. Fished noon till 5:00 in 35 ft. Partner got 20 perch, kept 6. I used slip bobber, kept icing up, no shelter. Got zero. LOST ONE ANTIQUE LOOKING CREEPER WITH BLACK STRAPS HERE. PLEASE PM IF FOUND   THANKS

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #384 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Looks like big landscaping and facility changes are coming to the perry town beach. Project in the works to refurbish the whole thing. Construction estimated to start in the spring. Maybe it’ll mean easier access to that spot for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn01/perry-public-beach-dreams-will-become-reality-in-2019-20181221&template=mbdn

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #385 on: Feb 21, 2019, 03:39 AM »
Looks like big landscaping and facility changes are coming to the perry town beach. Project in the works to refurbish the whole thing. Construction estimated to start in the spring. Maybe it’ll mean easier access to that spot for the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn01/perry-public-beach-dreams-will-become-reality-in-2019-20181221&template=mbdn
It won't.  The side street will be a dead end at the "drop off" which is intended for canoe/kayak use.  If you can drop your ice gear off there, you'd then have to drive around to the parking lot.  the parking lot will be another 50 yards up the hill.  I commented on this when it was first published.  No consideration had been given to ice fishing access at that point and I'd doubt anything has changed.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #386 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
 I fished South of the Silver Lake Country (golf club) today at the top of the deep water trench in 34 FOW from 8:00 to 6:00 pm and caught a few 8-10" perch.  Fish were under me all day but only hit on and off, see graph pic below.  I entered the lake from the East side and walked across the lake.   Shore ice was good and main ice was 10" with about 2" of snow on top.  The depth on my electronics was changing from 34.4'  to 35.1' that is a .7'( 6") change.  You wouldn't believe it but the strong wind today was causing the ice to move up and down like a wave similar to a wave on open water.  It is more noticeable on larger lakes but does happen on smaller lakes also.  There was a beautiful sunset.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #387 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Fished out of Perry Public Beach to the South from 8:00 to 3:00, shore ice was packed snow cover, not a problem getting on.  Main ice was 10" black ice with inch or two of white on top.  Main ice was mainly snow covered with 1-2" of packed snow, easy drag.  Fished 34 FOW, perch bite was slow all day.  Fish were finicky and required a constant jig movement.  Two of us kept (20) 8-1/2" - 10" perch.  Lot of fishermen out today from the mid lake area to the far North end.  ECNO officers were out and checking.

Offline iceman_phil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #388 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Has the Bluegill fishing made any sort of comeback at the South End?  Used to be good a few years ago, but went downhill the last couple of years due to lack of weeds.....Not looking for anyone's secrets, just a general report to know if it is worth trying it again this year....

Thanks,

Phil

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #389 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:27 AM »
They have been doing well on blue gill and perch down on the south end near the cattails
ice fishing for life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.