Author Topic: little bay de noc ice conditons?  (Read 6353 times)

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
little bay de noc ice conditons?
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Iam hearing there is decent ice forming down that way... 3-5 inches on some parts of the bay, from sauders point north. some guys are starting to venture out from kipling a ways I have some friends that are heading out tommrow.. Apprantly a few portables are starting to pop up during the day. Has anybody else from down that way been out doing any scouting yet or  have any more info?

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: little bay de noc ice conditons?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I heard pretty much what you said.  If ya head down there be careful!  Lots of daredevils down that way....wouldn't suprise me if a truck goes through the ice down there in the next week or two

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:37 PM »
looks like that stupid snowstorm is heading right past lbdn..with only 2 inches of ice, well, i would say the ice is f****d
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Went by LBN yesterday, shacks are on the ice in the butler island area, bay is frosen from Gladstobe north, from Gladstone south towards Terrace Bay Inn its wide open. Extreme caution is \necessary right now, no sense in dying just to fish eh

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:17 PM »
How is the ice holding up with the storm? Get lots of snow?

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Drove by there yesterday and saw several shacks in close! I work right in esky but commute from mQT. Im not ready to attack it just yet.

Offline shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:15 PM »
 Drove thru the Kipling launch site about 4 this afternoon saw about 20 shacks and portables on the upper bay  scattered  around. I saw 1 four wheeler pulling a shack way over on the east side could have come from the Stonington side. No postings one the local site about ice thickness yet. Have to watch see how it goes this weekend.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Yeah iam heading down to kipling early in the am with a friend and  meeting up with some friends... should be a good day iv been hearing some really good reports from some guys down that way.. Hopfully i will have some good info tommrow night  ;D  Fish on! :tipup:

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2010, 12:44 PM »
A good 8 inches of ice and a hot perch and walleye bite right now. 285 and I went down yesterday and had a solid day. Cannot wait to go back in a week.

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:30 PM »
hey how is the water clarity? are them eyes biting all day or at night??

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:38 PM »
The water clarity was so so. The morning bite was really good, afternoon was slower but still caught fish. We got out of the shanty, drilled a few holes and chased fish. Only stay on the ice till about 6 but the last hour was decent.

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Did really good out there the past two days both in the morning and at night. Actually took a limit today by 9:30

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Not gonna ask where abouts.....but ill ask how deep of water were ya fishing?

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2010, 10:27 PM »
around 30 :-\

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Me and my cousin TJ would like to take a trip down there in a week or so. How's the bite been and ice conditions?

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:19 PM »
  Hey chase.. i was down on lbdn today 7am to 5pm and it was pretty slow today latley i guess its been hit or miss... I was down there last sunday and are crew limited out by noon on really nice keepers am planning on heading down possible the end of the week again... Yeah i know tj.. just tell him its berg... i will get ahold of him and let him know whats up.. i should have a new phone this week... my old one is in 24 fow off of kipling  ???

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:53 PM »
The past week for me has been really good in the morning up til about 10. The fish are all over the flasher after that but real picky! Around 2ish they start gettin aggressive again. 6 inches of ice where Im at. Been catchin quite a bit though.

Offline shack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:39 AM »
  Went out friday morning to check on shack to see if it was floating. With all the rain and warmer temps we have had the last couple days. Well other than pretty much no snow left and a 1/2" of water around the runners on the ice. We didn't look to bad, I moved the shack about 50 ft redrilled my holes. Fished for about 2 hrs 2 perch,1 small walleye,then tied it down in 2 corners as we're supposed to get some high winds tomorrow up to 40 mph. believe me those shacks can cruise if the wind is strong enough!

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:32 AM »
First time out on LBDN today.  Perfect day out there even though I was the only member of the group who didn't catch anything.  Only 2 small eyes and a few perch between the 4 of us.  Drove my Tacoma all over the bay with no worries.  I would really like to make another trip soon and hopefully get on some fish!

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:16 AM »
First time out on LBDN today.  Perfect day out there even though I was the only member of the group who didn't catch anything.  Only 2 small eyes and a few perch between the 4 of us.  Drove my Tacoma all over the bay with no worries.  I would really like to make another trip soon and hopefully get on some fish!

Amen to that!

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Hammered the fish yesterday out there.

Offline bmbiff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:36 AM »
Damn! nice fish, my buddy and I were out there all Tuesday and came home with 7 perch and a small walleye, only the second trip out there for my buddy and my first trip. Caught a lot of smaller perch. Whereabouts did you set up? We were mostly geared for walleye but switched up to perch since they were around and then back to walleye for the night bite. Seems like you can catch walleye pretty much all over the bay but is there a preferred spot like getting out in a little deeper water for them. We were in 22 and 18 ft off Kipling a little to the south and didn't seem to mark much for walleyes. We were on foot so didn't have a chance to move around a lot for them.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Hammered the fish yesterday out there.
(Image removed from quote.)

Now when I take a second trip down there I'd like to accomplish this! Nice work!

Offline benzie rover

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:44 AM »
nice mess of eaters! Don't want to ask for spots, but would like to know whether it was north or south of Hunter's/Gladstone?

thanks and fish on!

Matt

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Judging by the color on those fish, I'd have to guess at mud flats on the north end?

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:06 PM »
heading up to lbdn for the first time on sat. im looking for eyes,, anyone care to point me in the right direction? not asking for coordinates just a general tip, thanks

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:55 PM »
We fished off of the Terrace, not gonna say where or the depth, but thats where. Good luck to ya!

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:56 PM »
thanks!

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Well I know the ice is plenty safe as me and my cousin TJ drove his truck out to our spot last monday but other than good ice, how has the bite been? I'm hoping to make another trip next weekend.

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:19 PM »
fished 2nd reef 17 fow.. no walleyes.. but no worries i need to take the time and learn the lake. im still paying my dues eh? fished 7-7 with 5 jumbo perch and a 32 inch pike. the perch hit #7 rap with a minnow head.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.