Author Topic: Next trip the Gorge MORE PICS ADDED 2-7-18  (Read 7673 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Next trip the Gorge
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:01 AM »
No Damon or Geezer this trip? I will be there on the first. Going to be another great trip! The fish will start biting really well on the evening of the first according to my crystal ball.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Ok, so we are not going to bring my 5th wheel because of the snow/ road conditions. You just never know about us Joe we seem to surprise you.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Haven't heard from Gale but Damon is in for Friday & Saturday then he has to get back Saturday night. I'll post up what we find in the morning up the there, I'm guessing we'll be back before 9pm.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Man I was just going to bring a toothbrush and a credit card! Now I guess I will have to get loaded for bear as usual.   Lucky for me, I still haven’t unpacked my gear from the last trip at cascade. Thanks you guys for doing recon trip tomorrow. Drive safe and catch lots of fish!

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2018, 09:58 PM »
I'll be there. Just hoping for snow to use the snowmobile since the ski wheeler needs a tuneup bad.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:02 PM »
From the pics I've seen I think sleds will be fine. I'll let everyone know for sure tomorrow
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Gosh I hate Construction for reasons like this I should be fishing not going to work damn government workers😁😁 good luck and be safe

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Safe travels today you guys. Will be looking forward to some pictures and intell. Don't forget a lottery ticket, you just might win the permanent fishin job..
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Gosh I hate Construction for reasons like this I should be fishing not going to work damn government workers😁😁 good luck and be safe

I know the feeling! Stuck in meetings all day today for government construction jobs!

From the pics I've seen I think sleds will be fine. I'll let everyone know for sure tomorrow

Should be fine for sleds they got 6-8" of snow the other day which should make it fine for sleds. It will cover up some bad ice though so be careful!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Going in lost dog will do for next weekend. 2-4in  of snow on the ice, 5-10in at the most on the road. Caught lakers, bows & burbs today fishing 26-30fow. Burbot bashers were rolling in pretty thick when we were heading out, but still had plenty elbow room. Good luck this weekend bashing. Here are a few pics of the condition in the lost dog/blacks arm area, we had 10in of ice everywhere we drilled. People on sleds and bikes all over. Just watch the ridges

The drive in

Some of Icecutters catches

Some of mine

The final result of what came home for Icecutters smoker

And of course some scenery shots

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:33 AM »
Nice going guys

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:02 PM »
Man that looks like a lot more fun than my Friday at work!! Glad the recon trip went well.. Thanks Matt it will be a fun one.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Haven't heard from Gale but Damon is in for Friday & Saturday then he has to get back Saturday night. I'll post up what we find in the morning up the there, I'm guessing we'll be back before 9pm.
Man I’d really like to make this trip but I’m committed elsewhere. I’d say that conditions look to be great for you, nice recon job. Hope to make the next one. Be safe out there and have fun !

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Man that looks like a lot more fun than my Friday at work!! Glad the recon trip went well.. Thanks Matt it will be a fun one.

Ya buddy, definately better than the 9-5

Man I’d really like to make this trip but I’m committed elsewhere. I’d say that conditions look to be great for you, nice recon job. Hope to make the next one. Be safe out there and have fun !

Sorry to hear that Gale, for sure we've got plenty of trips still left in us. I did add a few more pics. Gotta love the jacker transport. Man that made it so easy to move. Wouldn't be pulling it like that behind a machine though. Walking no Prob
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:57 PM »
Well I think I've got about everything packed and ready to load. Got some bad news today that fishon1 is out. I'll gladly hook some up for you buddy  :thumbsup: you will be missed on this trip but I think if we play our cards right we may get a few more trips in before we call it for the year. I was stoked to here my soon to be son inlaw is going to make it. Going to be a great experience for him camping on the ice. Good thing he's got a great group to show him how it's done. Just wish we would have had one in our early days, but we figured it out. Man we've came so far since we started making this trip. From sleeping in a chair in my qf3 to a legit comfy cot in the xl6000 Bigfoot or trailer. Hauling 100's of Lbs of gear by hand to pulling everything by sled or wheeler. Old eagle fish finder to the awesome LX7. Homemade jackers to actual jaw jackers. Cleaning out holes every 20 mins to the newest idea of not cleaning them out all night. More to come on that one. Good times. I better stop now or I'm not going to sleep tonight. Come on Friday  :woot: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about Fishonone! Take care of your family buddy. I also thought maybe I might get sidetracked with some business crap that needed tending to but was able to get it resolved a few minutes ago. Sitting on the ice will be so nice for me this week. Since I got back from Cascade, I have had to deal with some real idiots! I am officially loaded for bear and will head out tomorrow morning and meet up with Ryan at Ace hardware around noon. Slapthefish should have the fish located and my holes drilled by the time we hit the lake. I decided to bring my four wheeler instead of the snowmobile due to the temperatures down there.
I talked to Wyohunter this morning and he will head over tomorrow morning with a friend. He was the guy last year that was Fishing across the pressure ridge from our group. He said his season has been terrible near Cheyenne this year.
I sure hope that the ice holds out. My four wheeler doesn’t know how to swim as we found out at Henry’s.
Sure appreciate the reporting from your recon trip and local guys!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Well I think I've got about everything packed and ready to load. Got some bad news today that fishon1 is out. I'll gladly hook some up for you buddy  :thumbsup: you will be missed on this trip but I think if we play our cards right we may get a few more trips in before we call it for the year. I was stoked to here my soon to be son inlaw is going to make it. Going to be a great experience for him camping on the ice. Good thing he's got a great group to show him how it's done. Just wish we would have had one in our early days, but we figured it out. Man we've came so far since we started making this trip. From sleeping in a chair in my qf3 to a legit comfy cot in the xl6000 Bigfoot or trailer. Hauling 100's of Lbs of gear by hand to pulling everything by sled or wheeler. Old eagle fish finder to the awesome LX7. Homemade jackers to actual jaw jackers. Cleaning out holes every 20 mins to the newest idea of not cleaning them out all night. More to come on that one. Good times. I better stop now or I'm not going to sleep tonight. Come on Friday  :woot: :woot:

Thanks Matt I sure wish I could be there but my father in-law is not doing to good. I sure will be thinking of you guys.
Good luck and hook them up.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about Fishonone! Take care of your family buddy. I also thought maybe I might get sidetracked with some business crap that needed tending to but was able to get it resolved a few minutes ago. Sitting on the ice will be so nice for me this week. Since I got back from Cascade, I have had to deal with some real idiots! I am officially loaded for bear and will head out tomorrow morning and meet up with Ryan at Ace hardware around noon. Slapthefish should have the fish located and my holes drilled by the time we hit the lake. I decided to bring my four wheeler instead of the snowmobile due to the temperatures down there.
I talked to Wyohunter this morning and he will head over tomorrow morning with a friend. He was the guy last year that was Fishing across the pressure ridge from our group. He said his season has been terrible near Cheyenne this year.
I sure hope that the ice holds out. My four wheeler doesn’t know how to swim as we found out at Henry’s.
Sure appreciate the reporting from your recon trip and local guys!

I am glad you was able to get you work order done so you could go 🎏 and there are some special people out there . Good luck Joe and drive safe and also don't let Matt cache all the fish

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:35 PM »
Trailers loaded, now for Friday morning to get here. For those traveling up tomorrow morning drive safe and the rest of us will see you Friday. For those coming later travel safe and we'll see you on the ice

Thanks Matt I sure wish I could be there but my father in-law is not doing to good. I sure will be thinking of you guys.
Good luck and hook them up.

Gotta do what you gotta do bro. We'll get some hooked up for you but you'll have to wait till I get service to see any pics. Oh ya I'll let joe catch a couple just smaller than mine. Lol
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2018, 11:34 PM »
Trailers loaded, now for Friday morning to get here. For those traveling up tomorrow morning drive safe and the rest of us will see you Friday. For those coming later travel safe and we'll see you on the ice

Gotta do what you gotta do bro. We'll get some hooked up for you but you'll have to wait till I get service to see any pics. Oh ya I'll let joe catch a couple just smaller than mine. Lol
Don’t make me break out the Photoshop!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2018, 11:38 PM »
I am glad you was able to get you work order done so you could go 🎏 and there are some special people out there . Good luck Joe and drive safe and also don't let Matt cache all the fish
Thanks buddy. Wish you all the best with your father-in-law. I am heading out about four in the morning and should meet up with Ryan at noon and go from there. Sounds like we’ve got a lot of guys coming. WyoHunter is coming over from Cheyenne again with his friend and Glenwyo sounds like he will make an appearance as well. I told Trent to come down And see if we could help him out on his fishfinder that is not working. He said he will try.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Feb 01, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Don’t make me break out the Photoshop!

Oh man you know I love the photoshop, yes it looks like we will have a good group. Liv2hunt will be joining us sometime friday as well. Just got off the phone with slapthefish and it sounds like the whole 1st group has made it out of town. Man this day is going to drag, good thing theres not decent phone service up there so I dont have to sit here at work and drool over fish pics this trip  :-\
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Utahguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:45 AM »
You guys not doing the https://www.burbotclassic.com/
?

Wish I could make it!
Still learning...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Regrettably we will not be doing the classic. If theres was good ice in south buckboard/big bend we would be in for sure. The proximity to that location is alot closer than being all the way down lost dog. Just too far to travel for our group. Much rather spend that time fishing. Maybe next year we will get better ice and can enter the classic. Its been a few years since any of our group has entered any burbot tourneys.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:51 PM »
Good luck you guys and be safe out there and cache all the fish

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Thanks for another great trip fellas! Go Eagles!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Great times for sure, it was great having some cold ones and shooting the bs with everyone. I'll get some pics up soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:41 AM »

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:52 AM »

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 05, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there, but ended up that it was good I was around... In-laws vehicle died on them and left them stranded, so I had to go to the rescue on top of the wedding reception my wife was putting together for my cousin...  Would have loved to have been fishing, but sometimes it's good to be where you need to be... Hopefully next time I can make it... Later J

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.