Author Topic: Sunapee  (Read 1189 times)

Offline LakerChaser1234

• IceShanty Rookie
Sunapee
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 02:05 AM »
Hey all, I’ve been an avid fisherman of Sunapee for a few years and just looking for a fishing buddy to learn a little more about fishing for lakers. I slay them open water but hardly get any through the ice. I’m lucky to get 2 fish in a weekend of fishing.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sunapee
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2021, 10:57 AM »
Same, I fish Sunapee alot during the spring/summer. I have had some success with Lakers through the ice but it is spotty at best. My wife and I have an infant this year so I haven't been able to get up and fish it this winter but I have been looking on the Navionics app and figured I would try some new structure that looked good south of the islands.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline alexg425

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2021, 02:08 PM »
I got one on a cusk trap last week - 35 fow off a point.  Thought I had a monster cusk lol

Offline Fishfrenzy65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:44 PM »
Humps and flats near deep water are key over there. Move to find active fish. I’ll be there tomorrow spot hopping on a wheeler.

Offline LakerChaser1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:53 PM »
Anyone wanna get together and do some fishing tomorrow? All be out on Herrics cove by the lighthouse?

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2021, 06:25 PM »
I like the spot you speak of, find the edge of the drop by light house. I'm on newfound for the next couple of days

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Like everyone is saying find a hump.  I struggled over there for a few years fishing the state beach and dewey's beach area.  Finally I went to another spot and had no idea where to start.  I put Navionics on my cell phone and looked for a good hump.  I found one that was a large round area at 22 feet surrounded by 40 feet of water and I have fished that same spot for the last 2 years and I never have been skunked since.  Its a b***h of a walk but its been well worth it.  I'll be there Sunday.  I caught my PB Laker there 3 weeks ago.  29 1/2 inch  18lb. 13oz. laker.  Try and find rock humps and it should help. Also I only use white tube jigs with cut sucker meat or a white paddle tail jig.

Offline LakerChaser1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2021, 10:12 PM »
NH piker care if I shoot you a PM. I got a spot I fished today with good success.

Offline Riff_Raff_603

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2021, 05:14 PM »
I'm continue to try to learn the lake.  Better luck this year than last year, but still trying to figure it out for some positive consistency, if that is even possible.  Wherever I go, I have to walk, so over a mile gets a bit tough depending on the load (Ice shelter/sled), snow cover, etc.  Parking options drives me to the State Beach or Dewey Beach areas.  Try again next weekend.  Good luck guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.