Author Topic: Sunapee question  (Read 1055 times)

Offline sams

• IceShanty Rookie
Sunapee question
« on: Feb 18, 2021, 07:18 AM »
How tough is Lake Sunapee to figure our our for someone fishing their the first time.  I am headed up to ski on Sunday and thinking of fishing Saturday afternoon.  I will have my daughter with me and she is pretty patient and into fishing, but, will not really be up for a long afternoon of searching for fish and trudging all over.  My preference would be to chase lakers, but, if there is good pan fish fishing that is more accessible I'd happily do that. 

We will be fishing on foot unless there is drive on type  ice with the truck and I'm not sure I'm super comfortable driving on unless I knew a local that I had a lot of faith in ( I don't).

TIA
Sam

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
Re: Sunapee question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2021, 08:17 AM »
You can park at the state park and get on at the beach. It'll be tough to walk on with all the snow.

Offline articcat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Fished Sunapee last weekend.

Plenty of parking at state beach ( plowed also )  easy on & off with sleds but walking too far may become difficult.

Bait at the Tackle Shop on RT 103 less than 2 miles away.

Offline JackMoran

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2021, 09:03 PM »
I'm in a similar situation, thinking of heading to Sunapee to ski, awesome mountain btw, and would love to check out the lake.   

Let me know how it works out for you.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2021, 09:14 PM »
Chasing Lakers is not easy on foot especially if it's your first time breaking down a water body.  I'll send you a PM.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline CTBrahan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:06 PM »
I’m a local. I live about ten minutes away from Sunapee. This is my first year fishing sunapee and I have made 4 trips. The fish there are very temperamental. I have caught 5 lakers in those 43 hours of fishing. Four of which were on the first trip. If the fish won’t bite, I would recommend just heading to a close by lake like otter pond and catching some panfish. Also I would not recommend driving your vehicle on the ice, sunapee being a bigger lake has pressure ridges constantly forming. Driving a truck on that lake would be a risk not worth taking.

Offline CTBrahan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2021, 10:07 PM »
I’m a local. I live about ten minutes away from Sunapee. This is my first year fishing sunapee and I have made 4 trips. The fish there are very temperamental. I have caught 5 lakers in those 43 hours of fishing. Four of which were on the first trip. If the fish won’t bite, I would recommend just heading to a close by lake like otter pond and catching some panfish. Also I would not recommend driving your vehicle on the ice, sunapee being a bigger lake has pressure ridges constantly forming. Driving a truck on that lake would be a risk not worth taking.

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Sunapee is 40 minutes away from me, I love it! Well, it's a love/hate, some days you feel like a rock star, next day, can't buy a fish.... 

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2021, 05:53 AM »
Sunapee is 40 minutes away from me, I love it! Well, it's a love/hate, some days you feel like a rock star, next day, can't buy a fish....

Well Said! I could not agree more.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2021, 08:13 PM »
Sam's must of list interest.  I send him a PM with spot on a spot but no reply.  Would be nice to hear back since several guys gave you some information.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.