Author Topic: Trout at big island pond  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Noahsaba

• IceShanty Rookie
Trout at big island pond
« on: Feb 17, 2021, 02:30 PM »
My girlfriends family lives on big island pond over on the hampstead side by dons and was wondering if anyone had any spots to catch trout on that side through the ice. I’m not expecting anyone to spot burn their best  spots, I’m just looking for some guidance. Thanks

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Re: Trout at big island pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2021, 02:34 PM »
You can catch trout anywhere on that pond I've fished Derry side Hampstead side and Atkinson side, you want to be in roughly close to shore with a sandy bottom and use salmon eggs or powerbait for the rainbows have also caught them in 30ft of water with a shiner about 2 ft under the ice. Good luck!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2021, 02:46 PM »
If I had the access you have, I'd be there most every weekend.  I'd probably put a hardside on it.

Offline jpease

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2021, 06:23 PM »
If I had the access you have, I'd be there most every weekend.  I'd probably put a hardside on it.

Agreed with this!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:17 PM »
My girlfriends family lives on big island pond over on the hampstead side by dons and was wondering if anyone had any spots to catch trout on that side through the ice. I’m not expecting anyone to spot burn their best  spots, I’m just looking for some guidance. Thanks
Call tom at BIP outdoors hes on the lake sells bait he will set you up
Salmonemia

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Call tom at BIP outdoors hes on the lake sells bait he will set you up

He’s not selling bait this year...he’s been a busy guy working..
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline fishon603

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Has anyone been out on BIP? Trying to get out next day or two, wondering how the ice was before this rain. Will be heading out tomorrow either way just to check the ice. Any update though would be super helpful. Good luck out there for anyone on the ice this weekend

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2021, 10:06 AM »
Drove by derby weekend & there were snowmobiles ripping up the ice.  Looked like nascar with snowmobiles.  Not my cup of tea, so I drove on (I like peace & quiet). If you go, I'd try to go early (like dawn) or mid-week.  Ice was strong enough for 5-6 snowmobiles but I didn't check thickness myself so can't say.

Offline fishon603

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2021, 03:50 PM »
Got out for a few hours. Still decent ice, 8-11” depending on the spot. Few inches of junk but mostly good solid ice. Fast morning but slowed when the wind picked up as noon got closer. Handful of yellows, largemouth and rainbow. Nothing of size though. Had some bald eagles flying over which was nice. Fortunately not much snow cover other than a few feet on the shoreline, so the sled races were plenty far away from us. Only 2 other groups out fishing so a pretty nice day out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.