Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607322 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15750 on: May 15, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it might be a good day out. Weatherman has been wrong all week. I took Ice Wanderers advice and finally fell asleep. My wife thinks i’m Having trouble sleeping because my headaches have been bad.

Ice Wanderer, Thank you for the advice. It worked. I hope your pt goes well and your wife is able to finish the window boxes.

Raquettedacker, pictures are amazing, are they going to have to do surgery to fix the plate?

TomTurkey, Prayers you and your wife get good results from the test on the cyst.

WallyWorld, Good Luck today.

I hope everyone has a great day on and off the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15751 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Well I guess its official, my status at work is now "Full" time, instead of "Full time part time" and no longer "Gander" crew  ::) Guess that means I will be on the schedule for some weekends or where ever/when ever they want bodies in.

Dom that one of the screws didn't look like fun. "Ouch"  :woot:

Computer has had some grimlins running around, and "Suprise" the Add image to post is back ?

Got to run some errands before heading in to work

Good day to all

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15752 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54 AM »

41* this morning and I saw this strange yellow thing come up over the lake.

I also had issues yesterday with the computer. Must be all the rain.

WW, hope you find some fish today.

IW, good luck with the PT.

IFF, hope you are OK with the new job title.

h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15753 on: May 15, 2019, 10:47 AM »
H2L yeah  now day temps will be in the 80's hope its not going to be to hot too fast, all the river drain basins are over 100% snow pack.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15754 on: May 15, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Just a quick post so I can get the lawn moving finished before I head over to turkey hunt some more. I need to get it done as the remainder of May is full of appointments. I found the sling for my Model 12 so I can carry it.

The wife had a message when we got back from grocery shopping to call the surgeons office that took the cyst out of her breast on Monday. The test came back that it was not cancer. That took a lot of the stress off of her and me as well.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15755 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Excellent news TT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tell her congratulations !

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15756 on: May 15, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Tom Turkey, That is excellent news :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15757 on: May 15, 2019, 02:20 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  Tom....CONGRATULATIONS to your wife, Fantastic news!!  :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

It’s been a crazy few days here. Speaking of crazy....the sun is out again and shining today!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Won’t be able to get caught up with everyone, but have been keeping up with the posts.

After seeing my Mom on Mother’s Day, I went to an Urgent Care to have a type of cyst/boil looked at that developed under my right armpit. It started out like a small pimple 8 days before and had grown incredibly large with a lot of swelling and redness around the surrounding area.
  They advised me to go the Emergency room which I did. About 5hrs. later and a handful of people looking at it, they were admitting me. Not prepared for any of this, I only had the clothes on that I was wearing. My wife ended up coming down that evening with my necessities etc.  So much for our Mothers Day spent together.
  They put me on intravenous type antibiotics immediately and began slowly draining the abscess, along with many blood samples etc., fealt like a pin cushion. Yesterday I had surgery around the noon hour, short procedure, and was just released a little while ago.
They wanted me to stay one more day, but that wasn’t happening. I was less than pleased with the whole situation including the Dr. who was in charge, I made that perfectly clear. Not so much as a courtesy visit at the days end yesterday, then swung by briefly this am around 10:30 after my request. None of the nurses or aides had any idea about changing the dressing or answering my questions. It was piss poor treatment in my belief.
  Unfortunately, my primary physician retired recently so I was without the main Dr. who has cared for me and my family the last 30 plus years. Fealt absolutely passed over by the treatment and care practices....makes one wonder what happens to those not fortunate enough to have health insurance or is at the mercy of practioners they don’t know.
  Long story short, I’m home again....still in almost one piece I think!   ;D  Don’t think I slept a solid hour at any given time with all the confusion and bells going off....not to mention the amount of needles and having to give my complete name and birthdate every time anything was to be administered. It was a bad ride...lol...thankful it’s taken care of, hopefully that will be it for awhile!   :cookoo:
  Set up an appointment with a new primary for tomorrow to look things over...hoping for the best. Taking the rest of this week off to recover and we’ll see what happens come Monday. 

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15758 on: May 15, 2019, 03:05 PM »
Welcome home Eddie!

Hope you can get some rest and forget about the last few days.

Nice to have you back !

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15759 on: May 15, 2019, 03:28 PM »
TT, good news for sure.

Eddie, sorry to hear of your ordeal. Glad you are home and TAKE it easy for a few days....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15760 on: May 15, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Evening all,

TT......great news on MrsTT 😀
Eddie.....so sorry to hear of your ordeal, glad you’re home 😀 take things slow and easy, give yourself a chance to heal
IFF.....full time is a good thing??

Fishing was slower than slow today.....not a single hit in 8 hours 😞 Tomorrow’s another day 😉

Online Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15761 on: May 15, 2019, 09:44 PM »
TT great news on the non cancer in your Mrs. cyst. Eddie wishing you the best on your roller coaster ride and after.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15762 on: May 15, 2019, 10:18 PM »
WW guess time will tell on the Full time.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15763 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 44* and clear out this am, I hope it last. ::)
                       Eddie........That was some ordeal you had to go through,  :%$#!: :cookoo:what hospital was that? With all the bad press that VA hospitals
              have had in the past, I must admit the one in Albany is top notch. I haven't met any other than nice Dr.'s nurses or PA's there.
              They are always saying "Thank You for your service." :thumbsup: We're all glad you're back. :clap:
                       Bud...........I guess the new title will get you better hours. ???
                       Wally.........Good luck out on the water today. :thumbsup:
                       Tom...........That's great news on your wife's cyst not being the "C" word.  :thumbsup: Good luck on your hunt. :flex:
                       H2L...........It looks like it should be a nice weekend according to the guessers but things can change in a hurry. ::)
                       Another good PT session yesterday, I still have some throbbing laying in bed, hopefully that will pass.
                       Not much going on today, maybe some one handed work out side.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out with a pole.
               IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15764 on: May 16, 2019, 05:40 AM »
A quick post before I head off. The wife thanks all of you for your concerns and well wishes with the cyst. Like I always have said the people on 9:45 on a Tuesday are the greatest.

eddie That kind of treatment at that hospital is inexcusable. I would file a formal complaint with the hospital administration. When my FIL had back surgery and was at a rehab facility the nurses did not now how to put a new bandage on his incision so they just kept putting more over the original. He ended up having to go back  to surgery to get that cleared up. We should have sued the place over that.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15765 on: May 16, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day out. My wife got good and unexpected news yesterday. Looks like her siblings are chipping in and hired a moving company so we don’t need to do the heavy lifting. That’s a big relief.

Mason Eddie, That sucks that you went thru all that at the hospital. Medical care is definitely going down the tubes. Hope you find a primary care Doctor you like. Good ones are hard to find.

IFF, Congratulations on going full time.

Tom Turkey, Good luck today.

Ice Wanderer, Hope the throbbing will end.

Wally World, Good luck on the water today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to everyone on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15766 on: May 16, 2019, 06:54 AM »
44 and sunny.

Ice-45 nice of the kids to help you out like that.
WW, I am sure this weather is not helping the fishing, but you are getting out. The bite will turn around.
Eddie, hope you got some much needed rest.
IW, stay with that PT and don't wear out the good arm.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15767 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Showers and thunder early this morning, looking to hit 80 this afternoon with humidity. Seems too soon for that ???

Eddie I hope you had a good restful night :thumbsup: Must have been nice not having some DS sneak up on you and jab you with a needle while you were trying to sleep. Hope you are back on your game soon Sir!

WW sorry to see the fish bite was off. Hope you can break the code on your next outing :thumbsup:

WW Take it easy on the outdoor puttering :thumbsup:

The drinking ladies husband called last night and was wondering if I could give him a hand this morning. He was going to drop a couple of trees and he hung them up. I told him I would be over after 8 as they are late sleepers.

My neighbor from across the road was over yesterday and noticed a bunch of assorted junk wood I have in a pile out back. He was wondering if I would sell some to his daughter who lives just down the road. I am going to load my dump trailer up when I get back from knocking down the hung trees and bring it over to her. I bet there is 3 cord of pine, willow, basswood and some cottonwood in the mix. I had been trying to figure out what to do with it as it is getting in my way. What's that about one mans junk is another mans treasure ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Online Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15768 on: May 16, 2019, 08:46 AM »
Good Morning ER's I 45 great that the moving co. can do the big stuff; nice thought on the kids part. Eddie hope your cyst is gone for good as well as the dingbats that were in charge of your care the other day. Looks like rain here for 6 out of next 7 days. Bucks got a game 1 win hoping for 3 more and a shot at the title.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15769 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy but the sun is shining and the birds are chirping, 51* with a high in the low 60’s today....it’s a nice morning!!
  Thank You all for the well wishes and the warm welcome.... very much appreciated!   :thumbsup:

Marv...have a good visit and hope everything goes well this morning at the Cherry Cola residence!!  ;D  :thumbsup: Isn’t it funny sometimes how things work out like that wood pile that’s been sitting? One less thing to ponder about, awesome! 
  H2...haven’t slept this late in a long time...feeling great this am!   :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the walleye reports soon...best of luck!   :thumbsup:
 I-45...I’ve got a smile ear to ear for you after reading your post....what a weight lifted off your shoulders, terrific news!   :clap: :bow:
  Tom... will be waiting anxiously with the group on your report, hope you bag that bird today, good luck Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...my nurses and aids were great for the most part, it was the lack of information to my questions that really kept the fire going. Maybe I was just to use to the practice of my primary Dr. and judged them a little more harshly based on his practices. All things considered, and after speaking with a Dr. this am, I realize my situation was but a drop in the bucket compared to so many of the cases there. However, my personal feelings haven’t changed much, and perhaps my direct conversation with the Dr. and staff opened up some eyes/ears on how they can better themselves. Congrats on another good PT session Sir, keep up the good work!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud... hope the new full time position is working out well for you!   :thumbsup:
  OG...have you gotten some time out on the water wetting a line?
  Wally...hope the bite is hot and heavy today! Best of luck to you and Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:
  Dom...amazing pictures, thanks for sharing them here with us all....can’t get over that one with the screws, wow!   :thumbsup:

Being a right hander, I now understand a bit more how difficult it must be for you Jeff doing day to day activities...and I’m not even in a sling, lol. Found it challenging to do a simple task of washing my hair this am lefty.   ;D. How the heck did you pressure wash?? :woot:
  Going to take it easy today, relax and enjoy some fresh air outside....try to rid my nasal passages of that hospital smell we all know of...Doh!   ;D
  My thanks to all again, such a great group as Tom mentioned....glad to be a part of it.   :bow:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15770 on: May 16, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Eddie glad your feeling better..
 I just got home from having the plate removed and the other one put in.
This is the one they took out and put the industrial size one in. 
Gonna put a treble hook on one end and a swivel on the other and catch a fish on it...      ;D ;D ;D ;D

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15771 on: May 16, 2019, 04:19 PM »
Afternoon All,

Dom...up the pound test and put on a light steel leader, that thing is going to get slammed!!!   :clap: :bow:
Thank You Sir, hope you're feeling better and  wish you a speedy recovery as well. ..amazing!!   :thumbsup:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15772 on: May 17, 2019, 12:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, I think it’s supposed to be a good day. My wife is home so going to New Hampshire to get some boxes. She’s off for the next 5 days so we should get a lot done.

Raquettedacker, How is your shoulder feeling with the new plate?

Mason Eddie, I hope your feeling better and got some rest.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15773 on: May 17, 2019, 04:54 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                      It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill, rain is expected. ::)
                      I-45........When is your big move. ??? you have some good kids stepping in like that to get the big stuff moved. :thumbsup:
                      Eddie......It has been very difficult doing things one handed. When I had the first surgery back in February my wife helped
                a lot but I'm not the kind of person to let people do things for, so I learned to improvise when ever possible. Pressure wshing
                was easy for one hand but it got tired quickly, that's why it took 4 days to do. :whistle:
                      Wally.......How was the fishing yesterday, I hope a lot better. ???
                      Raquett.....That plate sure looks like it will attract fish, will the new one stay in permanently or will it be removed when the
                bone heals?  ??? Take it easy, your health is more important than moving flats around. I'm sure your helpers can pick up the slack! :flex:
                      Marv.......Good deal that you can get rid of the junk wood. :thumbsup: I hope you didn't over do the cherry cokes.   :roflmao:
                      Yesterday my wife and I took advantage of the nice weather and got the garden tilled, the I went and got her some potting soil
                for her flower boxes, she's a little behind because of the weather.
                      Not much going on today because of the weather. Sounds like a broken record.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out, it's suppose to be nice tomorrow.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15774 on: May 17, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Morning all,

The fishing wasn’t much better yesterday.....9 hours, 1 small mouth  :(  giving it one more go today before heading home tonight.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15775 on: May 17, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

51 getting set for a wet weekend here.

WW best of luck on the water today :thumbsup:

IW I know what you mean, I don't like having people do things for me either. I am still undecided if I am going to plant an tomatoes or not. It just seem here the season is so short I may just buy some.

Eddie hope the morning finds you rested and feeling better :thumbsup:

Yesterdays job helping the drinking ladies husband went well. Yes it ended with a vase of stump blower ;D I gave the neighbors daughter a big load of wood, she should be set for the summer if she doesn't go crazy.

This morning I have a big load of oak I split yesterday to unload. The s-i-l wants me to go fishing with her but I want to get all my wood done first, I just have a hard time enjoying myself when I have stuff to do.

My ride is waiting, time for 3 more miles.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15776 on: May 17, 2019, 06:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

Ice Wanderer, The move is on June 2nd. We were very surprised that her sisters and brother did this. Good that you tilled your garden and your wife got her window boxes up. There’s nothing better then fresh grown veggies. I’m like you. I have a hard time having people help me.

WallyWorld, Good luck today on the water.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you get to go out on the water after you unload the wood.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15777 on: May 17, 2019, 07:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 49* at the moment, high of 71 expected today.

Wally...best of luck with today’s fishing, hopefully the bite will turn on for you and Mr.WW! Safe travels home this evening.    :thumbsup:
  I-45...enjoy the time off with your wife, here’s to her family stepping up.... :clap: :bow:
  Marv...hope that vase full of Cherry squeezings didn’t have your head throbbing this am, lol. Have a good walk, get your chores taken care of, and take your S-I-L up on a fishing trip.....you deserve one!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...I’m with you also on not having to rely on others for helping me...but sometimes we all hit those walls and it’s very gratifying that someone is there to help pull us through. Glad to read the garden is getting ready....looking like some favorable weather conditions finally heading our way.   :thumbsup:

Spent a nice day outside with my wife and granddaughter yesterday. Couldn’t get much accomplished that I wanted, but there’s plenty of time for that. Highlight of the day was picking dandelion’s with a 3 year old and making a bouquet out of them with her for my daughter...we had a fun time and they still smell pretty...even to a broken down old trowel like myself!   ;D
  Not much on the planner today....hopefully the rain will move out soon.....Cawfee’s on though!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15778 on: May 17, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers after two nice days the rain is back looking at extended forecast appears there is a chance of rain for next three days. This is the last week of regular season play for lacrosse here in NY. next week is sectional play offs the sectional championship games with winners advancing to state tournament. My local high school had a disappointing season and is done with playing until next Spring.
Ice Wanderer I remember that Spring with all the rainy weekends. Best with the vegetable garden and may your wife get her window boxes done in between all the rain.
Whopper Stopper good for your neighbor has same model tractor in better shape and you could get the snow blower unit. So true about trash and treasure may the neighbors daughters make good use of the fire wood. Enjoy the fishing trip with your SIL.
Icefisher-45 Happy for your wife and you that her siblings are helping with cost of the move one less worry for the two of you.
IFF may the full time position at Camper's World work out for you.
Tom Turkey great news on your wife's cyst. May the old model 12 help get your Spring Turkey.
Hunts2long nice photo wish we all had seen more of the Sun this Spring.
Eddie quite the ordeal hope the infection is under control.
Old Goat how was your daughter's dance performance.
Raquettedacker may the removed plate be a good fishing lure and catch you a personal best fish. Ditto Ice Wanderer's comment let other pick up more of the load at work place.
Wallyworld may the fish be feeding today. Safe trip home.

Have a good Friday.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15779 on: May 18, 2019, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  47* with a breeze this am, high of 68 expected today.

Steve...better luck next season to your local HS team. They’re still fairly young to lacrosse aren’t they?  Everything is going pretty well so far on my end, infection under control....thanks!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...will be looking forward to your report, hope you had safe travels home last evening.    :thumbsup:

Spent a little time out in the garden yesterday, guess they were right about transplanting beans, lol.  4 survivors out of 18, although most of the casualties were snapped from the winds and or pounding rains. All replaced with seeds directly in their spots. Started some radishes and my granddaughter sewed some wild flower seeds in her own flower bed, an old Radio Flyer wagon repurposed that had seen its better days, lol.
  Not much on the planner today, but will be attending a concert this evening with my two younger brothers at their request. Uriah Heep and British heavy metal legends Judas Priest at the Palace Theatre in Albany. Not a big fan of either bands, like some of the songs of both, but it was a free ticket and how could I say no to hanging out with my brothers for a few hours? Should make for an interesting evening!!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.