Author Topic: Stingers on bigger tube jigs  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
Stingers on bigger tube jigs
« on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:44 PM »
So this weekend I was using a 3" tube jig and was doing just fine.  But I also had a 5" tube I was using trying for a little bigger fish, I have my jig head about half way in so the jig sits horizontal in the water, they're mostly for my suspended dead stick bait but I do jig with it I got prolly 20 bites on it today but I kept ripping it out of their mouth.  So when i brought it up to check it I noticed teeth marks on the front of the jig so I want to run a stinger hook out the front of the tube so I have a hook on both ends... How do you guys make your stingers and how would you hook it to the jig? I don't want to rip all my tubes apart and buy new ones to do this so I'm looking for a way to run this without destroying my tubes any ideas guys

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Stingers on bigger tube jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2016, 11:30 AM »
I would just make or buy a stinger rig with a snap, and snap it into the jigs eye and set one treble hook in the head of the jig, leaving two out to hook the fish...

Offline Teamroper3684

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2016, 12:35 PM »
I ended up taking a piece of 12lb fluoro and tieing a loop knot in it then tieing a treble to it about 2.5", I then took another piece of line and tied it to a suture needle ran it through the tube head and up to the jig eyelet, wrapped the loop knot around it and pulled the treble to get make sure it was around the eyelet, not I can actually push the top of the treble Into the jig head a little bit so it's not hanging down and looks a little more uniform

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Sounds like a good way to go... best of luck!

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2016, 10:36 AM »
I would just make or buy a stinger rig with a snap, and snap it into the jigs eye and set one treble hook in the head of the jig, leaving two out to hook the fish...

2x
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.