Author Topic: Making lookers bit  (Read 2294 times)

Offline hunter651

• IceShanty Rookie
Making lookers bit
« on: Jan 01, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Hey guys does anyone hav any tips to help make the looker bit, lake trout fishing yesterday and had prob 15-20 trout chase my bait but no biters, they would chase it up some 20-30 feet( seen on the vex) and just no bite, mixed up baits from jigging spoon, airplan jigs, white tube jig, pretty much everything I had, tried tipping it with a smelt all the little tricks I know, in the past I would use the  if I seen one on the vex I would slowly pull in away from him and they usually chase it up....... Anyone hav any little trick I'm missing

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Making lookers bit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2016, 06:34 PM »
depending on depth...toss some small chuncks of chum in...once they start eating ( a bit of the chum) sometimes they keep eating and bite yours.

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 05:47 AM »
If the fish won't hit the jig coming up from the bottom try dropping it back down real slow. This seems to work for me a lot of the time.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 05:57 AM »
Try a smaller jig, change the speed you're jigging, or even stop moving the jig completely.

Offline hunter651

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2016, 05:25 PM »
Perfect thanks fellas for the tips

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2016, 12:14 PM »
I try to give it the slightest quiver as I raise it. I don't just reel up, half the time I end up jumping of the bucket to set the hook because I'm at the top of my lift/raise when they finally hit. If they don't hit I reel down and lift again. I know its hard to do too but if they keep looking I'll drop and reel up fast 2-3 times, then jig it in front of their face again, sometimes they hit and sometimes they'll just disappear tho, but they weren't biting anyway so.... oh well!  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.