Author Topic: browns  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Scotty D

• Team IceShanty Regular
browns
« on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:14 AM »
Hey guys, I'm looking to target Browns this winter. I have never tried to exclusivly target them. Any tips? Asin depth? Do I fish shallow like bows, or deep like Lakers?  If it helps I am in Central Massachusetts
just five more minutes!!! i swear there is one chasing that shiner right now!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: browns
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:47 AM »
I have caught browns in 12 FOW and also 60 FOW. I know a lot of people like the deeper water while looking for Lakers.
<===Lefty===

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:31 PM »
I prefer to fish deeper water early in the season and shallow water late in the season. Both times I like to fish right on the bottom. Best of luck to you.

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:11 AM »
I predominantly fish for trout; and surprisingly over the years have done best fishing shallow for big browns, the rationale I have behind this would be the are foraging for food specifically crayfish. The few and far between that I keep when cleaned are full of small minnow and I mean small and crayfish. Also I found that browns like shallow rocky gravel like bottoms not weeds. Stay away from weeds and target the rocks, if you can get near a current (inlet, outlet) give that a shot too. With that said I have caught browns in deep water practically all over the water column but my best has been shallow. PM me if you would like any more tips...... good luck hope it helped.
Drill um and fill um........

Offline Super-ice-bird

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That's a fifth next to that brown!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2015, 12:09 PM »
I predominantly fish for trout; and surprisingly over the years have done best fishing shallow for big browns, the rationale I have behind this would be the are foraging for food specifically crayfish. The few and far between that I keep when cleaned are full of small minnow and I mean small and crayfish. Also I found that browns like shallow rocky gravel like bottoms not weeds. Stay away from weeds and target the rocks, if you can get near a current (inlet, outlet) give that a shot too. With that said I have caught browns in deep water practically all over the water column but my best has been shallow. PM me if you would like any more tips...... good luck hope it helped.

X2

From shore to 20 ft is best.
Come on fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.