Author Topic: Weekend pretty much ended it  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Chrisper4694

• Team IceShanty Regular
Weekend pretty much ended it
« on: Feb 06, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Got out this weekend foreseeing the end of our ice season and although that sucks, the action was great at least, so i can say we made the best of it! 

After thoroughly checking the entire area for ice quality and thickness we settled into a few areas and set up shop both days in a few different spots.  Tip ups provided pretty steady action including some hefty pickerel and a monster nj largemouth for squatch. I also got totry out my new (and now going into storage) inline setup 😂 and hammer up some big perch, crappie and unfortunately lost the biggest pumpkinseed ive ever seen at the hole on a transducer tangle 🥺 all in all a super short but surprisingly good ice season...

Ended the day sunday having to jump off of sinking ice on the shoreline to the grass...

it’dtake a miracle freeze to get back out now... back in the boat 😑

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
Re: Weekend pretty much ended it
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2020, 08:52 AM »
You guys must be magicians to find ice in Jersey.Ive been driving 2 hrs away for ice in PA.Next week Adirondacks for a couple days.Ice season is just beginning.

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
Re: Weekend pretty much ended it
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Woke up tp 10 degrees this morning, mothers natures cruel trick. -Too little too late!  ???
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.