Author Topic: 5 gallon bucket modifications  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Ridgehunter2002

• IceShanty Rookie
5 gallon bucket modifications
« on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:02 AM »
Looking for some ideas/pics of some modification you have made to buckets.  I carry a lot of rods and they always get tangled in the bucket and it is a pain to pick out one without the others in the way.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: 5 gallon bucket modifications
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2014, 06:26 AM »
Try picking up some Golf club tubes from a sporting goods store. They are cheap (2.99), rigid and you can cut them to length.
I slide them right down to the reel handle.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12798941&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:12798941:12579392:GOLFACCESSORIES-&gsidynamic=GooglePLA-_-GOLFACCESSORIES-_-GOLFACCESSORIES-_-SKU-12579392
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2014, 08:44 PM »
I just made some rod holders for the inside of my bucket today.  It is 1" thin walled PVC.  the tops are cut at 45 angles.  I probably put them a little close together, but I hate spinning reels so everything else will be an inline reel.  I drilled a hole in the top of them and used rivets to attach them.

Offline bryantukkah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2014, 12:44 AM »
Try picking up some Golf club tubes from a sporting goods store. They are cheap (2.99), rigid and you can cut them to length.
I slide them right down to the reel handle.

This sounds like a good idea.  I believe he means the other way around... Like rod tip down and the blank all the way in the tube so the rod is resting on the spinning reel stem with just the reel and butt end sticking out the top of the tube.  No more line and guides and lures and bait and baits to get all tangled together or even in the way.  I like it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.