Author Topic: Good deal??  (Read 1153 times)

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good deal??
« on: Sep 24, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow morning I'm going to be purchasing quite a bit of ice fishing gear for $450. It includes:

A Jiffy Stealth STX 8" 2hp gas auger, a Shappell DX3000 portable ice shanty, 5 tip-ups, 2 rods, ice scoop, lures, and a bag for the rods and tip ups.

Everything is 3 or 4 years old. The auger has only been used 3 times, drilling an estimated 20-30 holes, the shanty was only used twice and is in near new condition. For the tipups there are 2 wooden Frabil, 2 of the plastic HTs, and 1 insulated polar. I believe the rod combos were HT Woodsmans and were medium actions. For tackle its supposed to be a lot of tear drops and jigs with about $40-$50 of swedish pimples. All of the tackle is supposed to be next to new, being that it was only used about 4 times if at all.

So what you guys think? Worth it?

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
Re: Good deal??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2010, 02:50 AM »
I think it sounds like a pretty good deal.  I'd be pretty darn excited, that's pretty much everything you need, except ice!  Gonna be hard to look at all that for the next month or two.

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2010, 05:12 AM »
Thats one of those "jump on it with both feet" deals !  ;D  Great score, Acrawfor !!

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:55 AM »
I'd buy it.....and I probably wouldn't tell my Wife either!
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:31 AM »
I'd buy it.....and I probably wouldn't tell my Wife either!

Yikes, I've done that.  Isn't there a man law that states if you buy something, put it in the garage in plain view (no hiding it behind something) and she doesn't notice, you aren't required to tell her about it?  Or maybe it's that you've always had it..It's something along those lines.....

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:53 PM »
I did end up getting this. Everything was in great shape, minus 1 tip up with a bit of surface rust on it. It still will work fine though. The auger started up and ran great. He was a little off on what the tackle was, but still came away with some good stuff. Major stuff ended up being 5 pimples, 1 moonglow, 2 buckshots, 4 jiggin raps, 1 cicada, and 4 hali/slammer style jigs. There were also about 30 tear drops in there.

The shanty was in near perfect shape, the bottom wasn't even scuffed. I think I may sell it though. I have a clam trap that I like the setup more.

surflizard

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Way to go acrawfor, Thats a Great score !

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:03 PM »
You could probably sell the portable for half what you paid for everything....either way, it's a win/win for you.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Ya thats what I'm hoping to do. $225 for the auger, tipups, rods, tackle, scoop, and a bag...not a bad deal  ;D. Now if we only had some ice....

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2010, 03:02 PM »
SCORE!!!
Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time!!! Good deal...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.