The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Last weekend...  (Read 996 times)

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
Last weekend...
« on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:43 AM »
So I'm thinking this will be my last weekend out for the year; as I have too many other commitments piling up…  Nevertheless, I’d enjoy getting my (3) kids ages 9-12 on some perch & trout…  I’m thinking Converse, Button Bay, Proctor Shoal, Tri-Town…  I will be traveling up from the Rutland area; so I’m trying to minimize my drive.  Feel free to comment or drop me a message; good luck, tight lines, & stay top side this weekend!!

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Re: Last weekend...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Starting to face reality for me too. Next couple weeks probably be it. Other projects that need to be done.
Was hoping to get a day of white perch, but doesn't sound that promising.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Starting to face reality for me too. Next couple weeks probably be it. Other projects that need to be done.
Was hoping to get a day of white perch, but doesn't sound that promising.

Me too on the white perch! Might have to go seaching in the canoe or boat once the ice-out happens.

Might try for lakers after work Friday, then Saturday not sure where or what to chase tomorrow.

Next week will get cold enough to tighten the shorelines back up and the ice won't degrade, but the sun is getting stronger so the candling below the surface will get more extensive.
My unit measured water temp just below the hole yesterday at sandbar park at 32.45F, so it'll keep rising and the ice will melt away from both sides, especially now that there's no snow cover on top.
Ice is still thick and strong enough to support vehicles, but probably not for long and I PRAY WE DON'T HAVE REPORTS OF PEOPLE IN VEHICLES BREAKING THRU THE ICE...this is the type of season where people tend to get complacent...I'm done driving on after this weekend.

Offline DirtyDan23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2019, 07:24 AM »
be careful bringing the kids out! I was on Mallets yesterday and old holes were opening right up, must have bee close to 25" in diameter.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:21 PM »
Last weekend ? best time of the season. lots of ice , fish will be moving in , warm sun. looks like a plank season to me.  :)

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Hope we get a few more weeks before plank season.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.