Author Topic: Sacarider Lake?  (Read 928 times)

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Sacarider Lake?
« on: Jan 13, 2024, 11:26 PM »
Recently moved to Noble County and this little lake is close to home. Anybody have any experience out there? Is it worth the effort or are there better options? The only lakes I have fished out this way are Bear and Sylvan but if this one right by my house is an option I would rather do that. Also curious about Bixler, although locals have told me they don't eat anything from it.

Offline ClausonJ2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sacarider Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2024, 08:01 AM »
Sacarider is a good lake with some good fish in it. I've only ever bass fished it but always did well. It doesn't get much traffic which is nice. Bixler is also a nice gem with a variety of fish. I heard last time they shocked it, it had a state record pike but that's just hearsay.

Offline wolverine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I ain't gettin em I'm Lookin
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:24 PM »
Haven’t been on it in some time, but got a mess of quality gills and crappies more often than not. Found it to be a tough lake to get them to bite. Definitely worth your time to learn this small lake since it’s close to home and hit the others in your area also. Good luck

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:47 PM »
Thanks guys, here's hoping it happens next weekend  :tipup:

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2024, 10:32 AM »
For any interested I just went out and checked, fully locked up, a little over 2 inches in front of the launch, very little snow on top.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2024, 11:02 AM »
Fished it this summer with limited success but as others have mentioned I caught a few good eating size gils and crappie. Well worth putting in some effort being so close.

Offline wolverine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I ain't gettin em I'm Lookin
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2024, 04:06 PM »
When yo do venture out on the ice be aware that there is a current and spud spud spud.

Offline Scheu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2024, 05:16 PM »
Sacarider is a big deep bowl that is not easy to fish. You really have to spend the time to figure out that lake. I have seen a lot of guys go there in late spring and pick the big gills of their beds. I've never been on the ice there. Good luck and be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.