Author Topic: Spud and Tight Lines  (Read 470 times)

Offline erikschultz99

• IceShanty Rookie
Spud and Tight Lines
« on: Jan 12, 2024, 09:39 AM »
What an exciting week we have ahead of us. Just got everything in order and organized and in the truck. And most importantly my spud bar. I'm sure we can all agree we can NOT wait to got on this hard water again and watch some springs and bobbers start going down. We could actually have a season this year!! It's almost hard to remember the last time that happened. But most importantly I Pray that everyone travels out safely and makes it home without any issues. I've been on this forum for a little while and I know it's seemed to have dropped in members in Indiana at least, not sure on the other states. But I hope we can continue this forum this season as a strong group of fellow fishermen and help each other with reports of conditions and some good tips and tricks. I'll try my best too.   

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spud and Tight Lines
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2024, 09:46 AM »
I just finished putting all my stuff in the car. I'll be doing some small water scouting on both sides of the state line Sunday afternoon to see how the ice is shaping up.

Offline erikschultz99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:20 AM »
I'm planning on checking the channels at Maxi Wednesday and maybe stop by bruce lake too

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:40 AM »
Sled has been loaded with gear ready to be pulled out since Thanksgiving!!

I will report back on ice conditions once i get out next weekend. Stay safe everyone!
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2024, 01:28 PM »
Ride went into winter mode and have sled on roof rack and batteries charged. Got my kid a float suit for Christmas and ready to make some trips out. Be safe everyone. If anyone wants a partner for early ice near the fort Wayne to Michigan line area hit me up. Always nice to travel with others
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2024, 06:55 PM »
Everyone is getting ready to go.  Let's just hope people use common sense.  Read on here last Thurs. two guys fell in in upper New York state.  One didn't make it out.  That's one too many already for 2024.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.