The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bomo or Glen  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bomo or Glen
« on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Any ice yet on bomo, glen, or any of the ponds? Im away at college, and would appreciat any info. Thanks

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bomo or Glen
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Thanks for the update Andrew. I'll prob be by the bait shop. What are you guys suposed to be getting in for bait. Do you have any quick strike rigs? Thanks.
Oh ya, wheres white face?

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:46 PM »
anybody fish this weekend? heard 3 guys north of the birdge on sat
and hey andy does tom have emeralds also?

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:19 PM »
andy I think the new rules are taking everyone by surprise. Like I said in my last post is people need to pick up a phone and call bait shops and see what they have..... Its the best way rather then degrade people about the new rules........ I know I will be making some calls because reading all of these post will confuse anybody......jim s

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2007, 06:53 PM »
you can call the state seems how they didnt advertize the new laws ,not many people  are aware of them

Offline swortz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:44 PM »
I read in the paper about the new regs. It looks like the bait shops will be boing well whith this.

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2007, 08:10 PM »
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:00 PM »
hate to say it but we stood around like a bunch of dumb rednecks!! prob not an easy  fix by now but there is a fix somewhere!!  this is just foolish!! i will go see rob in the am as im fishing bomo tomrrow and i will report in with what i know

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:10 PM »
where are you fishing on bomo?

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:30 PM »
north of the bridge if i have to!! would like to be on te3h south side or even by the state park but im thinking not enough ice to be choosey:)

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:38 PM »
no ice at state park,3.5in at boatlaunch 4in north of bridge

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:31 AM »
i live in castleton vt and i work at a baitshop

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Chill out man

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2007, 12:52 PM »
This is why I say stop the bla bla and make a phone call to a bait shop to see what is for sale and were you can use it stop all the back and fourth bullcrap........jim s

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I really think that people are going to find out the hard way and you know F & W are going to be looking they need to make $$$ and this is a good way for them to do it.  They have done a good job messing up Vermont now they need to fix it. the sale of fishing and hunting licences has dropped so much they need to find $$ some how.....jim s

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:08 PM »
well here we go. You answer to the  question is YES. Not all wardens are alike but I did have a run in with one last year and he made the commit that his day was young and he was going to have fun with tickets. I asked him if thats all he was out here to do is wright tickets or just make sure that everyone is going by the rules. He told me the state did not make $$$$ by him walking around and bullcrapting with us guys. he told me that if he wanted to he could find something on every singal person on the ice that day. Like I said they are not all the same BUT when you run into an ass like that who is just looking to wright tickets. This is the same guy that asked me for my licence 2 times in the 3 hours I was out there.  How would you take it. Who needs to put up with that crap.......jim s

Offline andy VT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:27 PM »
whitch info is inacurate acording to you knowitalls?

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:37 PM »
first of all I hear what you are saying inhousesoccer. Second of all Andy who are the know it alls?
.......jim s

Offline icebunny21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Andy is not 100 percent wrong.  The commissioner must approve the fish farm in which the bait for use in all inland waters is approved.  There is a substantial list of baitfish that are acceptable for use in Vermont.  At this present time, there is not a farm approved which sells anything other than fatheads, suckers, and Arkansas shiners.  Depending on who you talk to, the Arkansas shiner is not the same as a golden shiner.  A native golden shiner is gold in color while an Arkansas shiner is more of a silver color.  In the eyes of the fish farms, a shiner is a shiner.  They consider Arkansas a golden shiner, as is written on your local baitshops fish health reports.  As far as advertising for the new regulation is concerned, Rutland county has only seen 1 letter to the editor in the paper and one small ad in the back section of the Rutland Herald back in early November.  If you went to buy bait at this time, the only information available at a bait shop is word of mouth or if the owner was nice enough to print the regs off the internet for you.  I fished on Monday and had a chance to talk with one bait shop owner who had written out 16 receipts for bait.  Out of the 16, he said that only 3 or 4 of the people new about the new regulation.  As far as Champlain zone bait dealers go, I have called many of them to try and get some hunts or emeralds.  I was not able to find 1 that had any.  Many of the baitshops up near the border actually told me they were planning on switching to the interior zone in able to sell their bait(Certified only, non native!) to customers who want to go anywhere, not just Lake Champlain.

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:11 PM »
I have heard through the grapevine that of my friends and employees(3 other F & W broom sweepers), that not many people know about these rules. Yes I saw it in the Rutland Herald, which an employee brings into work, I did not see anything on TV, but I rarely watch network(Dirty Jobs and How It's Made gets my viewing). I did happen to read about it in my State email account.

It is my understanding, I could be wrong, but the money from tickets Game Wardens write go into the General Fund and not into F&W fund, but don't take that as truth since I represent my personal knowledge on this board and not gospel truth from F & W.

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:21 PM »
boy you guys are on fire tonight!!lmao CALM DOWN!!!!` the bait that is being distributed is from arkansa it comes into swanton and is then sent out! they are  shiners and they are durable the price not that bad!! you cant use anything without a receipt from the bait store!!THE GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US IS THAT AS OF FEB 18 THE SENATE OR HOUSE HAS TO LOOK AT THE BILL AND AT THAT TIME IN ORDER FOR IT TO  STILL BE IN EFFECT THEY HAVE TO SIGN THE PAPER AND WITH THAT COMES PUBLIC HEARINGS!! THIS WHOLE MESSS IS THE RESULT OF THE VHS VIRUS FOUND IN THE ONTARIO FISH!! IT CAN DESACRATE  A HUGE PORTION OF THE FISH POP!! ITS IN THE ST LAWRENCE SYSTEM SO ITS GOING TO SHOW UP IN CHAMPLAIN! THE FISH AND WILD LIFE  PEOPLE WENT ON RED ALERT!! DID THEY GO OVER BOARD I THINK SO AS YOU DO BUT THERE IS A CONCERN! LETS ALL JUST CALM DONW GET ON THE  SAME PAGE AND UNITE AND SEE IF WE CAN AT LEAST MAKE IT ALITTLE BETTER

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Yes, no more b***hing at the price of bait. Just think of how much it would cost to improve filtration at the Ed Weed Fish Culture Station to filter out this virus.....gonna be an awfully big condom.

Offline icebunny21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:52 PM »
This disease is a very real threat and in my own opinion would devastate a smaller body of water such as bomoseen or saint catherine, not to mention the smaller ponds.  All the states surrounding the great lakes area have initiated rules similar to Vermont, some less harsh.  This is a threat that is going to affect us for years to come.  Right now, It has not been found in Champlain, although New York and Vermont is testing, expecting it.  This disease is new enough to the US that the cycles are still not known.  It is still uncertain if the fish that have not died from this can reproduce an offspring immune to it.  In my opinion, if the offspring are immune, we may still have a chance.  Fishing may be poor for a little while, but I think we should all deal with it for now in the hopes we can slow the spread of VHS.

Offline bluebomber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:05 PM »
i am quite sure the condom is full of holes and it will have to wait to be seen!!
 im sure hopping that everybody bellyaching has at least been fishing!! there is ice:)

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Remember this is a forum and not a court room.

Offline camocowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:55 PM »
There seems to be a lot people on here who are the world's foremost experts on their own opinions.

Shut up and fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.