Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607396 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15300 on: Mar 24, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Hope today finds everyone well and/or feeling better. 26 degrees and sunny, heading for 48 today. Who knows, I may see some  open running water here in the next day or two.

Dinner was very good yesterday. Only thing missing was FOOTBALL, but did watch some basketball. I haven't checked our brackets yet but I did read on here that the Jayhawks loss.

Not a lot planned for today. I do bowl tonight but it is the Hi/Low's.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15301 on: Mar 24, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope all was in good shape at the shack  ;)  good luck with the insurance company  :-\ 

Eddie.....not sure yet where we'll end up, depends where I can find 3 or 4 days in a row of nice riding weather  ;)2  looking at AL, GA, FL  @)  hope the job goes well today  :flex:

IF45....hope you have a better day today  :)

IFF....that wind will ruin fishing plans every time  :%$#!:  sorry to hear the leg isn't improving  :(

H2L.....how was that turkey  ???  bet there was no problem listing your reasons to be "thankful"  :thumbsup:

MrC.....glad to see you didn't get snow from Friday's storm  :clap:  roads were pretty nasty here in the morning, all the rain froze things up  ::)  by noon things were sunny and clear tho  :clap:

Hoping the winter weather is over for real now, at least the snow/ice events  :-\  it's time to get all the warm weather toys ready for action  ;D  Might end up making a trip to brown trout territory this week, heard one of the launches is accessible  :whistle:

Have a good day whatever you have going on. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15302 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Another day pushing into the 50's, the dang snow is hanging tight.

WW it sounds like you have some seat time planned :thumbsup: I have never been to any of those states.

Eddie hope you and the boy's have a good day today, it will be fun reading your recap :thumbsup:

IW keep you and your family close to heart these past couple of days.

Today my wife dumped a bunch of dill pickle flavored popcorn out for the turkeys. We were given it for our birthdays an frankly YUCK! The birds have been back and forth all morning picking it up and spitting it out   :o I guess they think of it as we did.

Yesterdays run to the shack was fun. We didn't even get out of the old Buick as the snow there is double what we have at home. I have plans of spending a lot more time there this summer, although with last years bear hun I couldn't complain.

Hope everyone is having an excellent day :thumbsup:Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15303 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:49 AM »
So much for northern lights last night. Crystal clear skies with bright stars. I have seen them a number of times but the wife has never seen them. I did see a few robins around yesterday. When we came home the other night I heard a flock of Tundra Swans headed north. I used to see a lot of them in mid November flying south.  Seldom see any now.

I spent a lot of yesterday getting signatures on the petition to end short time rentals on the lake. A few of those I talked to are considering selling and moving, because of how things are going here any more.

WS Hopefully you can get things straightened out with your insurance so you wife can get the medication she needs for her eye.

I am sorry that Michigan State took Minnesota out of the tournament yesterday. It is too bad that MN lost their big man right off the bat as that might have made the difference. With the number of turnovers State had they were lucky that MN could not capitalize on them.

Eddie I keep thinking I should put my blower away for the summer as it is in the way in the garage. Then I remember some of the big snow storms I have had to deal with in April.

I was building an addition to an office. The boss told me who was going to lay the brick on part of it. I told him NO! That guy had been laying some brick in the office of a dentist friend. One of his gals came to him with a nitrous mask asking what is this on the mask? It was mortar. He had been playing with the nitrous. When the guy came in after the office closed to finish the job, he was fired. Luckily the job was almost done so I was able to fudge in laying the rest of the brick. On the office job the owner and I had already decided who was going to lay the brick. A friend of mine that was a first class mason did the job. There were a lot of cuts as the brick went below a bay window area. My fiend said that the brick the owners wife picked out was the hardest brick he had ever had to cut.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15304 on: Mar 24, 2019, 04:19 PM »
 :( :( :'( :'( put new cable on.......Nope, didn't fix it. :wacko: :'( :'(
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15305 on: Mar 24, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Well that sure sucks  >:(

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15306 on: Mar 24, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, 50 degrees out here today. Still have some snow in the yard. Went to church this morning. Surgery is getting closer. 2 weeks from Tuesday. Had anyone had any trouble buying from the pro shop? I have a old ice shanty low profile hat that has seen better days and want to replace it. But it says there are issues on the site. Not sure who to contact. I sent a email with no answer back.

IFF, I’m sorry the cable didn’t fix the problem.

Tom Turkey, always the possibility of a snow storm after you put the snow blower away. That stinks your having so many issues with the association.

Whopper Stopper, Never knee turkeys were fussy.

Hunts2long, Glad you and your wife had a enjoyable dinner.

I hope everyone had a good day. Do many people here go go on my fish finder?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15307 on: Mar 25, 2019, 01:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 27* this am, high of 39 today.

I-45....no dealings with the Pro Shop here, hope you get some type of reply today.
  Bud...X2 on Wally’s reply. Do you have a MinnKota dealer close by to have it looked at?
  Tom...best of luck with the petition!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad you had a nice day out and ride to the shack. That’s pretty funny about the turkeys!   :clap:
  Wally...looks like a few warmer days coming in this week, best of luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:
  H2....hope the bowling went well last night!   :thumbsup:

Early start again this am....will catch up to you all this afternoon. Job went well yesterday.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15308 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

28 heading to 44 later today. They had been talking rain but that has been taken away.

Eddie glad the side job went well, hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

IW hope all went well for you this weekend with weather and travels :thumbsup:

WW best of luck if you head out looking for Browns :thumbsup:

I have therapy first thing this morning. I am guessing he will add a couple new exercises. Today I am going to start getting back into walking. The temps are warm enough and the ice is off the road so no excuses.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15309 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck at therapy. so glad it appears to be doing the trick for you  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

IW.....safe travels on your return trip  ;) hope the weekend brought you comfort and some smiles as memories of days gone by were shared   :angel

Eddie....glad the side job went well  :thumbsup:  weekends sure do fly by don't they  ???

TT.....sounds like the whole board should be resign and start from scratch  :blink:  good luck getting things back on track  ;)

IFF.....hope y ;)ou can get the problem figured out soon :wacko:

Got all the ice gear cleaned up, dried, repacked and put away in the cellar yesterday  :(  by the end of today the boat will be water ready again  :woot: life is good  @) :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15310 on: Mar 25, 2019, 06:56 AM »
Good Morning. 26 overnight, going to about 40 today.
WW, must be nice to have the boat ready to go. It will be a while around here. Still have about a foot of the white stuff in the yard.
Eddie, good that the weekend job is done, now back to work.
Bowled pretty good last night. 728 but it was an 8 pin-no-tap so didn't have to pick many spares. Woman that bowled on our lanes had 300/254/300 and she is only a 150 bowler.
Wife has an eye doctors appt. this morning and I still have to catch up on our brackets from the weekend. Turkey soup is in the crock pot.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15311 on: Mar 25, 2019, 08:07 AM »
27* with sun for the next few days. There is still plenty of snow where the sun does not get to it.

ww. The board would never resign as they have us where they want us. It has been 4 against one since they took over. Dick the only fair one on the board is an accountant. He has been trying to get the management company's financial report straightened out for quite a while from what I heard at the last meeting. He is thinking of not running again because of how they treat him.  If I had run last year one of them that is up for election was reappointed as he did not run and no one else did. It is hard to get anyone to run for the board. I see they pulled the assn. pontoon out of the garage Saturday. Must be they could not figure out how to get the motor off of the toon. Sadly they think that Manual Labor is the President of Mexico.

WS The turkey's spitting out that nasty popcorn just shows that they are not as dumb as people think they are. there are so many crazy concoctions in the grocery stores any more it is ridiculous. Just think some one gets paid to come up with that stuff.
Glad to here that your therapy is helping.

I think I will start cleaning up the yard today where the snow is gone. I need to wash the wife's car from going to get a signature on the petition signed the other day. The guy has been in the gravel business for 30 years. When they put some gravel down near his cottage it was basically clay with a little stone mixed in. Needless to say he is not happy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15312 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Good Day, This past weekend and the coming one Maple syrup producers in my section of NY. have open houses. Made a trip to a sugar house in western part of my county yesterday interesting to see the modern equipment and learn more about the syrup making process. Also found out some producers are putting the syrup in barrels used for aging whiskey after a period of time the syrup takes on the flavor of whiskey that was in the barrel. This producer uses barrels that held rye whiskey i tried a sample you can taste a hint of rye in the syrup.
IFF sorry your weekend had a couple sad moments between the Jayhawks being eliminated from the NCAA tournament and the new cable not solving the problem with I-Pilot.
Eddie a change in elevation can make a difference in weather glad you had no problems transporting the cement mixer. Enjoy the new shelter any certain make and model have your eye or just holding out for a good deal.
Lil Maggot hope there were no canoe problems and you found the perch and crappies.
Hunts2long glad the belated Thanksgiving dinner was a good time sure it lifted your wife's spirit.
Wallyworld have a great trip whenever you make it any reasons for a southern state trip or just want to enjoy warmer weather for a few days. Is the boat ready to chase down some brown trout.
Whopper Stopper they sure make some different flavored food items these days .I enjoy dill pickle chips on a hamburger  from time to time think I would pass on flavored popcorn. Guess your better pack some snowshoes when making early spring trips to your shack. Hope all went well with the PT .
Tom Turkey may the petition get action on the short term rentals sounds like a big division between the majority of Assoc. board members and some residents. Wonder if the board members think if enough properties are put up for sale they can get family and friends to buy them that plan often leads to problems.
Ice-fisher-45 if you receive no reply to your email after a few days contact member Iceshanty by personal message he is the website founder and owner should be able to help you with the order. His first name is Scott. Thank you for supporting the website. Good to read you felt good enough  to attend church yesterday.
Capt.Jim may things go well at the ortho. doctor tomorrow.
Ice Wanderer hope yesterday was not to hard on you and the family and helps with the healing process. Mat all of you have a safe trip home.

A good and safe night to all.
Steve

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15313 on: Mar 25, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Sent an email to Minnkota asking if the sympton might might the mother board has failed, works with foot control.  Hope they shed some light on what gives with it.

Weather guesser says 70* tomorrow.

Getting a little break in job duties, come next week, being a couple days at an RV Show. :whistle: with lunch provided  :thumbsup: :clap:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15314 on: Mar 26, 2019, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  25* with some NW winds this am, high of 38 today.

Bud...good luck, hopefully they will be able to figure out what the problem is. Might see those warmer temps here later this week...ice season will soon be coming to end here.
  Steve...keeping my options open at this point on a flip over shelter...lightest possible weight/most room/ best deal. I keep thinking about those long drags out/back without transportation. Must admit, the Snowdog has caught my attention after seeing one up close and in action a few times this season.  ;D.  Thats pretty neat using the whiskey barrels for the syrup, haven’t heard of that.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...it sure sounds like a great opportunity for another party to form and run against this board.
  H2...congrats on your bowling, nice job! Amazing job by that woman with the 300 games, wow! Did she get two diamond rings for that?  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally...I’m thinking my ice gear will be getting stored after this weekend as well...one more trip! Will be looking forward to your Lake Ontario trips!!   :clap:
  Marv...hope yesterday’s session went well, glad the therapy has been working out well.  :thumbsup: 

We’ve got some outside work planned for today at some point. Not certain what’s on the agenda, we were told to dress for it when clocking out...can hardly wait to see what this is all about, lol.
  Heard it mentioned we may be inside for another 4-5 weeks on the terrazzo. Think everyone is about ready to get outside again and get in the fresh air.
  Well, getting closer to Friday anyway...  ;D....Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15315 on: Mar 26, 2019, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....the trip south is simply to have a chance to ride while we wait for warmer weather around here  ;) we just look for roads off the beaten path and go exploring with no particular destination in mind  @)

IFF.....sounds like a nice break in work duties  :thumbsup:  hope whatever the motor fix turns out to be that it isn't too expensive  :-\

H2L....those are some amazing scores  :flex: :clap:  99.9% of the snow is gone around here....hopefully it stays that way too  ::) 

TT.....is there no agency with oversight of the board  ???  seems if there's questionable money handling there should be a way to report that to someone that would be able take legal action

Eddie.....most shorelines around here are broken up now, saw a few people on Oneida yesterday  :blink: :wacko:  not sure how they got out, either planks or waders   ???  :o  :cookoo: those snowdogs do look interesting  ;)2

CapJ.....fingers crossed all goes well for MrsCap at her appointment today  :)

WS.....hope yesterday's therapy session went well also  ;)  bet it's nice to get back outside and walk again  @)

A cool start to the day 17* but crystal clear skies with plenty of sun should put us near 40* later  :thumbsup:  Just waiting and watching for the winds to die down so we aren't fighting 4' & 5' waves on the lake, then it will be game on  :woot: :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15316 on: Mar 26, 2019, 06:38 AM »
14 and clear. Heading for upper 30's today.

WW, good luck if you get out onto the lake. Be safe.

Eddie, they don't give rings anymore even if it were a real 300. Seems like years ago they gave you a patch for just about anything out of the norm. I even got a patch for the 7/10 I picked. Nice weather shows up and you get moved inside. At least you will be able to go sit in the park and watch the "birds" at lunch time.

Wife's eye doctors appt went pretty good. She does need to have a cataract removed. Have to get it cleared with NYC but that shouldn't be an issue.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15317 on: Mar 26, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 crawling into the50's later today, tomorrow all systems go for a 60 degree day.

Eddie hope your day goes well. That use to be one of the old boss's games, hinting about the next day but never telling.

WW good luck if you make it out on the open water. Menards is having their construction sale so I will head in later and get some liquid nails and anything else that may be needed for my old boat.

mr.clean no kidding on the snow shoes. I was going to drive my truck into the backyard yesterday morning and I got stuck. The crust on the snow is unbelievable, I waited until 3pm and had no problem. I hope the warm week eats the pac up :clap:

TT x2 on the crazy foods out there these days. What happened to a roast, potatoes and a piece of apple pie ??? It seems one of the requirements these days is unrecognizable food, and some sort of a palate numbing agent :cookoo:

Yesterdays therapy went well, and the therapist actually was ready to cut me loose. He added another 4 stretches to work in and it was my choice to set up one more session in 2 weeks. After that I will be on my own to find time every day to work in some stretching time. My opinion this time of PT sure did a 180 from what it was.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what is on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15318 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Morning. Another sunny day on tap. So much for blowing leaves yesterday, the NE wind was to cold. When I went to change a couple of suet  cages out yesterday. I sunk about two inches in mud. The snow had been gone for a few days but the frost that is still in the ground kept it from drying out.

A couple of state legislators introduced a bill that would have made it so you could only boat on a lake from 8 am until sunset. I guess they thought they could get this through on the sly. They never expected the uproar it would stir up when it was made public. I saw an interview with one of them. He seemd like he was not working with a full deck.

Headed to the wife's doctor this after noon as she has developed some issues withthe hand she had surgery on. They will take off the bandage to see what is the problem. They will pull the stiches a few days early an hopefully make her a new splint that she will have to wear for a few weeks.

She has been messaging with her sister. Her husband had what should have been a simple heart procedure but has developed some complictatons. it soundslike they have it figured out now. They had  to use a diffibulator on him a couple of times. I wonder where they found a bed big eough for him as he is 6' 10.

ww. I saw a couple of Harleys on the road yesterday. It has to be a chilly ride.

I do not know who would have over sight over the board. I keep thinking about  talking to the guy on Fox that investigates problems. He went after the State Unemployment agency after a screw up in their system started going after a lot of people for fraud. There was no fraud. The state was going after bank acounts and tax refunds. He was able to get that straighend out.

WS A good old chuck roast with carrots and taters done the old fashond way on top of the stove. Sear the roast than cook it low and slow for a few hours. Every time I want to do one that way the wife puts it in the crock pot. Not the same.

Eddie Baby backs were the main dish last night. These were let to live past the pigglet stage. I went through quit a few before I found some meaty ones at the family owned meat market we go to. They have been in the business for around 100 years.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15319 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Morning, Everybody

Sunny, no clouds, chilly start to the day, hoping for 50's by p.m.

Just finished helping Ellie get dressed & ready for the trip to the Ortho., more on this later

Went to see my Urologist last night for the followup to my procedure 2 weeks ago, mixed news, have to have more tests done-some bloodwork & urine tests show adv. bladder
     cancer, WHAT?, could be false positives from one of the meds. I take & from the scratching the kidney/bladder stones did that were removed at procedure, more on this as it
     develops

W.S. - Glad to hear you are doing well with the exercises, good luck with the home version

H2L - Other than the cataract, how is the 'boss' doing?

Being called - be back later

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15320 on: Mar 26, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 34 degrees here right now. Supposed to go in the 40 today. Pain in my neck and arm and headache has been getting worse and my lower back is acting up. My wife thinks it’s because i’m Moving around more. Hopefully surgery will help. 2 more weeks from today.

Captain Jim, I hope all goes well with your wife’s ortho appointment. Hopefully it is a false positive on your tests.

Tom Turkey, I hope they get a handle on your wife’s hand and a speedy recovery. A speedy recovery to your wife’s sisters husband.

IFF, Hope it turns out to be a easy fix on your motor.

Whopper Stopper Good news about the physical therapist cutting you loose.

Hunts2long, When will they do the Cateract surgery?

Hope everyone has a great day today. Tight lines to those lucky enough to fish today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15321 on: Mar 26, 2019, 05:06 PM »
CapJ.....fingers crossed the test results are false positive, thoughts and prayers sent your way

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15322 on: Mar 26, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Capt Jim

X 2 on WW's post, prayers sent!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15323 on: Mar 26, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Capt. Jim Praying the bladder cancer diagnosis is a false positive. How did the wife's ortho appointment go? Hoping there is no complications from not getting things taken care of right away.

H2L Cataract surgery is not that hard any more. It only takes a short time to get the cataract out and an implant put it.  I got to see the wife's first one done on closed circuit TV. You wife will not need a eye glass on that eye for distance but will need one to read.

It was a pretty long appointment at the hand doctors today. Her hand felt better as soon as the bandage was removed. They could not take out the stitches today so back on Friday to get them taken out. She has two more incisions than I had. They must be from their putting some thing to reroute a tendon. She said they put some thing like button in toe reroute the tendon. They show black in xrays. After the doctor was done she went to their therapy department. They reformed her splint. She had the head theripist working with her. He was surprized how well she could move her thumb already. She is scheduled for therapy there for a few weeks. It will be well worth the trip once a week.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15324 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Evening, All

Ellie did good at the Ortho., because we stabilized/immobilized the arm at the gitgo, the Dr. said no extra work needs to be done, other than to let it heal on it's own, still will be
     4 weeks before P.T. starts, or driving, that one is the 'killer', but a small price to pay if she doesn't want surgery for a shoulder replacement

Me? - Been reading up on my 'condition' - rumor has it that the 'glucophage' that I take for the diabetes plays hell when having some tests done for the urinary system, the
     next testing go-round will require me to be 'off drug' for at least 24 hours before test, then waiting for urologist Dr. to get results back before approval to resume drug,
     minimum of 48 hrs. after test, again, small price to pay for accurate results, will be getting in contact with lab. doing testing to set up appt. date, and see if driver is
     needed to and from

T.T. - Did the wife have 'carpal tunnel' done ?

Mason - Just remember, every once in a while, soft water fishing is needed to break the doldrums of weekend work, it helps to keep 'sanity' in check

As always - Thank you to all for thoughts and prayers, they are always appreciated

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15325 on: Mar 27, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!    Clear/calm 21* this am, high of 48 today.

Capt.Jim...X3 on Wally’s reply, thoughts and prayers sent your way this morning. Please keep us posted Sir. That was great news on Ellie, best wishes sent her way on a full recovery with no surgery.   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Tom...very good news on your wife also, continued success to her with the therapy.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...we’ll be counting down the days with you till surgery, hope you’re feeling better today buddy.   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope there isn’t too much of a problem for your wife getting cleared for her cataract surgery, best wishes sent her way this am.   :thumbsup:
  Marv....great news on your therapy, keep up the good work with the stretching and exercises!   :clap:
  Wally...took a ride by my local lake yesterday, shoreline still looking ok, but covered in snow still. Maybe tomorrow I’ll bring the spud if we start early and check it again. Hope the winds calm down for you as the temps rise over the next few days....those big Browns will be waiting!   :thumbsup:

The majority of our crew escaped the outside work yesterday, another project at the mansion. Thankful I wasn’t chosen for this mission, lol. They have to work 7-3:30 hours until it’s complete.
  Not much to report on my end, still plugging along on the terrazzo and waiting for the new budget to pass so we can get outside and back on our other projects....that’s what’s keeping inside now.
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15326 on: Mar 27, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 26 degrees here this morning. Supposed to be near 50. Wife is working a double today but will have tomorrow off to recoup. She worries about leaving me alone for so long.

Captain Jim, That is great news about your wife not needing surgery. Prayers for both you and your family.

Tom Turkey, I’ m glad your wife’s hand is doing better.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15327 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ.....glad to hear MrsCap is well on the road to recovery w/o surgery  :thumbsup:  you've both been thru the wringer lately, time to turn the page  ;)

H2L....good luck to MrsH on her upcoming eye surgery  :)

Eddie.....please be VERY careful if you decide to head out again, no swimming allowed  :nono: :woot:

IF45....hope your pain eases up a bit as you wait for your surgery date to arrive  :-\

TT....great news on MrsTT's hand  :thumbsup: :flex:  no riding for us till it warms up, 60* is about the minimum we'll venture out in  ;)2

WS.....glad to hear the therapy has worked so well and changed your opinions  ;D  guess it just all depends on the cause of your pain whether therapy helps the problem or just helps drain the bank account  :whistle: 

IW.....hope all is well with you sir  :)

Going to ride up to the fish hatchery in Pulaski this morning, they are starting to strip steelhead today  :thumbsup:  then a quick recon run along Ontario to confirm the launch areas are clear of ice  ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15328 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:26 AM »
17 and clear.
Capt. Jim, thoughts and prayers are with you. I do know that when someone is taking a lot of meds. it can really mess up other test. Plus, if you read all the labels on the meds. you are taking, we wouldn't take any of them. My wife WILL NOT read any of them. She has me read them and I just keep an eye on any STRANGE behavior, which sometimes keeps me busy. She is doing very well by the way.

TT, I passed your info on the cataract operation on to the wife. Thanks. Looks like it will be some time next month.

Eddie, I always liked my "old boss", we didn't want to have to train a "new one".

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15329 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Good Morning everyone :bow:

Today we may hit the low 60's. The rest of the week will be a slight cool down, the snow pac keeps hanging on.

Eddie good deal on escaping  the outdoor work yesterday :thumbsup: I am guessing once the weather starts warming the outdoor work will be welcomed.

WW safe travels checking out the fishing areas :thumbsup: Hope a trip with the boat is right around the corner :clap: :clap:

45 hope you are starting to feel better :thumbsup:

IW hope all is going well for you :thumbsup:

Later this morning I have to go get my new lenses. Yesterday a lady called to tell me they were ready and I needed to make an appointment to get them. I asked her when I could come and she said anytime :whistle: I said how about right now ??? She said no this morning is full. I asked about the afternoon, and she said no we are booked. She said I could have anytime this morning. I said OK how about 8am, and she said the first opening was 11:30. I said fine, put me down. Then she asks if I was sure, that maybe I wanted earlier ??? Sometimes it's just like people don't realize what the are saying. Kind of like when they ask you "How are you today" Most of the time they don't even wait for an answer.

My wife is on day 3 of her eye drops and so far all seems well. She is taking 16 drops throughout the day, she said it's just like a full time job. Her only complaint is that the drops are almost like gritty Vaseline and it takes about 20 minutes before her vision is 100% out of her eye. We are just hoping the dang things keep working.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:  Stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.