Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: team Iowa get together  (Read 12986 times)

Offline buffettphan606

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on!
Re: team Iowa get together
« Reply #60 on: Dec 01, 2007, 10:05 AM »
I have the purple otter lodge and it is a good rig, but your right it is heavy and difficult to load alone, especially when i added the bench seat and all the rest of the goodies. I am considering one of those pakshak 3 units, just have to hook it to the ice if its windy. Count me in on the get together, i used to icefish bc when i was younger and just this summer we nailed the crap out of walleyes, just all dinks though, still fun all the same. bphan

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 01, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Can you get a link for the Otters?? 

Negative.

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #62 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Thanks for the input guys...I talked to the guy at Otter...and I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

One more ?  :      Does it lock in a windbreak position like the Frabil??  Thanks again.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:08 AM »
    Does it lock in a windbreak position like the Frabil??  Thanks again.

Yes
Ken                                          

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #64 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Thanks for getting me back on track.....(love the avatar)

Think that is the clincher...Otter city.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline badgercreekfreek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take a kid fishing!
« Reply #65 on: Dec 03, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Boy ... I sure wish I didn't have family @#$% (stuff) the next 3 weekends!  I may have to be "sick" this coming weekend so I can get my ice fix in!  Good luck to the crew getting together and post up some results (with pics)!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:31 PM »
If any of you guys want to make the drive, we are having a get together on Mille Lacs in Jan. We are still ironing out the wrinkles, but it should be a good time.

Appledoorns Sunset Bay Resort has generously offered to give Iceshanty.com members 20% off of shack rentals and 50% off of road passes for our gathering on Jan 19. If any of you guys are still thinking of comming, there are shacks remaining and fun to be had!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=58648.0

http://www.sunsetbayml.com/

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Appledoorns Sunset Bay Resort has generously offered to give Iceshanty.com members 20% off of shack rentals and 50% off of road passes for our gathering on Jan 19. If any of you guys are still thinking of comming, there are shacks remaining and fun to be had!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=58648.0

http://www.sunsetbayml.com/

There will be 9 of us there for sure, but we're already booked out of Hunter's point.  We'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday, so the chances are pretty good that we'll be able to hook up with ya, tho.

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #68 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:04 AM »
I know the weekends are getting filled up with tourneys and trips, etc for some of us for the months of Jan/Feb already so I was thinking maybe we could target Dec 30th or Jan 13th for a get together on Big Creek. I might be fishing there on Sunday so we can get a current ice report

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.