Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Cornelia  (Read 10036 times)

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Cornelia
« Reply #60 on: Feb 11, 2015, 06:26 PM »
Anyone been out lately?

Offline SlimeyJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2015, 07:58 PM »
went there sunday  a lot of lookers no takers was in about 18fow

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 15, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Ended up with about a dozen keepers...Very slow...Drilled 30ish holes, didn't move around nearly as much as I wanted to but with the wrather conditions, it made it a little trickier. Oh and I caught at least 1 dink yellow out of every single hole...Easily 40+dinks left on the ice now, my trail starts by the bridge and ends halfway across the lake, just follow the little yellows ;D

Offline SlimeyJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 16, 2015, 06:10 AM »
hahaha  nice   i like to use them as bait  :o

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 21, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Went out for a few hours today...Cleaned 44 yellows and removed another 20 or so 3 inch dinks. Also iced my pb yellow from Cornelia...9.5" yellow...Thinking it may of been one of the originals that entered? Haven't caught any yellows in there above 8.5 besides this one, most average 7-8 with very few exceeding 8. Also caught a few lower teens eyes (Released of course), and a few smaller panfish. And for the first time in the last 3 yeas I finally saw a DNR guy out on the lake talking to people. Probably had to do with the permanent shack removal...But he was a nice guy and joked around with us, Fished 8-17 ft., Caught most around 12-14 ft. Out north of campground. DNR guy said they were catching yellows at the south side as well

Offline SlimeyJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 24, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Hey Bockster.  Have you seen any size to the yellow perch at cornelia lately i catch alot of them but havent seen any bigger size than 5 in or so

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 24, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I personally have not lately. 2 years ago I limited out ice out in the marina fishing in the docks and caught some nice ones off the rocks to the left of the boat launch. Lately I've just been catching the little 5 inch dinks, there was a guy fishing the north shore and he was using minnows and he had yellows, whites, catfish and a few nice perch in his bucket. Sounded like late last fall they were hammering 5 inch perch on the south side in the weeds...We asked the DNR about killing off the lake and they said the perch population should be good in a few years

Offline SlimeyJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:36 AM »
Ok  well thanks for the info. Let me know if you wanna hit up cornelia one of these days

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Nov 28, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Ice is about an inch. Whole lake is froze over with the exception of the NW corner shoreline and a few spots in the middle. Won't be long before we're walking! Caught a few yellows in the marina...Just curious, how does everyone cook up their yellows?

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Nov 28, 2015, 05:07 PM »
usually  just like crappies

Offline TacticalKeychains

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just a guy in his garage, trying to make a living.
« Reply #70 on: Nov 29, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Wow that much ice already! I better go check out Briggs Woods today!

EDIT: no deal, no ice at all :(

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 02, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Ice Report:
Lake opened back up. 60% iced over, 40% open. Poor ice quality for what's there. Less than an inch and slush on top. With high temps this week I dont think we'll be on anytime soon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.