Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1611726 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20040 on: Jul 02, 2020, 04:29 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....only a little over a 1/2" of rain here this week  :-\  congrats on the hand progress  :flex: :thumbsup:

Eddie......a new grandbaby, so exciting congrats to the whole family  :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:  hope the teleconference went well  ;)

IFF.....hoping things are going better for MrsIFF  :)

H2L.....good luck today  ;)2

Heading to the lake shortly  :clap:  going to be 90* today so hopefully we can find some fish sooner rather than later  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20041 on: Jul 02, 2020, 05:05 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Starting at 77 this morning with another 90+ steamer on tap. The guessers are saying 90's through the weekend.

Happy Birthday to our Canadian friend Drifter. Hope you have as good of day as possible Dave, don't forget to give Sahtu a piece of cake.

Eddie Congratulations to you and the family :clap: Like Pat I hope the teleconference went well  :thumbsup:

IW best of luck at PT :thumbsup: The install went fast, now I have some more painting to do. It definitely made a difference although I was expecting more,  but in all fairness with the high heat and humidity it had a big job to do. The nice thing is if I decide to get a size bigger it will fit in the same hole.

WW/ h2l Best of luck on the water :thumbsup:

Time to lace up the shoes and get a walk in before it gets any hotter. I have a couple of errands to run later then some garage time.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20042 on: Jul 02, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning ER's 63* heading to near 90. Happy Birthday Drifter. Good luck to those heading out today. Good health to all.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20043 on: Jul 02, 2020, 07:18 AM »
Good morning all, Just got done with a small job for one of my customers, Painting four flush exterior metal doors. That turned into painting some siding that they couldn't reach. Said i would need a small ladder. Turns out i needed a 24 foot extension ladder. Lucky their carpenter was there changing some door knobs and had his on his truck. I have done work for him in the past. So it was no issue using it. Now that that is done. I am about to start watching Amazons orientation videos today. As i have a tentative start date of July 3. Just got the email to watch the videos last night and have to have them done today. Never worked in a warehouse before. So dont know what to expect. Have sat around long enough waiting for painting work to come in and it still is not. So have to do something. Will be a major cut in what i make hourly (when i am working) but it will be better than what i have been making since this virus came to be here. A bit apprehensive about this new job. Just dont know what to expect. So used to working by myself or with a very small crew. Then there is e 50 minute drive one way to look forward too. Won't be bad now but come winter could be an issue as it takes me through a lot of open areas. Hope everyone is healing up well and getting their medical issues taken care of. All the best.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20044 on: Jul 02, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Happy birthday Drifter!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20045 on: Jul 02, 2020, 06:51 PM »
Dave Happy Birthday, Hope you made it a good one
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20046 on: Jul 02, 2020, 09:04 PM »
 Good evening believe today was the hottest to date so far this Summer reached the low nineties this afternoon combined with the humidity made for another muggy day. The wind picked up around 7PM and I had maybe one hour of light rain fall. I will be happy when this weather pattern leaves my area. I did not know there are so many July birthdays among the core 9:45 group.
Drifter hope you had a good day and made it to the cabin for your self isolation.
Ice Wanderer glad you are trying to do something new with your right hand each day and the hand is responding in a positive way.
Hunts2long may the bite have been on this morning and you caught a limit of walleyes before it got to hot out on GSL. I heard on the radio Governor Coumo will make his decision on school buildings reopening sometime in Early August monitoring the number of new Covid-19 cases among school age children if they rise to much it will be distance learning.
Wallyworld ditto my words to Hunts2long may you and Mr.WW have found a good morning bite and gotten off the lake with limits by noontime.
Whopper Stopper thank you for keeping a record of the (;45 members birthdays. This is a bad example but think on humidity reaches a certain level air conditioning becomes less effective just like the "High-Performance" moisture wicking clothing if the air is already saturated with moisture you are going to be sweaty and have wet/damp clothes.
Old Goat do you have your new boxes/case filled with lures from your collection yet.
UFCreel congratulations on scoring the warehouse job with Amazon. If it is like other warehouses/distribution center you will find a fast paced work place and be expected to fill/complete so many orders each day once you have been employed for a certain period of time. You may see performance based pay raises until you reach a certain hourly rate. There is a grocery distribution center for the Stop&Shop chain in my area high rate of employee turnover as people have trouble keeping up with job demands. May you make the cut and survive until things pick up in the painting business .
IFF hope today was better for Janice.
Icefisher-45 may this be a better week for you bad enough dealing with the heat and humidity can not imagine what it is like trying to do so with a pounding head and sore back.

Everyone have a goodnight.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20047 on: Jul 02, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Well the latest is got a call from the Rehab center saying they would be releasing her Tuesday approx 11:00.  And that she would need in home care.  At the morning call, yet another morning waking to over a 500 blood sugar reading.  I called and ask for the doctor that was treating her, (just happened to be in.)  I ask why they were allowing that to happen.  The answer I got from the Doctor was they didn't know why !!!  That they would increase the use of the Humalog insulin to adjust it down.  They just don't know....Unbelievable SMH.  Now it appears the therapist working with her got too ruff and caused a pulled leg muscle, again.....Unbelievable ::)
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20048 on: Jul 03, 2020, 04:13 AM »
Good morning ER's,
            It's 70* and humid here on my hill, no storms yesterday.
             UF..........I guess getting a job with Amazon is better than not working, I'm sure glad I'm retired Dirk g this whole mess.
             Bud.........What kind of place is that rehab center if the Dr. there can't figure out your wife's problem?
             Happy Belated Birthday Dave.
             Steve.......The weather looks like it will stick around for a few days.
              H2l......... How was the fishing yesterday.
               Wally........Same question.
                Yesterday after breakfast I went out and weeded my wife's garden, and while I was at PT she mowed most of the lawn, one part she wouldn't go near, she has seen a snake thete twice.
                  I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out if you dare. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20049 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:07 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

74 heading to low 90's later on, another steam bath on the way.

Bud an animal hospital would give Janice better care :cookoo: Try to keep your chin up.

We are off to the shack in a couple of minutes. I am bringing my ladder stand up and we will grab the camera card and scatter some bait. I am sure the bugs will be crazy.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Try to stay cool, safe, and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20050 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....x2 WS's words an animal hospital would be better  :blink:  might be time to file a formal complaint  >:(

WS.....guessing this is the first of many trips to the shack over the summer  ;D  enjoy the day  :clap:

IW.....I'm with MrsIW on that  :nono: :unsure:

MrC.....heard on the local news our area typically sees 5 days of above 90* a summer, we've officially had 8 already  :o

H2L.....hope you had a good day yesterday  :flex:

UFC......congrats on the new job, best of luck  :thumbsup:

Managed 4 legal eyes and 1 short yesterday before they shut down completely around 1:00

water was 78* when we left, air temp was 91*  @)  luckily there was a pretty good breeze so it was bearable  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20051 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,
IFF.....x2 WS's words an animal hospital would be better  :blink:  might be time to file a formal complaint >:(

Good point WW. It's unbelievable a place would pass off a "Don't know why"  response :cookoo:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20052 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:59 AM »
WW........... Congrats on the fish :clap:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20053 on: Jul 03, 2020, 06:26 AM »
70* and some clouds, no wind.

IFF, sure do hope they can get a handle on the wife's sugar.

IW, my wife is also not a snake lover and she hates bees even worst.

WW, you had a pretty good day on the water. Me not so good, 1 walleye, again right at the start. Very few hits but  tons of bait and a lot of fish on the bait. It did get pretty warm out there and lots of boats.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20054 on: Jul 03, 2020, 07:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  71 and sticky humid conditions this am, scattered thunderstorms are expected throughout the day, high of 80. Had a pretty strong storm roll through late afternoon yesterday....couple plants in the garden took a beating.

Dave...Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to you...hope you had a great day yesterday!   :bow:
  UFC...congrats on the new job, I hope it works out well for you until your business picks up....best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad you avoided the skunk anyway!  :thumbsup:  What is the water temp up to?
  Wally...warm day on the water, congrats to you and Mr.WW on another good catch, nice job!!  :clap:     The teleconference call went well, as of this point in time no cases of the virus with any of the residents which was great news. Still no word on any type of visitation yet...hopefully soon.
  Marv...safe travels to the shack, make sure you double check your clothes for any unwanted visitors tagging along!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the PT went well yesterday.  :thumbsup:  Very nice of your wife to get the mowing caught up...my wife doesn’t like the snakes either!  ;D
  Bud...as mentioned, agree about filing a formal complaint...that place is way out of line the way it’s operating! Hope your wife’s #’s are declining today... :thumbsup:
  Steve...will be happy seeing this weather pattern leave as well, the humidity and dew points have been very uncomfortable lately.

Going to be a strange 4th of July this year with so many of the areas fireworks shows being cancelled, the grandchildren are pretty bummed out about it, but it’s for the best at this time.
  Had a good laugh yesterday on my way to Lowe’s, listening to some good old Waylon Jennings. A car pulls up beside me at a red light with some pounding rap type of music going...so, I cranked up Waylon a few notches, then a few more, then a few more! The guy in the car turned down his music for a second and looks over and smiles....was probably the first time he ever heard Lonesome, On’ry And Mean...rookie!!   :roflmao:
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20055 on: Jul 03, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Good Morning ER's  WW nice catch by you and Mr. WW   Mr. C nothing in the cases yet but your ? got me thinking Hali stuff. WS hope all goes well at the camp. I got the skunk smell off yesterday but barely. Highlight of the day was seeing a 3 inch gill breach the surface on a attack of a white butterfly. It was just like a shark on a seal in miniature. My thinking of going deep was way off. Early morning all action was on surface or just below the splashes. H2L you got into an eye too good job. While I was looking into the tube stuff I found a video of Babe Winklemen fighting a huge sturgeon from a float tube check it out

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20056 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Going to be another hot and steamy day. Things haven’t been going to well here since my pain meds were stopped. Hopefully will be seeing someone at a pain clinic that may take me. After the past couple of weeks I definitely won’t go back on Tramadol. My wife is doing well. Diabetes seems to be under control. She is working over the next 4 days. I worry about her.

IFF, I’m sorry that the rehab and and Dr aren’t helping your wife. Sad but true that she would get better care at a veterinary hospital. You and your wife are in our prayers.

Old Goat, Good that you got the skunk smell off.

Mason Eddie, Thats good news that the teleconference went well. Hopefully you’ll be able to see your Mom soon. Maybe you converted that young man to Waylon Jennings. Your definitely right about this 4th of July.

Hunts2long, At least you didn’t get skunked. Are you going out again today?

WallyWorld, Congratulations on a good day on the water.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good day at the shack.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great that pt is working. My wife wouldn’t be happy with snakes either.

UFC creel, Good luck on your job.

Drifter, Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you shared some cake with the pups.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day and manages to stay cool.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20057 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:33 AM »
My first thought this morning is there must be some truth in why the term "Practice" is associated with "Doctors"  ::) ::)

And make matters worse, I wake up with a to me is a muscle pain in lower back, almost had me going to my knees  :woot: hope this doesn't linger on.

WW way to go on the catching  :thumbsup: :clap:
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20058 on: Jul 03, 2020, 07:18 PM »
IFF, Did your wife come home today? Did the rehab get her sugar under control? How is your back doing?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20059 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:23 PM »
 Good evening had a thunderstorm pass through around 6PM thankfully I have not see any damage from all these storms. There were the storm warnings scrolling across my TV screen  a couple farms north of me in Ulster county  suffered storm related damage earlier in the week.
IFF your stress level must be through the roof sounds like the rehab center has no idea on how to handle your wife.
Ice Wanderer Good working relationship with your wife. Have a good Fourth of July enjoy any fireworks shows in your area.
Whopper Stopper hope you found everything at the "Shack" in good shape and that whatever bug repellent you used was effective. Does your SIL now know how to fill the bear bait buckets/barrels.
Wallyworld congratulations to you and Mr.WW glad you had a breeze to keep things comfortable.
Hunts2long sounds like fishing on GSL will be tough at times competing with all the natural forage.
Eddie it will be a different Fourth of July without fireworks shows you should check your TV listing there might be a show from some Major U.S. city being broadcast or old footage being replayed that will keep your grandchildren happy. Great news from your Mom's nursing home may they allow visitation in coming days.
Old Goat from your description the boxes should help keep the Hali's tangle free.
Icefisher-45 hope your are to see doctors at a pain clinic soon must be hard getting through each day. I'm guessing the Tramadole did little for pain relief or had some bad side effects.

Have a good night. May everyone have a good holiday weekend.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20060 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:24 PM »
No fisher-45 she will be released Tuesday

Steve, ya got that right.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20061 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

Happy 4th of July  :thumbsup: :clap:  Let's forget what we're missing this year and remember to thank all the men and women who serve, past and present, and sacrifice so much for our freedom  :bow: :flex: :clap:

Enjoy the day however you chose to celebrate  :)   Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20062 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:52 AM »
Happy Birthday, America!!!

61* and sunny. We got about an hour of heavy rain about 4:30 last night just as my nephew was mowing my lawn.

Eddie, the water temp on Thursday was 74*. Not many boats on the lake yesterday, I think the weather reports kept many away. Today that won't be the case, also there is a Pres. Trump parade on the lake. We will see how that goes. Oh, I don't think he is coming to it.

Lindsay and Rocky are coming up today for a picnic.

Enjoy the 4th of July...h2l

FACT...when I first typed that last line, I typed, Enjoy OUR 4 of July and then I thought, in todays America, that might offend someone.
Well, if it does, that is too bad, it is OUR Birthday. Many of ALL Americans fought for what we have in this country. So, let me say

Enjoy OUR 4th of July....h2
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20063 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Good morning ER's,
           Happy 4th of July,
           Let us celebrate today with out any violence and join as one nation they way our founders did in 1775.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20064 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:06 AM »
Happy 4th of July to Everyone, Hope everyone remembers the brave men who got us our freedom in 1775.

Hope everyone has a great day and a peaceful one. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20065 on: Jul 04, 2020, 07:00 AM »
 Good morning Happy Fourth of July to everyone. Like others have mentioned please take a moment to remember those who fought for the creation of this country and all who have served past and present to protect our country. Cloudy sky currently have not checked the weather report believe it will be another day of hot,humid weather with chance of rain. If fireworks will be a part of your celebration today please be careful.
Hunts2long enjoy your day with your daughters and canine companions. May the parade stay peaceful and not draw unwanted attention to your area of NY.
Ice Wanderer may you wish for today come true.
IFF may today be a better one for you and Janice. Try to find someone other then a family member to talk with and hopefully ease some of your stress.
Drifter hope you are relaxing at the cabin and had time to do some fishing as you self isolate. Once the isolation is over may you see some normality in your life.

May everyone have a safe and good day however you choose to celebrate.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20066 on: Jul 04, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

:bow:  Happy Birthday America!!   ::bow:

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July. ..God Bless America!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20067 on: Jul 04, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

:bow:  Happy Birthday America!!   ::bow:

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July. ..God Bless America!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20068 on: Jul 04, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Good Morning ER's happy 4th of July to all. The fireworks started here already nope just a Blow Fly/ Bottle fly hatch there everywhere the flyswatter is working overtime until further notice. IFF hope you and your wife are doing better. Hot and Humid here for a long stretch ahead.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20069 on: Jul 04, 2020, 10:34 AM »
X3 to Eddies post! Sir, I salute you!!! Last night we were treated to a neighborhood fireworks display!! Pretty darn good until  :callcops:!!!  :%$#!: ;)2 I was up early and watered and fertilized before it gets too hot! We have 90's for a week or two! Picked some squash this morning! I'm going to have a good crop!! I hope everyone has a safe and sane 4th weekend!! Enjoy, stay well, and STFAH!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.