The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Apologies Where Due.  (Read 5045 times)

Mizayikaa

Apologies Where Due.
« on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Starting with Wenger, whom I made a snide comment to on his thread last night, I would like to publicly apologize. Also, I would like to extend my apology to anyone I may have offended this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether I agree with it or not and I hope that I made more friends than enemies on this forum. My gear is getting put away for the season and I just wanted to leave on a good note. I enjoy reading all of your posts even if I don't always act like it. I hope everyone had a safe and successful season that continues into the open water season. Thanks.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Apologies Where Due.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2019, 10:36 PM »
👍👍

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Starting with Wenger, whom I made a snide comment to on his thread last night, I would like to publicly apologize. Also, I would like to extend my apology to anyone I may have offended this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether I agree with it or not and I hope that I made more friends than enemies on this forum. My gear is getting put away for the season and I just wanted to leave on a good note. I enjoy reading all of your posts even if I don't always act like it. I hope everyone had a safe and successful season that continues into the open water season. Thanks.

I would have just said "Beer, the truth serum of how I really feel".  ;)2
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2019, 10:28 AM »

Not in the offended group but just wanted to wish you a good rest of your year! Until next season!

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2019, 10:33 AM »
 :thumbsup:
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:21 PM »
a little late season juice....this is ice fishin...this aint...how you treat your family or friends....if you by chance offend someone?..so be it..i am sure it wasn't that bad...good god I know I have retracted and been held accountable for snarky..snided..and mean remarks....but ice fisherman are solid in so many ways....sure there are people that ruffle the feathers....but think about it....if you can sit on a bucket and freeze your ass off...and not catch anything...but you go back?..that's ice fishin..most ice fisherman are pretty thick skinned...its nice that you apologized..i need to throw a broad apology out as well....

oldschoolben

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:12 PM »
I'm just glad I have never offended anyone on here lmao

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2019, 10:03 PM »
ice fisherman are solid in so many ways....sure there are people that ruffle the feathers....but think about it....if you can sit on a bucket and freeze your ass off...and not catch anything...but you go back?..that's ice fishin.
[/quote

Well said! I can't wait till next season to sit on  the ice and relax!

Offline Nockdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2019, 01:49 AM »
i guess its not just the shorelines getting soft

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2019, 03:17 PM »
HA..Nockdown...I don't think anybody is getting too soft..expect the same set of characters next season...and have a good supply of popcorn...the clash of personalities suggest that there are a few of us that won't be sitting around a campfire and singing kumbayah anytime soon...

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2019, 04:14 PM »
god. this is better than day time tv. keep it up.
fish till it hurts then fish some more

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2019, 07:37 PM »
I'm just happy we don't have a bunch of 'yeah you're right' kinda guys here.
I'm happy these guys are great with cameras.  I got untold amount of photo of my fingers. 
I lost 50 pounds this ice fishing season pulling my gear....so if anyone sees a full 7 gallon bottle of propane floating in the water, please let me know.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Yeah, and I am the most sensitive person on this forum. ;D  You know, tender feelers.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2019, 09:21 PM »
HA!!! love it...don't let the maggots bruise your arse on the way out....

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Nockdown, soft? No, just responding to a comment that I felt defined ice fisherman/woman imo.  I do enjoy sitting out in the elements whether it be cold temps, wind, snow, rain, snow constantly filling the holes.... or a  really like the calm sunny day, as most would. Sometimes the fish cooperate on the really nice days, sometimes on the more miserable days, sometimes not at all!  Either way, I'm going fishing.

As far as the ''soft shorelines'', they do suck! Indicates the end of my fishing season until the next ice forms. Work, gets in my way for open water, but not for ice, which I like better. 

Have a good open water season!

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2019, 03:22 PM »
Sorry if I offended anyone or acted offended!  Neither was the case I hope!

Have a great summer and remember to tip your guide well...oops! ;D

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Youse guys are killin' me. I'm sorta in the club...

OK. Give your brother a hug and a kiss and you can leave your corners and go outside and play.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Seriously, quote from my mother circa 1960s.  ::)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Youse guys are killin' me. I'm sorta in the club...

OK. Give your brother a hug and a kiss and you can leave your corners and go outside and play.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Seriously, quote from my mother circa 1960s.  ::)

Give him a hug and the Mike Tyson bite on the ear. >:D
wish you many hook-ups

Offline OTTOCAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2019, 11:33 PM »
To;  esox_xtm,,,
  Born and raised in cooney,,, 1960-1978,,, then moved to Montana,,Friendly hello to you....

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2019, 08:25 AM »
To;  esox_xtm,,,
  Born and raised in cooney,,, 1960-1978,,, then moved to Montana,,Friendly hello to you....

Get outta town.... Oops, you already did that. Howdy back atcha!

We may be related. I was born there in '54 and became a "child of the Midwest" in '60. Lived in MN, SDak and IA before moving back here in '77. My last name is...

Otto.  ;)2 Betcha didn't see that coming!  :woot:

Offline OTTOCAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2019, 10:58 PM »
WOW!!!!  That''s freaky,,,, John here,, Graduated in 78,,, sister Debbie,, Graduated in 74,, Dad, Ralph,(Sam),,  Weird,, diden't know of other relation in the area,, but you never know?? I've seen you on here for a coupla years,, (from Cooney)  but not same name,, WILD!!!!   Just thought I'd say Hi to someone from  OCONOMOWOC!!!!!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 04:02 PM »
I'm not apologizing for anything.... played Rugby For Oconomowoc for a number of years! ORFC for life!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 04:18 PM »
I'm not apologizing for anything.... played Rugby For Oconomowoc for a number of years! ORFC for life!

LOL! 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 04:39 PM »

Did you know Drew and/or George? Kiltie owner and his brother both Ocon ruggers I believe.

Just gotta say: This is starting to get a little creepy.  ::) ;)2

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Yeah, everyone around here (aka the remnants of the Little Ten Football Conference from yester-years) knows that Cooney still sucks.

Sorry, I'm inoculated from being offended since I froze my ass in the polar vortex this winter. Hope you were cold enough as well.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Yeah, everyone around here (aka the remnants of the Little Ten Football Conference from yester-years) knows that Cooney still sucks.

Sorry, I'm inoculated from being offended since I froze my ass in the polar vortex this winter. Hope you were cold enough as well.

Whoa! This could go south fast...  :roflmao: Everyone knows all you Watertuckians are related.  ;)2 S'funny, i'd seen "Watertooner" here before but every state has a Watertown so I figured odds would be not close. Surprise!  :o If you feel inclined to "return fire" let's drag this over to the WI board. At least some more local folks can enjoy the banter and we won't clutter up this place any further.

To all you Montana guys: I'm not offended (even by my "neighbor") but I must apologize for dragging our regional foolishness about 1,200 miles to our west.

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 12:18 AM »
Nah, my ammo is spent. I'm actually a SoDak-ian (1960-1978) who married a Gosling whose mother was a Gosling whose father was a Gosling - who actually noodled geese to fatten their livers back in the day. Was trying to close the loop in this thread from west to east, but got carried away.   ;D

N.B. to other than Esox - the Watertown HS mascot is a gosling which is rather weird, but does have historical significance.

Please return to your offended/unoffended channels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.